Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is scattered evidence in history and from cultural artifacts that there may be an unknown amount of time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 (the Christian Gap theory) many believe this segement of Genesis could account for the billions of years geologic history of the Earth.

Via a Gap theory has existed for millennia in the past that dates well before science came about that concurred the Earth has went through a history of billions of year.

Many Christians state the Gap Theory think this is in agreement with Historic Geology.

Below is statements that briefly point out the reason the Bible presents the Gap Theory.

Screenshot_20180819-095625.jpg

http://www.custance.org/Library/WFANDV/chap1.html

It is proposed this interpretation of Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 as held by the ancients and reflect an unknown length of time, a time very much possibly what modern geology has found in the length of Earths Age.

Screenshot_20180819-095036.jpg

Screenshot_20180819-095234.jpg

It appears God would had to Create the surface region of the Earth twice, in reflection to what Genesis 1:3-11 and other Genesis One Fourth Day etc. presents.

One Creation between 1:1 and 1:2 and the so called Mosaic 6 Days of Creation listed in Genesis One following Scriptures.

I am not against those who want to believe in the Gap Theory.

But it is not my view. True guesstimation and wrangling of words is required for the Gap Theory.

It is without conviction of error and a heart of peace that I can say with honesty that God Created a Cosmos and Earth with true Mature Apparent-Embedded Age. Eve being a pefect example. And the fossil record in line to the creatures buried since Eve, all showing Kind, and no sign of evolution. A fossil record God would have Created over the historic time of Esrth physically maturing by geologic processes. Evevian (Eve-vi-an) Geology, a reflection of Eve's Creation method and representation. Yes, faith is very much centrally required, in Attributes of God and in view of Scriptures He has clearly written for all to see, with or without a heart full of faith.

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The biggest problem with the Gap Theory is that it assumes that the fall of Satan and the rebellion of the angels occurred between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. As a result of this rebellion and God's judgment upon it, what was left was an earth "without form and void." The chaos of Genesis 1:2 is seen in the Gap Theory as a direct result of God's judgment on Satan's rebellion.

This is a very creative theory, but reads far too much into the text of Genesis to be plausible.

• Winner
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is without conviction of error and a heart of peace that I can say with honesty that God Created a Cosmos and Earth with true Mature Apparent-Embedded Age.

No , such thing as cosmos exist , only heaven and earth .

There is no gap , no room for Gap . Lucifer prior to fall was covered in precious stones walking in Eden UNTILL he said to himself that he will be like most high God .

• Winner
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The biggest problem with the Gap Theory is that it assumes that the fall of Satan and the rebellion of the angels occurred between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. As a result of this rebellion and God's judgment upon it, what was left was an earth "without form and void." The chaos of Genesis 1:2 is seen in the Gap Theory as a direct result of God's judgment on Satan's rebellion.

This is a very creative theory, but reads far too much into the text of Genesis to be plausible.
Thank you for clarifying why you do not accept the Gap Theory.

I see the same "reads far too much" in to those texts.

What we have is page after page of other verses in the Bible that can give a more clear picture of God and His Ways, like Creating things - like a leper made whole requires very detailed Creative touch and insight, where the result is if the cell structures and suchs were made new - and back to the lepers Natural Maturity Appearance - as if the leper was always whole. And other like miricles represent such too. Aspects we can learn from that point to God's Creative Ways.

In the Gap Theory, like you, I have to read into the so-called gap of time many many items that would be without proper evidence to base such on. A lot of people leaning on their own understanding if revelation was not given. And to date I do not see Divine Inspired elements from the Most High.

I do not follow modern men with "visions or encounters" for the masses to heed.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No , such thing as cosmos exist , only heaven and earth .

There is no gap , no room for Gap . Lucifer prior to fall was covered in precious stones walking in Eden UNTILL he said to himself that he will be like most high God .
Thanks for term correction. To stay within Biblical terms.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
There is scattered evidence in history and from cultural artifacts that there may be an unknown amount of time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 (the Christian Gap theory) many believe this segement of Genesis could account for the billions of years geologic history of the Earth.

Doesn't fit the context of the verses. Here are the verses with my views in black.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning (of the creation of the perfect heaven) God (The Trinity) created the heaven (Heb-air) and the earth. (Heb-ground)
Gen 1:2 And the earth (ground) was without form, (dust) and void; (empty) and darkness (Death) was upon the face of the deep. (water) And the Spirit of God moved (hovered) upon the face of the waters.

Everything God created was subject to death which means that He could never have a perfect Heaven until Death was defeated. The invisible Spirit spoke and YHWH/Jesus came forth from within God into the physical world. Jesus will defeat Death and deliver to the Father the perfect physical Heaven God requires. Jesus IS the Light of the 1st Day.

1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟239,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So, this sounds like a theological discussion that really only concerns believers and their interpretation of their scriptures. Given that I think this probably belongs at least in the Christians only debate section. It certainly doesn't belong here and just because you mention Genesis doesn't make it a creation vs. evolution discussion.

You should move it there.

Because, frankly, evolutionists don't care what your preferred holy book says or how you interpret it. We only care about what you can demonstrate with regard to what we observe and the models and theories we've built from those observations.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
All we know about the original creation is that it was, in the beginning'. The creation of man is another matter entirely connected to an unbroken timeline. I'm fine with a gap in there being ten seconds or billions of years.

• Agree
Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I remember correctly the Gap Theory places a pre-Adamic race in there -- and that's bologna.

It does however, nicely explain how God's creation wen't from "very good" to having craters and "pockmarks" everywhere, by positing a long drawn-out battle in the cosmos.

I believe that too, but it happened in Adam's time and wasn't long and drawn-out.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Genesis could have said that in a single verse.
Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

"Heavens" = "universe"

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Via a Gap theory has existed for millennia in the past that dates well before science came about that concurred the Earth has went through a history of billions of year.

Many Christians state the Gap Theory think this is in agreement with Historic Geology.

Below is statements that briefly point out the reason the Bible presents the Gap Theory.

View attachment 238403
http://www.custance.org/Library/WFANDV/chap1.html

It is proposed this interpretation of Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 as held by the ancients and reflect an unknown length of time, a time very much possibly what modern geology has found in the length of Earths Age.

View attachment 238405
View attachment 238406

It appears God would had to Create the surface region of the Earth twice, in reflection to what Genesis 1:3-11 and other Genesis One Fourth Day etc. presents.

One Creation between 1:1 and 1:2 and the so called Mosaic 6 Days of Creation listed in Genesis One following Scriptures.

I am not against those who want to believe in the Gap Theory.

But it is not my view. True guesstimation and wrangling of words is required for the Gap Theory.

It is without conviction of error and a heart of peace that I can say with honesty that God Created a Cosmos and Earth with true Mature Apparent-Embedded Age. Eve being a pefect example. And the fossil record in line to the creatures buried since Eve, all showing Kind, and no sign of evolution. A fossil record God would have Created over the historic time of Esrth physically maturing by geologic processes. Evevian (Eve-vi-an) Geology, a reflection of Eve's Creation method and representation. Yes, faith is very much centrally required, in Attributes of God and in view of Scriptures He has clearly written for all to see, with or without a heart full of faith.
So was Eve the mother of all living when given her name, or was it that she “became” the mother of all living??????

I am thinking at this point people will begin to attempt to double-talk their way around the meaning of “hayah” in the second verse....

Last edited:
Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justatruthseeker

Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

"Heavens" = "universe"

So that’s when God finished the place where He dwells too?

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If I remember correctly the Gap Theory places a pre-Adamic race in there -- and that's bologna.

It does however, nicely explain how God's creation wen't from "very good" to having craters and "pockmarks" everywhere, by positing a long drawn-out battle in the cosmos.

I believe that too, but it happened in Adam's time and wasn't long and drawn-out.
No, it happened before Adam existed and led to the earth becoming desolate and waste, and darkness covering the surface of the deep......

God’s creation (the sixth creation - man) then afterwards went from being very good to becoming corrupt to the point He saw fit to wipe out all life but representatives of each kind in a global flood.

Soon there will be a sixth destruction and a seventh and final creation.

Hence 666. Sixth creation on the sixth day and the cause of the sixth destruction to come....

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟156,642.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not so sure about that.

I'm still out to lunch.
I'm out to lunch on most of it. There is very very little clarity of in these verses.

I think the lack of this clarity is one of the main aspects God wants us to accept.

I learned early one of His ways was to wait on Him for understanding the Scriptures.

That means verses we are looking at - for me - are put on a shelf until He opens them. Just like so many verses in Revelation.

I have seen many "read into these verses" wacko teaching and doctrine. Conjecture required. Much missing information.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0