Sunny, Florida
✟7,899.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys. :wave:As young adults, I'm sure we all think about what the future holds for us, right?!

:confused:

Do you think about having children?
Possibly getting married someday, if your not already?
Where do you think you'll be 3 or 5 years down the road?
Where do you want to be?

I'm just about to hit 22 and already have an almost 2 year old boy, a spouse,...a family and a home to call my own. I'm curious as to what all of you want for yourselves and where you see yourselves several years from now.

It's good to think about the future. Puts things in perspective. :cool:

Andie.em

The pillow in your pillow case.
Mar 10, 2010
San Marcos, Ca
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welllll the future and I have a love hate thing goin on. I've never been much of a planner. I like to be flexible, spontaneous, random. Plus it seems like everything never goes exactly the way its planned. Soooo why not leave it to God? hah wing it!

Yes yes yes, I understand it is wise to think ahead and be mindful of whats going on.

With that said, the only future related things I think of regards school, travel, and work. Other than that, I go where the wind takes me, and never really know what's in store. Its better that way, in my opinion. No time to worry. Plus my responsibilities aren't that binding seeing as I'm not really looking for a husband or trying to pop out offspring. Freedommmmmm!

Upvote 0

ashley lynne

Loving mom and spouse ♥
Nov 10, 2005
Sunny, Florida
✟7,899.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Welllll the future and I have a love hate thing goin on. I've never been much of a planner. I like to be flexible, spontaneous, random. Plus it seems like everything never goes exactly the way its planned. Soooo why not leave it to God? hah wing it!

Yes yes yes, I understand it is wise to think ahead and be mindful of whats going on.

With that said, the only future related things I think of regards school, travel, and work. Other than that, I go where the wind takes me, and never really know what's in store. Its better that way, in my opinion. No time to worry. Plus my responsibilities aren't that binding seeing as I'm not really looking for a husband or trying to pop out offspring. Freedommmmmm!

Being spontaneous and random is all fine and dandy...hey, I used to be just like that, but you can be spontaneous while still thinking about what you want for your future.

You can't just throw your life into God's hands and think you'll have to do no work whatsoever. ;) It aint that easy! You have to think about what you want for yourself or life is going to pass you by and things that the Lord will have wanted to give to you will come and go without notice.

I was never much of a planner either. I always "flew by the seat of my pants" and went on trips with only a moments notice...it was fun! I wish I would've given myself more of a chance to be "young and spontaneous", but I wouldn't trade any little part of my life for something more "spontaneous". Believe it or not, my life is filled with spontaneous moments and unexpected things...but my son and a diaper bag are always included! :cool: When I'm "middle aged" my children will be grown and I'll be child-less...we'll be spontaneous then. lol :D

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
My future depends on what happens until the end of this summer.
I'm supposed to pick what I'm going to do with the rest of my life....no pressure or anything. :p

I do have it narrowed down: either I'm going to teach History to High School-and-up, or I'm going to seminary and become a pastor. I don't honestly know what I'm going to choose yet, it's not that I'm flip-flopping but rather the environment to do either changes every now and then, sometimes drastically.

I'm single, so I don't have to plan around anyone else's dreams....I suppose that's some sort of sick blessing that God has given me. I'm a lot better dealing with and helping others than working with myself on what I want to do, lol.

Probably going to move to New York permanently, that's actually something that I have control over and is most likely going to become a reality. I miss California, but I don't miss my parents or my family in the least bit. Plus I'm not too wild about the beach, either. :)

Upvote 0

Stjernkvist

disciple
Jan 12, 2010
Sweden
Visit site
✟16,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there, i was going to bee pretty boring and answer these questions just up-side-down.

Do you think about having children?

Yes ofc, but not more than 4...

Possibly getting married someday, if your not already?

Getting married to the girl i want to live with is the ultimate for me.

Where do you think you'll be 3 or 5 years down the road?

3 years, probly in the army (1-2 years of duty) or i'll be on a bible school
5years, i hope... i'll be preaching the good news about the God, Jesus and the Holy spirit. 3 wounder full things that have changed my life.

Where do you want to be?

Where i want to be? i'd like to be in Sweden or somewhere else in the "west-world" and preaching. =)

Upvote 0