Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul wrote, some nearly two thousand years ago:

1 Corinthians 3 & 4

1 Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ. 2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? 4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?

5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

6 Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.”

8 Already you have all you want! Already you have become rich! You have begun to reign—and that without us! How I wish that you really had begun to reign so that we also might reign with you! 9 For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings. 10 We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! 11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12 We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13 when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.

Let me just bring this out, again:

'You have begun to reign—and that without us! How I wish that you really had begun to reign so that we also might reign with you!'

Paul was there talking about something else, something much more, clearly, then what he was experiencing in his day.

Was that reigning with Christ fulfilled some time in the future, such as when the Church became unioned with the State, something that would not truly happen until several centuries later?

No, it did not.

Not in the way that Paul was looking forward to it.

Remember Moses, and how he declined the Egyptian Empire many centuries before Paul, 'not considering it comparable to what God could provide'?

We do not see the world becoming the Kingdom of God and Christ until the Seventh Trumpet blows, after the ascension to Heaven of the Two Witnesses:

Revelation 11
15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:

“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

This is before the 'fall of Babylon', this is before 'the Beast' and 'the False Prophet' are 'thrown in the lake of fire'. This is before 'the birds gorge themselves on the flesh of all, great and small'.

Only after all that, do you see 'those who were killed resurrected and raised with Christ to reign with him for a thousand years'.

Just as it was said before Revelation was written, that the evil one must come first and be exposed. We see Revelation expand on that, to include the destruction of mighty institutions, and, at least, a spiritual devastation of flesh across the entire world.

So, it is not just one person who is exposed, and destroyed, but you see the entire world being, at least, spiritually devastated.

Psalm 149

1 Sing to the Lord a new song,
his praise in the assembly of his faithful people.

2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;
let the people of Zion be glad in their King.

6 May the praise of God be in their mouths
and a double-edged sword in their hands,
7 to inflict vengeance on the nations
and punishment on the peoples,
8 to bind their kings with fetters,
their nobles with shackles of iron,
9 to carry out the sentence written against them—
this is the glory of all his faithful people.

Praise the Lord.

It has to be something better then what we have today, and in the first world, we have a lot.

But, do you really believe that Paul and Moses would not have rejected today's world, longing for something 'better then this'?

The very likely possibility is that at the first resurrection, we are raised 'imperishable'. We see this manner of body in Revelation, and in the mount of Transfiguration -- where it was not just Jesus appearing this way, but also two others, Moses and Elijah. So, we know this manner of body is the manner of body we are to inherit.

Even with those descriptions, however, we can not really say what that state of consciousness would be like. And, we do not know how the glorified body of Moses differed from the glorified body of Elijah, and how they both differed from the body of Jesus.

These are immortal bodies of vast glory -- very much unlike the flesh we have today.

The reign, then, of Christ and his saints, will be incomparably glorious to what we have seen in history, or what we have today.

To truly embrace that, we must reject the glory of the kingdoms of this world, even to this very day.

There is something incomparably better coming.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Paul wrote, some nearly two thousand years ago:
The very likely possibility is that at the first resurrection, we are raised 'imperishable'. We see this manner of body in Revelation, and in the mount of Transfiguration -- where it was not just Jesus appearing this way, but also two others, Moses and Elijah. So, we know this manner of body is the manner of body we are to inherit.

To truly embrace that, we must reject the glory of the kingdoms of this world, even to this very day.

There is something incomparably better coming.
That is a lot to munch on friend but the bolded part struck out at as I had just put up a post concerning the first resurrection, if you and/or others are interest.
I use the greek quite a lot as you can tell. So many great resources available now.

'Devil's Advocate' for Amillenialism

This exact form for the word "resurrection" used in Reve 20:5 is used in only 6 verses, 4 of those in 1Corinthians 15.

G386 ἀνάστασις

ἀνάστασις — 6x

Revelation 20:5 -

But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished<5055>.
This is the first resurrection

The Great I AM!

John 11:25 -
Jesus said to her, I<1473> AM<1510> the resurrection and the life.
He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

1Corinthians 15:

12 Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead,
how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.
21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead.
The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dan 12:3 Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever.

This will happen at the Millennium, and it is starting to happen already.

But, not through the religious establishment established by men, but through the Spirit in those very stars.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a lot to munch on friend but the bolded part struck out at as I had just put up a post concerning the first resurrection, if you and/or others are interest.
I use the greek quite a lot as you can tell. So many great resources available now.

'Devil's Advocate' for Amillenialism

The bolded part was, 'The very likely possibility is that at the first resurrection, we are raised 'imperishable'. We see this manner of body in Revelation'.

I am not sure what your response is on that, what your conclusion is from your study.

I read your post you presented on the Mystery of God and am also not sure what your conclusion is there.

I put 'very likely' in the bolded statement above, as this may be a new idea to many people. They certainly will be raised with imperishable bodies at the first resurrection.

On the Mystery of God, Heaven knows - or knew - at that time, all the details. But, earth does not know these details.

Whomever the two witnesses are, their ministry was enough for the Archangel to start his trumpet blast.

Immediately after that you hear, in Heaven, but not on earth, 'the kingdom of the world has become the Kingdom of God and Christ'.

However, like new owners taking over a business, a lot of changes have to be made, before the first resurrection can happen.

I would point out there are many who knows, today, they have the Spirit of Immortality in them, but they have not yet been raised imperishable.

The reign in spirit happens before the first resurrection, but the enemies against the Kingdom of God are daunting and must be dealt with before the first resurrection can take place and the saints reign with Jesus for a thousand years.

Upvote 0