Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The research is credible, but whatever you want to believe Chaz. If you want to believe random people on the internet who are not MDs or scientists, that's entirely up to you. I'm done arguing it with you because it's pointless. There's sufficient information and evidence out there - additional to FoK - that tell me that it's a healthier lifestyle than the average American lifestyle.

What makes it credible though if it's not peer reviewed, which you yourself said in this thread that science must be? Without peer review, the fact that a person doing research is a doctor or scientist is meaningless. The entire point of peer review is to make sure there's no bias in the way the research was constructed. Something that definitely can't be said in this case.

And I'm not at all arguing that it's not more healthy than the average American lifestyle, I'm arguing that it's the absence of animal protein that makes it more healthy. They took the average American diet, changed about a gazillion things about it, saw that the subjects were healthier and decided that it was the lack of animal protein. Which of course they would if that's what they wanted to "prove" in the first place.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which of course they would if that's what they wanted to "prove" in the first place.

Thats just it..or part of it..they never set out to prove anything in "the first place".But thats another assumption people make..who are set out" in the first place" to reject it.

These guys had ZERO motivation to discover what they did only to find out the truth.Their only other choice with is what many have done..is IGNORE the evidence.

Dallas

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh also..for Dr.Campbell it wasnt due to the "typical American diet" that drew his attenion ..it was the starving children in the Philipines..FAR from the "typical American diet"..He was part of the program to figure out how to feed them..and they settled on all plant protein because it was cheaper..

Dallas

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

I think it really depends on the meat that one eats. Like I've posted on here, Japanese eat lots of fish and live much longer than us. Italians eat a lot of grass fed meat and dairy and live much longer than us.

I make sure the meat I digest is grass fed and higher quality fish. And I like to have at least two sides of veggies with each meal (preferably both raw). And the fruit must be local and preferably organic.

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
So, when this SAME "medical-community" tells expectant parents to MAKE SURE
that their babies are shut-up with a bazillion SHOTS
before they are even a year old, then it's A-ok & healthy ??????

Yet, this SAME "medical-community" tells expectant parents to MAKE SURE
that their babies don't get the wholesome :thumbsup: FOODS which God for us created, like honey & eggs, & fresh-made peanut-butter, & strawberries...

And that insanity, they call "health-care" ????

oy vey!

I would say Yes...but then again Im one of those who work in the health care field (NA and doing 2nd yr of LPN dipoloma program) and from what I have studied and seen I am for immunizations.
That is actually one area I would love to work in...either that or Geriatrics or Pysch...(that is awhole other thread though):)

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Do shots "shut up" a baby? I mean, I thought it was so that they didn't get life threatening diseases. I didn't know they had a 'stop the baby crying' shot, or I might have invested in some of those myself.

Again, just because it's "wholesome" doesn't mean that it's meant for a young baby.

That is just rude!! To get a shut up shot for a baby! :(

Now a shut up shotfor a TEENAGER then Ill be the first in line (with mine) ;) Bwwhahahaha^_^

(Couldn't resist....sorry :holy:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Bacon in a box (30 sec to cook) is disgusting!!
But yup...we cook our bacon on the grill..(the fat that comes off is disgusting) so its leaner, healthy and tastes crisp and good :thumbsup:

Grilled bacon? Great idea! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it really depends on the meat that one eats. Like I've posted on here, Japanese eat lots of fish and live much longer than us. Italians eat a lot of grass fed meat and dairy and live much longer than us.

I make sure the meat I digest is grass fed and higher quality fish. And I like to have at least two sides of veggies with each meal (preferably both raw). And the fruit must be local and preferably organic.

Thats in part why I think I'm going to still eat a lttle fish..Especially sardines..talk about calcium and they have a lot of vitamin D and b-12 ..and there arent a lot of sources for b-12 but sardines are listed as an "excellent' source of B-12 at WHF....and sardines are lower on the food chain ..plus they eat soley plankton so they have less mercury contamination then many other choices of fish..

Also can you provide any sources that state that Italians live 'much longer than Americans'?I cant find anything of the sort..the closest I got was that on average Europeans live about 1 year longer than us and it was attributed to the fact they have better access to healthcare than we do.

And the Japanese do eat fish..but thier diet isnt centered around the fish and then small portions of other foods..they eat a LOT of vegetables and broths and RICE..they eat rice every single day.And they do not only live longer on average..they have more years alove WITHOUT DISABILITIES.

Dallas

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

According to that report, it's linked to being a vegetarian. I'm looking forward to reading the full results of that study, which are about people being vegetarians and getting less cancer. Not the kind of meat they eat - but not eating meat at all.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
911 Mediation Hat On

Peace.gif

There are a few posts in here which are getting a little snarky.
Please remember not to make it personal, and to avoid sarcasm.
Mediation Hat Off

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to that report, it's linked to being a vegetarian. I'm looking forward to reading the full results of that study, which are about people being vegetarians and getting less cancer. Not the kind of meat they eat - but not eating meat at all.

I'm not really quoting this to respond to it, but more to use it as a jumping off point. There are many different "types" of vegetarians, classified with different titles. I wonder if they are using a classic vegetarian definition - now redefined as a vegan - or if it includes ovo-/lacto-vegetarians and/or pescatarians in that study, as well.

I, personally, have always classified myself as a pescatarian, though I fall into the ovo-/lacto-vegetarian realm, as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not really quoting this to respond to it, but more to use it as a jumping off point. There are many different "types" of vegetarians, classified with different titles. I wonder if they are using a classic vegetarian definition - now redefined as a vegan - or if it includes ovo-/lacto-vegetarians and/or pescatarians in that study, as well.

I, personally, have always classified myself as a pescatarian, though I fall into the ovo-/lacto-vegetarian realm, as well.
I don't know which it refers to, and I don't think that the reporter does either, which is why I guess I want the full report - whenever they publish it! The sooner the better ... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is just rude!! To get a shut up shot for a baby! :(

Now a shut up shotfor a TEENAGER then Ill be the first in line (with mine) ;) Bwwhahahaha^_^

(Couldn't resist....sorry :holy:)
As the mom of two teenagers and one almost-teenager, I agree with that sentiment.

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know which it refers to, and I don't think that the reporter does either, which is why I guess I want the full report - whenever they publish it! The sooner the better ... :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was looking forward to reading it and was bummed when all I got was that little teaser. :D

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

Oh, I know. I read the article. I was just giving a rebuttal in the defense of meat. Like I said earlier, the world's healthiest people are not all vegetarians. :)

I found a link that showed that there are several cancers that vegetarians get more than meat eaters:

Cancer Vegetarianism & Diet

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, I know. I read the article. I was just giving a rebuttal in the defense of meat. Like I said earlier, the world's healthiest people are not all vegetarians. :)

I found a link that showed that there are several cancers that vegetarians get more than meat eaters:

Cancer Vegetarianism & Diet

This is all well and good, but a "rebuttal" isn't necessary since this isn't a debate thread. :) Please just post your information independently if you want to share it, rather than using it to try and counter what vegetarians are sharing. :)

FWIW, I'm interested in both sides, but I don't want it to become an argument about who is right/wrong.

Upvote 0