The future and how we get there

Do you believe

• 1. That God prophsied the world will end up in the hands of the antichrist?

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • 2. That it will get there while being led by righteous people?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. That it is possible to vote our way out from under God's prophesies?

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
what is this i don't even
If God prophesied the world will end up under the antichrist, is it possible to vote in leaders that will stop or prevent that from happening?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If God prophesied the world will end up under the antichrist, is it possible to vote in leaders that will stop or prevent that from happening?

The choice of leaders are all provided by the devil.

No matter who you vote for, they will work for the devil. In case the good ones are elected, they end up assassinated.

Voting is an illusion you are in control, "freedom" but all your choices are already manufactured by the devil.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Left or right, red or blue, do not both roads lead to the same end?
This is the final great harvest, so God needs to remove any hindrance that would keep people from coming to a saving knowledge of the truth.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Er just who is in charge, is it God or the will of the people?

If God is in control then how people vote in elections will not change what God has determined will happen.

The role of Christians is to worship and serve God and to Glorify him in their lives.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

If God prophesied the world will end up under the antichrist, why would anyone care what "voting" one biblically irrelevant country does?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WE know that we will rule and reign with Christ for 1,000 years. We do not know how that is going to work itself out. I do not even know for sure if this is literal or figurative. For example we are told: "They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea". (Isaiah 11:9) What does this mean: "holy mountain"? Does that mean they will fight in the valley but not the mountain? Is Jesus going to be here on the Earth or just the "knowledge of the Lord"? Figurative or symbolic the idea that: "the government will rest on His shoulders" (Isaiah 9:6) seems to be pretty clear. Satan will no longer be the god of this world: "Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the Abyss, holding in his hand a great chain. He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years" (Rev20:1) We are told that he knows his time is short and he is putting up a fight but that will not save him. I have actually seen the bottomless pit. I did not see anything in the spiritual, but I saw what it looked like in the physical world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Man has dominion and authority.
May I suggest you read about revivals. It will show you man does not have any authority.

Dominion is beter understood by the word stewardship. We are responcible for All of creation and for how we use it.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
That God prophesied the world will end up in the hands of the antichrist?

No.

That it will get there while being led by righteous people?

Ha ha. No.

Strange that the third option includes the first option. Um... If God exists, and if God made such a prophesy, and if God wasn't fibbing about the prophesy, then no. If God was fibbing, then I suppose yes. So I guess I'll have to vote for the third option, even though it seems to be intentionally designed to be nonsensical.

I think we'll just stumble along with the flawed leaders we pick, as usual, with no antichrist. We could have tough times ahead, here and there, but we'll get through them. Unless we manage to drive the planet into Venus-like conditions, or a nuclear holocaust, which would be bad.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May I suggest you read about revivals. It will show you man does not have any authority.
"Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God." Romans 13:1

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. The devil manufactured those choices.
That's my belief, that the liberal and conservative agendas both stem from the same source and reach the same end.

Assuming that is true, does it make sense for us to continue arguing over which road we take to the end? Is it not time to step away and stop participating in it on both sides?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Dominion is beter understood by the word stewardship. We are responcible for All of creation and for how we use it.
Did God not give Adam authority over creation?

Can we be responsible for things we have no authority over?

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God." Romans 13:1
Does that mean God actually places despots and tyrants in office, or that He allows them to be placed there?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

I remember hearing the same thing with regards to the cold war and nuclear annihilation. Paraphrasing Nick Fury, until such time as the world ends let us act as if it intends to spin on.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does that mean God actually places despots and tyrants in office, or that He allows them to be placed there?
This is the great harvest at the end of the Age. Everyone will be given a chance to come to a Saving Knowledge of the truth. This includes Iran, North Korea, Syria, Communist China. Look at all the rioting in Hong Kong. They made a mess out of the subway system there. The people in Hong Kong are taking a stand for democracy and they are not going to allow Beijing to control them. They have the right to rule themselves until 2040 and they are not willing to give that up. If they did not feel threatened they would not have done what they did.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Because this thread is not in a Christians Only section of the board the OP question can only be answered politicially no matter what the Bible says. So I will purposely ignore Scripture is all of my responses here.

No, when people vote for Republicans they are voting the opposite way as peole voting for Democrats. No comparison can be made. Republicans only care abouot businesses and foreign relations. Democrats care about the American people who need our help. So Republicans seem to almost always like to go the wrong direction and Democrats, who do what Jesus would do, always want to move the correct direction.

If you want to prove me wrong. show me indisputable evidence that Republicans do everything they can for the American people who need them most. Not businesses. Not foreigners. But American citiizens who need help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0