Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

Amen!We are saved by faith in His blood.
As long as it is not dead faith:

(New Testament | James 2:14 - 20)

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
My God is the Good Shepherd Who never abandons His Sheep.
If they become His sheep through obedience:

(New Testament | Hebrews 5:9)

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 5:10)

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

(New Testament | John 14:23 - 24)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HeistheWay said:
If they become His sheep through obedience:

How much obedience?
  • 100%
  • 80%
  • 51%
So is salvation a reward or a gift?

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
How much obedience?
  • 100%
  • 80%
  • 51%

You're taking college statistics.

The professor is wanting you to use an online portal provided by the textbook publisher in order to do the homework and take the tests.

On your first attempt at doing your homework, you get a print-out showing what you got wrong and what the right answers are. You begin the process of reconciling your work with the listed correct answers, and discover that while some of the wrong answers you got were your own mistakes, others make no sense and you had the actual answer.

You provide this to your professor, and he goes to investigate. It turns out that when the textbook publisher produced the edition of the book you're using, they updated the questions on the portal but not the answer key. Many of the answers on the key are simply wrong, and so you and your classmates are going to potentially find yourself in situations where you will be in error through someone else's inaction.

In response to this, the professor explains to the class that everyone who does their homework, completes their tests, and contributes in the classroom will at least receive a "B" and thus pass the class.

Do you:

A. Cry about how unfair the world is because something beyond your control is keeping you from 100%?

B. Accept that matters beyond your control have put you in a situation where you won't always get things right but try your best anyway?

C. Drop out of college and go do your own thing because if this one thing isn't in your favor then you presume nothing else is?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is a gift.

All men will bow and confess that Jesus is the Christ. With this confession, all men will be in heaven, except for a few that will be thrown into outer darkness with satan and his followers from the pre-earth life.

Now that you are in heaven through the gift of grace/salvation, where will you be positioned in heaven. That is what your works will answer. If you are full of good works for the right reasons, you will be rewarded with a place next to God and Jesus.
If you are lacking good works, your reward will be far from God and Jesus. It is quite simple.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You are correct, but his sheep can abandon him.

You think sheep have the ability to make Him a liar? A true Christian would abandon that false interpretation.

1 John 2
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Philippians 1
6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Philippians 2
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

John 10
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

The sheep follow JESUS not Joseph Smith!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You think sheep have the ability to make Him a liar? A true Christian would abandon that false interpretation.

1 John 2
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Philippians 1
6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Philippians 2
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

John 10
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

The sheep follow JESUS not Joseph Smith!
Christ's sheep LOVE and obey Him by keeping the commandments:

(New Testament | John 14:15)

15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Christ's sheep LOVE and obey Him by keeping the commandments:

(New Testament | John 14:15)

15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.

His sheep are Christians; we love and obey JESUS. We follow HIM not Joseph Smith!

Mormon missionaries try to steal the sheep from Christian churches, but the sheep in those congregations won't follow strangers because they know Christ and recognize His voice.

John 10
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
His sheep are Christians; we love and obey JESUS. We follow HIM not Joseph Smith!

Mormon missionaries try to steal the sheep from Christian churches, but the sheep in those congregations won't follow strangers because they know Christ and recognize His voice.

John 10
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
As members of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, we follow the true Jesus Christ of the Bible and the Book of Mormon. His prophets have taught us the importance of keeping the commandments by LOVING God and LOVING our neighbor. By doing this we can know God and have eternal life. Those who do not keep the commandments of LOVE have NO promise.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
As members of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, we follow the true Jesus Christ of the Bible and the Book of Mormon. His prophets have taught us the importance of keeping the commandments by LOVING God and LOVING our neighbor. By doing this we can know God and have eternal life. Those who do not keep the commandments of LOVE have NO promise.

How many commandments do you keep?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
How many do you keep? People need to worry about there own salvation.

I'm not worried. Jesus already saved me. So let me rephrase the question that you won't answer:

Have you kept the laws and ordinances of your church?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I'm not worried. Jesus already saved me. So let me rephrase the question that you won't answer:

Have you kept the laws and ordinances of your church?
No one is saved until they endure to the end:

(New Testament | Matthew 24:12 - 13)

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Everyone should fear God and keep the commandments:

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

God will decide who LOVES Him and who doesn't:

(New Testament | John 14:21)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
All who haven't earned the celestial kingdom, must suffer in Mormon hell temporararily.
We are all servants of God:

(New Testament | Matthew 25:24 - 30)

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Upvote 0