timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I can counter with verses that support capitalism and free enterprise.

Most wealth is obtained by honest means.

Wealth that is originally obtained by unrighteous means in the ages past.

Is it okay to buy stolen goods?

Hard and honest work doesn't put your name in money. Render to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. I'm not asking you to give up all your money but know that it isn't yours, makes no difference if you got it through honest work.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't Scripture have something to say about that?

I use money to support myself.

The Bible says it's bad to send someone off without money. But I'm not sending people off.

I suppose keeping myself alive and healthy doesn't count as doing the Lord's bidding, I'm simply keeping alive.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't use money to do the Lord's bidding. I use entirely His supernatural provisions. It can do a lot more than the all the world's money can.

You've got a good thing going with God. He depends on me to help others by sharing the wealth He has blessed me with.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Material wealth is virtually worthless according to the Bible.

So why should Christians make a big deal out of it??

Don't believe me??

Verses for you:
It is NOT of the Father - 1 John 2:15-17
The wealth of this world is unrighteous - Luke 16:9
Things that concern the flesh is worth nothing - John 6:63

Why fuss over something only as valuable as garbage unless you love garbage (or money)?

NOTE to everyone: I'm not promoting nor condoning deliberate destruction or theft of property. But to remind everyone maybe we're making too much of a deal over nothing - as a Christian should.
If it's nothing to fuss over, why is it sin to steal and to vandalize?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You've got a good thing going with God. He depends on me to help others by sharing the wealth He has blessed me with.

It would have been good if only money did not have such a history and we can all live in abundant prosperity.

It wasn't the fate of this world.

Perhaps, in the time of restoration with the Lord as King, it's probably okay to rest and live like kings from then on.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Hard and honest work doesn't put your name in money. Render to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. I'm not asking you to give up all your money but know that it isn't yours, makes no difference if you got it through honest work.

Much of the dollars circulating today were printed to fight WW2. Prior to that the crash of 1929 and the Great Depression purged most of the "filthy lucre" out of the economy. Since then $trillions in "new" money have been introduced into the economy, also free from the stains of the past.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If it's nothing to fuss over, why is it sin to steal and to vandalize?

It is still a sin but they aren't really the biggest thieves in the show.

This is like Jesus in the adulterer in the Bible, everyone about to stone her to death, totally ignorant of their own sins.

The wealth of the world accummulated through thousands of years of violent stealing of lands and exploiting the weak and poor.

That wealth puts blood in our hands. We're all stained with innocent blood not our own.

No one's innocent in this mess so why make a fuss over it? You are probably as guilty as they are from the eyes of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why fuss over something only as valuable as garbage unless you love garbage (or money)?

Because a lot of people spent a good chunk of their life building a business to take care of their family, only to have a bunch of idiot protesters destroy it because they wanted thrills or coveted their goods.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The wealth of the world accummulated through thousands of years of violent stealing of lands and exploiting the weak and poor.

That wealth puts blood in our hands. We're all stained with innocent blood not our own.
Wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,059.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Much of the dollars circulating today were printed to fight WW2. Prior to that the crash of 1929 and the Great Depression purged most of the "filthy lucre" out of the economy. Since then $trillions in "new" money have been introduced into the economy, also free from the stains of the past.

The real wealth is the land, gold, connections / intelligence / information, power, occupied people, technology, buildings/houses.

Still very there.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The total lack of respect for the rule of law
being shown should worry all of us.
7EEE311C-C1B4-414D-8D33-3FB67FE0D046.jpeg
Yep it’s disgusting and scary that the police are breaking the law and abusing people. They slashed every car in the parking lot preventing peaceful protesters and reporters from leaving . I’ll suggest you read the entire article because the police were lying about the reason they slashed the tires

That’s a photo btw my phone won’t link you’ll have to google If you want to watch the video

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟672,364.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Don't believe me??

Verses for you:

NOTE to everyone: I'm not promoting nor condoning deliberate destruction or theft of property. But to remind everyone maybe we're making too much of a deal over nothing - as a Christian should.

I see where you're going with the OP. That looting seems less important than the message that is trying to be made. A couple of thoughts; first looting actually does a disservice to the cause. This is why you have so many prominent leaders who favor the cause condemning it. The looters and legitimate protesters inevitably get thrown into the same group, so diminish the message. Secondly looting or stealing is a sin and as Christians we really can't ignore that completely. If people turn a blind eye to the looting, it makes it seem like they agree with it. So for everyone sake, the looting should be stopped and roundly condemned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The real wealth is the land, gold, connections / intelligence / information, power, occupied people, technology, buildings/houses.

Still very there.

Their value is expressed in terms of money. If the money fails their 'assessed' value goes with it, although their utilitarian value remains.

You can't make money evil, only the evil use of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You mean like China stealing the U.S. technology,
then use there slave labors to make knock-offs,
then sell those goods to Americans dirt cheep ?

I believe slave labor today in US not legal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Don't believe me??

Verses for you:

It's not what they are looting..

Its the fact that they are looting, burning, vandalizing....

Does it support a cause? Nope.
Does it accomplish anything to stop racism? Nope.
Does it hurt other non white people and ruin their lives? Yep...

So, the action caused by a wrong... is much greater of a wrong than what triggered it.

It's insanity.

Reactions: A_JAY
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You mean like China stealing the U.S. technology,
then use there slave labors to make knock-offs,
then sell those good to Americans dirt cheep.

I believe slave labor today in US not legal.
Slave labor, in the US and Canada is illegal..

However, everyone of us buys goods that is manufactured by slave labor.

This is because Company "A" can make the product in China for $2.00 and sell it in the US for $30.00
Instead of making it in the US for $15.00 and selling it for $30.00.

It's all about greed.
They would rather make more prophet and have no manufacturing in the US.. where it would create jobs and bring in income tax.. allow people to have solid jobs and a strong economy.

Not to mention avoid abuse of laborers.

Thing is.. it's the politicians that make the laws that get rich from it as share holders. Meanwhile it is the civilian that, as a middle class, is disappearing.

If the government said that, in the example above.. to the company making the product in China.. "You cannot sell the product for more than a 100% mark up.. So, they would have to sell their product for $4.00... or.. if they sold it for $30.00 the government would take $26.00 of tax for over margin prophet penalty's.

The jobs would come back.. the tax revenue would increase. People would have a real solid standard of living.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Laws that were made by people who built a nation on the back of slaves and stolen lands.

Know your history. Time does not erase the cries of the innocents who died at the hands of greed.

Who really is the bigger thief? The Lord also accounts for the sins of our ancestors unless a restitution is paid (repentance).
Yes, there was a period of time where slaves were used.. It's been many years since that and the country was not totally built on the backs of slaves.

Also, anyone that thinks that if the British, Spaniards, French and Dutch had of just said "Oh, this land is taken" and turned around and went home... that the First Nations would still be here... is dreaming.

Look at Europe, the UK, Asia and Africa... it was quite typical for one Tribe or country or "people" to invade another people.. kill the men and rape the women.. There was no "treaty".. there was no "we want to keep a bit of land".. there was no "we were here and it is our land"... It was "we are stronger and have more people.. were taking your land unless you can hold us back".

It was not pretty... not Christian.. but it was the norm....

If the British, Dutch, Spaniards, and French had of respected the first nations and turned around to leave them alone.... Some other nation would have come and probably killed the men, raped the women and taken the land.

Upvote 0