Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just watched the latest Family Guy episode where Brain Griffin dies.

I'm not sure why they would kill him off. He's one of the only remotely interesting characters on that show. Pretty much 99% of the show's characters are either dull or annoying.

What's worse is Family Guy attempted to be dramatic with this episode. It was almost cringe worthy, lol.

It's a shame there are not any good cartoons to watch. I mainly stick to webcomics. Usually they can focus on niche topics, and can make jokes and whatnot that is probably too inappropriate for TV. I wish there was a market for these webcomics to be animated. There is some good talent out there, and it's sad to think they'll most likely stay underground.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I am not real excited about the changes on Family Guy, but I am of the opinion that the show hasn't been good for a long time and only recently began a very slow crawl back up the to the quality of the original first four seasons. We'll see.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Family Guy hasn't been good since the year 2001 in my opinion. Although that's what happens when a show is cancelled and new writers are recycled in. A shame really, the show had so much promise.

I actually don't mind the new dog, but it's not worth killing Brian over. I have a feeling Brain will come back and they'll just end up having two dogs. No law against that, lol.

Also my sister says there is a future episode in production that features Brian. In my opinion it's all just a cheap ploy to garner interest back into the show. Worked for me, I've been watching marathons of the show again, lol.

They need to bring back Francis Griffin. I love that uptight Catholic. Reminds me of myself when I was a Christian and a few other people. Using the Christianity as a social shield to say heinous things to other people.

FRANCIS GRIFFIN- You're a good woman, Lois. Perhaps you won't burn in Hell after all. Maybe you'll just go to Purgatory with all the unbaptized babies.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I need more order and goals in my life.. Lately I have just been lost and directionless.

When I first became an atheist I had so many ambitions, yet sadly it eventually dwindled into nothing.

Sigh.. I need to lift myself out of this hole..

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Family Guy hasn't been good since the year 2001 in my opinion. Although that's what happens when a show is cancelled and new writers are recycled in. A shame really, the show had so much promise.

I actually don't mind the new dog, but it's not worth killing Brian over. I have a feeling Brain will come back and they'll just end up having two dogs. No law against that, lol.

Also my sister says there is a future episode in production that features Brian. In my opinion it's all just a cheap ploy to garner interest back into the show. Worked for me, I've been watching marathons of the show again, lol.

They need to bring back Francis Griffin. I love that uptight Catholic. Reminds me of myself when I was a Christian and a few other people. Using the Christianity as a social shield to say heinous things to other people.

FRANCIS GRIFFIN- You're a good woman, Lois. Perhaps you won't burn in Hell after all. Maybe you'll just go to Purgatory with all the unbaptized babies.

I loved Francis Griffin as a character and I agree that basically after 2001 the show seems to begin its decline. Personally I really enjoy about Seasons 1-4 but then after that it seems a steady decline. I had to stop about mid way though Season 7 but I think I am going to power through the entire thing at this rate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure how I should act around trans people..

In the past I've had some ugly confrontations with a few of them. I found them infuriating and hypocritical. I hated the fact they expected me to blindly accept their gender, yet I wasn't granted the same thing for my s/m issues. (perhaps shallow, yet why should I get the raw deal? Plus I can't stand how it's acceptable to be crude with religious beliefs yet we have to act like trans issues are sacred out of "respect", even though many trans people I have met are far from respectful people..)

Yet, lately I have met trans people who are willing to return the favor and accept my liberal issues. They are also kind to religious people and overall good people. So out of respect I've kept my mouth shut about my thoughts on trans issues.

Yet, I can't help feel like I'm being a liberal tool. At the same time though, I don't want to tarnish the friendships I have with people I care about..

Sure I could still go after the mean ones, yet that tends to spill over and hurt those I care about..

Sigh I guess that I should just be an adult and be the bigger person.. Still frustrating though..

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
End of the year thoughts..

2013 was an awful year, although my personality has changed quite a bit..

-My hate for Christianity has pretty much collapsed, while my hatred for shallow LGBT liberals and feminists has shot up.

-My obsession with S/M has dramatically fallen.. Partly due to have a better understanding of S/M and not feeling guilty about it anymore. I have more confidence in it, and do not feel the need to tirelessly defend it all the time..

-My hypocrisy of focusing solely on S/M while caring little about other groups has ended, and I now try to be accepting of other liberal groups as much as possible..

-I am more easily able to feel the emotion of love.

Predictions for 2014..

-More accepting of religious people..

-A return to somewhat of an obsession with S/M, albeit with a more intelligent and well thought out platform..

-More ease at feeling romantic love. I'm already brainstorming ideas for hybrid S/M and romantic love relationships.. I've wanted romantic love ever since I was a kid, and I'd love to incorporate it in future relationships.. :)

That is all I guess.. I'm usually good at predicting where my mind will go in the next few years, although I have to admit this time it's a little more hazy..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
End of the year thoughts..

2013 was an awful year, although my personality has changed quite a bit..

-My hate for Christianity has pretty much collapsed, while my hatred for shallow LGBT liberals and feminists has shot up.

-My obsession with S/M has dramatically fallen.. Partly due to have a better understanding of S/M and not feeling guilty about it anymore. I have more confidence in it, and do not feel the need to tirelessly defend it all the time..

-My hypocrisy of focusing solely on S/M while caring little about other groups has ended, and I now try to be accepting of other liberal groups as much as possible..

-I am more easily able to feel the emotion of love.

Predictions for 2014..

-More accepting of religious people..

-A return to somewhat of an obsession with S/M, albeit with a more intelligent and well thought out platform..

-More ease at feeling romantic love. I'm already brainstorming ideas for hybrid S/M and romantic love relationships.. I've wanted romantic love ever since I was a kid, and I'd love to incorporate it in future relationships.. :)

That is all I guess.. I'm usually good at predicting where my mind will go in the next few years, although I have to admit this time it's a little more hazy..
Too much champagne? :D

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
For some reason I have been really happy and cheerful. I have no reason to be, yet I am..
Good for you :thumbsup:

Always take advantage of those moments, and hope it last awhile.....

aFu_ImNotCrazy.gif

Upvote 0