Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Awitch, do you have much Linux experience or do you have an all-Windows environment?

Mostly Windows, some Mac (which is really just a Unix distro called Darwin), a little ESX, andy I've played around with Ubuntu Linux a lot...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Mostly Windows, some Mac (which is really just a Unix distro called Darwin), a little ESX, andy I've played around with Ubuntu Linux a lot...

Cool.

I do some Linux at work but a ton in my spare time. I'm building an email server that is entirely encrypted. That is, the volumes and maildirs and all messages are forced to be sent over TLS with PGP signatures. Ports for insecure protocols are blocked by the firewall.

It's purely a proof of concept as email is inherently insecure and just a bad set of hacks but I thought you might get a kick out of it.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Cool.

I do some Linux at work but a ton in my spare time. I'm building an email server that is entirely encrypted. That is, the volumes and maildirs and all messages are forced to be sent over TLS with PGP signatures. Ports for insecure protocols are blocked by the firewall.

It's purely a proof of concept as email is inherently insecure and just a bad set of hacks but I thought you might get a kick out of it.

Fun stuff!
I'm an Exchange guy, myself. Started with 5.5 and now support 2010. All the pieces are there to do it with Exchange 2010 on Server 2008 R2. I have to know all the theory but I don't have any toys to actually try it out.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if I should recruit a few s/m people to post on CF Singles.. I'm sick and tired of being the only one who is into those types of relationships. I'm sick of always feeling awkward giving my thoughts on various relationship topics..

I really am ashamed of myself.. I'm starting to crack.. some people think I have no shame, trust me.. I have plenty of it.. I just talk about s/m anyways despite it.

I am pretty much a beaten man. Depression has the best of me, and I don't have the same spirit I had when I was a teenager..

Perhaps it will come back, in the meantime I feel myself slowly going back into the closet.

Upvote 0

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Fun stuff!
I'm an Exchange guy, myself. Started with 5.5 and now support 2010. All the pieces are there to do it with Exchange 2010 on Server 2008 R2. I have to know all the theory but I don't have any toys to actually try it out.

Exchange 2010 with Server 2008 R2 is our configuration as well, not only do we not have the tools but completely lack the interest. Right now our IT staff is getting dragged along by bad policy.

Personally, I've always been an open source guy but definitely with developing in ASP.net I am starting to understand its appeal to business folks. Though I'm pretty under the average pay wise for what I do...

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow, the Xbox One looks like crap. I'm not sure if I'm going to get a console or not, but if I do I'm pretty much forced to pick the PS4. It's even 100 dollars cheaper than the Xbox One. Or I could lol, get the Wii U. Yeah, no lol..

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since I'm too ashamed to no longer talk about s/m properly on CF Singles anymore I think I should leave that sub-forum. The people are nice an accepting to me (the ones who were not made their own forum and told me I wasn't allowed to join, lol) but if I can't talk about s/m then I can't express how I feel about relationships, religion, art and politics.

This really is a blow for me. Instead I'll be that guy who has nothing to say and only say things I think other people want to hear. I think I should go back to being reserved. It wasn't until three years ago that I decided to open up about myself.

I also feel like I'm much more creative when I'm trapped within my own thoughts and not receiving any input from others.

I'm not blaming anyone for this, but it does suck.. Oh well, it is what it is..

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
watch

This is better than half of what Hollywood churns out, and it's only fifteen minutes long. Take a break from what you are doing and enjoy. :)

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A woman on tumblr says something sexist about men. A man responds with a reasonable response, hoping to have a real discussion with this woman..

The woman responds with this..

tumblr_inline_mok6i9TEgS1qz4rgp.gif

Welcome to tumblr..

Where faux liberals and faux social activists won't engage in a rational discussion with you, but instead just post obnoxious internet gifs and abuse cuss words.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Welcome to tumblr..

Where faux liberals and faux social activists won't engage in a rational discussion with you, but instead just post obnoxious internet gifs and abuse cuss words.

(For anyone not born in the Stone Age, here's the context.)

Folgers Coffee commercial with "the switch" - YouTube

Don't worry. It's all one big Folger's commercial prank played on us by space aliens.

"We've secretly replaced humanity with Folger's (tm) humanity. Can these people tell the difference..."

eudaimonia,

Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think I am as fickle and cold hearted about myself as I am with others..

I sometimes wonder if self awareness is a social construct. I sometimes wonder if being self centered is a social construct.. are there new ways of being that society has effectively shut out? What does it mean to be human?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think I need to cut back on the energy drinks. I always feel tired throughout the day, and it's getting worse and worse. Fatigue is a part of getting older, but lately it's been getting ridiculous. Although part of me worries there is something seriously physically wrong with me..

For right now, I'll see if a reduction in caffeine helps..

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I sometimes wonder if self awareness is a social construct. I sometimes wonder if being self centered is a social construct.. are there new ways of being that society has effectively shut out? What does it mean to be human?

I think that you may be right that self-awareness is, at least to some extent, something that we develop due to our contact with society. No doubt one's culture influences how one sees oneself, and perhaps even that one sees oneself.

As for self-centeredness, that could be in part due to natural temperament.

What does it mean to be human? It means being influenced by society for one thing. :)

It also means being an influence on yourself. I don't think that we are simply programmed by society. It's a bit more like MST3000, where we can be critical of the ideas that we absorb, and we can generate ideas of our own.

I think I need to cut back on the energy drinks. I always feel tired throughout the day, and it's getting worse and worse. Fatigue is a part of getting older, but lately it's been getting ridiculous. Although part of me worries there is something seriously physically wrong with me..

For right now, I'll see if a reduction in caffeine helps..

Energy drinks are evil. Seriously, don't drink those. They have far too much caffeine in them, and your brain gets used to caffeine over time, making your high caffeine consumption almost worthless. Of course you are going to feel tired all day.

It's best to keep your consumption moderate in dark months, and you may want to give caffeine up entirely in bright months. Though, I should talk, because my coffee consumption went up far too much in the past month because of the longer Swedish nights. (Away with you, demons of coffee!) But I am already taking steps to reduce my intake.

Be careful, because caffeine withdrawal can be a problem.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Play Europa Universalis IV multiplayer a ton (need gordRedeemed to join me!).

Learning that just because the house of Lancaster faired well historically in the war of the roses, that in my game that isn't always the case. :p

Mah York.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think that you may be right that self-awareness is, at least to some extent, something that we develop due to our contact with society. No doubt one's culture influences how one sees oneself, and perhaps even that one sees oneself.

As for self-centeredness, that could be in part due to natural temperament.

What does it mean to be human? It means being influenced by society for one thing. :)

It also means being an influence on yourself. I don't think that we are simply programmed by society. It's a bit more like MST3000, where we can be critical of the ideas that we absorb, and we can generate ideas of our own.

Energy drinks are evil. Seriously, don't drink those. They have far too much caffeine in them, and your brain gets used to caffeine over time, making your high caffeine consumption almost worthless. Of course you are going to feel tired all day.

It's best to keep your consumption moderate in dark months, and you may want to give caffeine up entirely in bright months. Though, I should talk, because my coffee consumption went up far too much in the past month because of the longer Swedish nights. (Away with you, demons of coffee!) But I am already taking steps to reduce my intake.

Be careful, because caffeine withdrawal can be a problem.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Yeah, sometimes I wonder and obsess over what the mind is capable of. One of the big reasons I am into S/M and fetishism in general. In that scene, I see people exploring new regions of expression. To me, fetishism is the future. Some people see it as nonsense, but I think that stuff is a goldmine.

When I was young, I always dreamed about raising people in homemade towns. And subjecting each group to different things, and trying to create entire new ways of experiencing and perceiving things. Seeing how flexible the mind is, seeing what it is capable of. :)

Yeah, energy drinks are awful. Although they have tamed down the amount of caffeine in the past year. Last year I could buy drinks that had 320 mg of caffeine, but now the best I can muter is a drink that has 260 mg, if I'm lucky. For the best I guess, lol..

Yeah, caffeine withdrawal is bad. My plan is to wean myself off it. Hopefully some of my energy will come back, I miss it.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
To me, fetishism is the future. Some people see it as nonsense, but I think that stuff is a goldmine.

I personally doubt that it will ever go mainstream, but I can see it gaining greater acceptance and respect as an alternative form of sexual expression, just like alternative music exists alongside pop music, satisfying different tastes and both being accepted as "music".

Yeah, caffeine withdrawal is bad. My plan is to wean myself off it. Hopefully some of my energy will come back, I miss it.

Good luck with that! :)

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0