✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Welp, my job got eliminated yesterday. o_O

But I did get to make a lateral move in the company as a software dev. Good thing I have decent coding experience or I'd be hosed. Sad to see our Security Consulting practice go, though.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm starting to get into Star Trek TNG. Started off dull and chessy for me, but it's slowly growing on me.

The show did start off dull and cheesy. The first two seasons are horrible overall. (Notable exception in season 2: "The Measure of a Man".) The show gets consistently good during seasons 3 and 4, and then the quality slowly drops.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why does not one bring up the subject of vanilla privilege? Vanilla people are already accepted in society because they are the norm. Yet an adult baby couple will be denied entry into a restaurant just because he's wearing a diaper out in public and his care taker rubs his belly on occasion and feeds him his bottle. I can't stand this injustice. Vanilla people really need to be checkin their vanilla privileges.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
We released a bad patch of our production software today. However I am always reminded life can be worse.

From frontpage of /r/sysadmin today:

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that backups are three weeks old, there's a chinese version of winrar, hundreds of weird .exes and 100% network utilization on our small business 2003 server. We have officially joined the glorious chinese peoples botnet! I'm currently making a ubuntu usb disk so I can boot in and get our databases as the server won't even boot as there's some corrupt mumbo in system32.

Did I mention we trust our users to run our backup-script manually and that was three weeks ago? My temporary solution is to get our application to run from one of the client computers until we can get the server up again. And oh, our clients run Vista.
How's your day going?

Mother of God...

trusting users

NOPE.JPG

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Same sex marriage is now official in NJ. I know of several witches who live here, and we have a judge who is a Muslim. As of this time, NJ has not been destroyed by god, nor have we adopted Sharia Law.

Actually, it's been uncharacteristically warm and sunny for this time of year.

Oops, also forgot to mention that the awesome Corey Booker was elected to the Senate, easily blowing away the crazy, right-wing Steve Lonegan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Are you in the "must install every new patch the moment it is released" or the "never, ever install any patches unless there is a specific reason to do so" camp?

I lean towards the former but I am not rigidly so. I am software developer now so I like my patches vetted and stable first, usually a buffer of a week to a month is usually okay for me but completely unpatched systems make me cry.

Same sex marriage is now official in NJ. I know of several witches who live here, and we have a judge who is a Muslim. As of this time, NJ has not been destroyed by god, nor have we adopted Sharia Law.

Actually, it's been uncharacteristically warm and sunny for this time of year.

Oops, also forgot to mention that the awesome Corey Booker was elected to the Senate, easily blowing away the crazy, right-wing Steve Lonegan.

But....but...NJ...evil! Witches n Muslims! etc. :p

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An adult baby street gang shot up a furry convention last week. What is this world coming too?

Funnily enough there was this annoying trans person who expected me to respect her pronouns yet wouldn't respect my liberal issues, and was a totally hypocrite in every regard, would say things like "love is love", lol. Anyways I stopped using her proper pronouns and insulted her a little bit. Like the baby she is she started throwing a fit.

It's like, girl.. I don't even think you're a man. I was willing to pretend to think she was a man, but then she started trashing over all my liberal issues so enough was enough. Anyways she started trying to get everyone to hate me on facebook. And one guy was like, lol..

I know of this LGBT group.. they're sort of a gang.. give me the word and I can see if they'll pay this MehGuy a "visit". Oh my word.. if a group of faux liberals tried to beat me up.. lol.. I can't even imagine.. Sorry if I don't respect LGBT issues over other liberal issues. If you act like a jerk then you're not getting any respect from me. I don't care how socially unacceptable it is..

Since then, I've fought a many trans people. They try to kink shame me.. but it never works, lol.

They're used to fighting more of the conservative Christian type. So typically they tend to try to insult a God I don't even believe and to call me closed minded. I bring up some liberal issues, and they say "ew, that's gross keep them closeted", and I go right back to not respecting their pronouns, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It gets tiring fighting with faux liberal vermin and people for faux social justice on tumblr, yet the fight needs to continue on. The encouragement I get from various people makes it worth it.

For most of my life I was dismissed, and it's finally nice to hear from others that I have changed their thinking and actually made a difference in their lives. I feel like I'm slowly finding my niche in life. :)

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
watch

Upvote 0