Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've found this sub-forum a little boring lately as well. Haven't really posted in the last few weeks. I think my views on spirituality are just too disturbing, and if I do post my thoughts it's usually heavily edited down and just the surface level, which can get quite repetitive. Don't get me wrong though, people are nice here. I don't have any hard feelings, I just don't feel like I really jive well here.

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Yeah it's getting harder to frame my beliefs here and there's not really a big enough audience to receive them, though I'm always excited when the heavy hitting contributors pop in (Jane, ViaCrucis, Silmarien, you guys etc) but frankly these days I guess I just don't care as much about the questions that traditional theisms grapple with and try to answer.

Maybe after all these years I feel like I don't have anything left to say and I'm not sure I'd be allowed to say it in the forums if I did.

I found another non-religious themed forum that I've been more active in recently.

Forums are good I'm glad you've found one! I'm always on the lookout.

I've been in some subreddits but especially Discord servers lately because I like the fast paced chat format but there's a lot of garbage ones out there too. I've been promoted to admin rank on one server so I've been especially committed to that platform lately.

And I've been reading a lot of books. Like, way more than I ever have.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Forums are good I'm glad you've found one! I'm always on the lookout.

Yeah, so I signed up with the furries. I'm officially a furry now.
The picking on non-Christians here is really nothing compared to the nonsense furries have to deal with. It's all trolling, but it's at an over the top level.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, so I signed up with the furries. I'm officially a furry now.
The picking on non-Christians here is really nothing compared to the nonsense furries have to deal with. It's all trolling, but it's at an over the top level.

Oh man furries can be good folks but boy do they get terrorized by outsiders. Sounds nice though!

We've been kind of having our own slow death over here, thier either one intresting thread or its dead.

Yeah it's all just boring to me, tbh. I don't need another Christian vs. Muslim thread, I'm bored of Atheism vs. Theism. This stuff doesn't convince anyone it's just the same things over and over.

Upvote 0

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
My philosophy these days fits the meme~

Me: Can I get uhhhh one theism or external meaning for life?
Universe: Theism machine broke
Me: Understandable, thank you

upload_2019-1-16_22-23-20.jpeg

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Been playing the remake of Resident Evil 2, and have been highly enjoying it thus far. Generally find the game creepy and scary, something I don't think films can really do for me. Something much different when you are in control instead of watching some actor.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Cool.. still have some time before I beat that game. I do appreciate that they seemed to add a lot of content. Only thing I wish was that there were less invisible walls and it was more of an open world game.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think that even in heaven there's going to be arguments and disunion. One of the main caps appears to be the actual person. I'm certain that human biology gets in the way of the esoteric. Even some atheist come close to some kind of esotericism, obviously focused on the person rather than the divine.

1562890638986.png

Upvote 0

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I think we're here to talk about religion but we can't talk about our own and we can't disagree with the host religion. Not much left to talk about.

Winner, winner. I've been running in (mostly on Discord and Reddit) with atheists, polytheists, occultists, native shamans; folks interested in transhumanism, satanism, deep ecology, nature worship etc. and in the last year or so. I feel my religious mind has expanded quite a bit and I'm ready to move on because literally none of the topics that interest me can really be discussed without being close enough to the rules that being a non-Christian, I am always at risk of violating categorically.

Plus my priorities have changed in a way where nothing here really covers my interests; sometimes I just want to play video games, look up furry art and run in the cosplay community, explore more mature forms of paganism and play table top games. Literally all things that have been demonized by Christians in one form or another!

In terms of politics; well, that kind of speaks for itself. Let's just say if I want more of CF-style politics I'll just hang on the boomerposting closed Facebook groups more LOL.

I think I'll always have at least an academic historical interest in the Abrahamic religions since they influenced the world so much. In fact for the first time ever I have an interest in Biblical times and places; but mostly from an Egyptian and Canaanite perspective. How little I've known about Canaanite and Babylonian religion in particular, there's a ton of ground to cover.

At any rate, you regulars are good folks. Keep on keeping on. I'm not leaving forever or anything, just having an epiphany at how long I've spent here and how I've outgrown it in many ways.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have transcended Earthly reality. I still have to pay my rent, though.

Facebook and Quora make this place unnecessary for me. That, and the way this place seems like a wasteland.

I hope that you are all flourishing, or doing at least reasonably well.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Facebook and Quora make this place unnecessary for me. That, and the way this place seems like a wasteland.

eudaimonia,

Mark

I've joined the furry fandom and spend more time at forums.furaffinity.net now. It's not particularly busy there either, but the people are really nice.

Reactions: Eudaimonist
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

eudaimonia,

Mark
Nice to see you again. Missed your posts.

Upvote 0

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married

eudaimonia,

Mark

Nice to see you again!

It's kind of interesting to see where most of you guys are spending your time now; it looks like a pretty even distribution of platforms.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, so if you haven't seen The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance on Netflix yet, you should go do that. It's a 10 hour miniseries that's a prequel to the 1982 movie, and it's absolutely amazing.

But don't blame me for your nightmares because while it's by Jim Henson's production company, this ain't The Muppet Show.

Upvote 0