United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Classic.

Well I deployed the first phase of it today. Basically I build a VM with a SQL Server and the management console, that VM manages everything. Then I give it rights to access vCenter and bring ESXi hosts into maintenance mode, install the drivers, reboot the host and the migrate the VMs back. On each ESXi host a virtual appliance is created for monitoring and the VA's report back to the management server.

As far as I can tell, its pretty slick and wasn't that painful of a setup. I just decided to stagger it in dev/test environments. If it works, I'll do the production cluster.

Sounds fun. I miss the project work, but being on the help desk these days I babysit servers and help out end users. zzzzz

My employer invested a huge amount of money on a virtual cluster so we could P2V clients' servers in a super redundant data center. Virtualization and redundancy have been huge in NJ since hurricane Sandy.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Sounds fun. I miss the project work, but being on the help desk these days I babysit servers and help out end users. zzzzz

My employer invested a huge amount of money on a virtual cluster so we could P2V clients' servers in a super redundant data center. Virtualization and redundancy have been huge in NJ since hurricane Sandy.

Project work is much better than end-user but I've been getting suckered into it because we've had some serious staffing collapses and a restructure on the way. My hopes are dashed...

Hurricane Sandy is a great business case for virtualization especially in sensitive climate zones. It's a generally more efficient use of resources too. No more 100s of idle PCs sucking power. Now we have low-power thin clients and major processing is managed centrally so no CPU cycles are getting wasted. I love me some efficiency.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Thinking of changing my faith icon to better reflect my perspective. I will always be influenced by Pagan beliefs but I don't think I really can describe myself as an active pagan anymore.

Well, now we have to kill you. No wait, that's not right.
You were never really a Pagan to begin with? Nope, that's not it either.

Good travels on your path and wherever it takes you, it surely leads to the other side. You know where to find us if you decide to come back, even if it is just for a visit.

Isn't it nice to be able to walk away without condemnation, judgement, or bitterness?

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Well, now we have to kill you. No wait, that's not right.
You were never really a Pagan to begin with? Nope, that's not it either.

Good travels on your path and wherever it takes you, it surely leads to the other side. You know where to find us if you decide to come back, even if it is just for a visit.

Isn't it nice to be able to walk away without condemnation, judgement, or bitterness?

Yes it is a great feeling, really. I'll always feel a connection to paganism and my pagan brethren. If I had one truly sincere feeling about all of my experience within paganism I'd say it really does amount to the feeling of "coming home". Though we may drift and maybe we'll never come back but, we are always welcome home.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm currently pretending to be a feminist on tumblr, and posting stupid things. Funnily enough, other feminists are buying it and re-blogging and following me.

I don't think they looked at my blog very carefully. Considering I have gifs of men slapping women, and comics making fun of tumblr feminists, lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm currently pretending to be a feminist on tumblr, and posting stupid things. Funnily enough, other feminists are buying it and re-blogging and following me.

I don't think they looked at my blog very carefully. Considering I have gifs of men slapping women, and comics making fun of tumblr feminists, lol.

That's an odd hobby you have there.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You must be so proud.

Yeah I am. I hope to be making a living from this someday..

Really though, some of the things people will believe. I'm posting fake things I claim have been written in highschool textbooks that are offensive to women and some of the things i say are so outrageous, yet they seem to believe me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I interrupt this thread to bring you a very important rant about Microsoft certifications:
(ahem)

I have to practically memorize 850 pages for one exam that is only part of a certification? These exams cover way too much material and ask you stupid questions that are so specific and not even related to the exam subject! The exam is about 2008 Network Infrastructure and they ask me what port does secure POP3 use? Who cares!? Three people in the world use secure POP3. I didn't know that even existed and I've worked with Exchange 5.5 through 2010. 2008 doesn't even have real native email functionality unless you get small business edition which comes with Exchange,

And why would you use 2008 as a router? I understand it has that capability, but just buy a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]' dedicated router. If you're using 2008 as a router then you're stupid and I probably don't want to work for your stupid company anyway. You know what I'd do? I'd rip the server out and put in something like a Sonicwall or Cisco ASA. Too expensive? Staples sells a Netgear for $50.

My address space is 3f04:4d12:95a9:a000::/52. If I have 4 subnets, what's the address and network prefix that gets assigned to the third subnet? I think the answer is to go beep yourself, but that's not one of the 10 choices you have to pick from.

I can't believe I have to pay $150 each time you take the exam until you pass it.

I now return you to the thread.

Oh and the answer is 3f04:4d12:95a5:a800::/54 by the way.

Upvote 0