Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To be honest, I didn't expect a reply like that regarding my post.. lol.

Although wow, can't believe it's been over a year now since I marathoned that show while I was sick. Just recently marathoned the newest season of the Walking Dead on Netflix a month or so ago.. even then.. seems like being sick has colored how I view the show now.. lol.

Not that it really matters, the show is pretty cheesy and every season it is becoming more and more junk TV. Lol.

• Useful
Reactions: FredVB
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a lot going on in my mind, things can trigger it. Especially memories of shows I liked. This thread really having discussion on old shows helped with that. Themes are especially triggered and remembered.

I never "marathoned" a show. But I did record episodes of shows to see again. Do you remember the show called Roswell? I especially liked the show, and would have liked it going on further than it did. It had many compelling themes that drew me in. I was though a bit disappointed with its last episode, it seemed it was set up for much more. But it had great theme music for that show using a Dido song, that I was really liking too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recorded episodes back then of Roswell with many back to back, but missed doing that with the earliest episodes. In a sense these could be watched as a marathon. They were recorded then in a way as a marathon, though not from it shown that way, and I haven't watched through them together as a marathon either. I recorded several other shows' episodes but for most it was to view them later as I was watching other things then, and few of other episodic shows were for keeping. More documentaries were being recorded with my desire to keep. I also went through a period of liking some of talk shows, recording even a number of episodes of them. And I kept recordings of movies.

Yet I don't watch so much now like then.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Gross, Comcast is injecting javascript ads into plaintext HTTP web requests trying to sell me a modem that I don't want because I own one and don't fall for their rental scam.

Ya know, if randos did this they'd be considered hackers and tried/jailed under the CFAA but Comcast gets a free pass because who is going to stop them? Especially in this administration.

Rant over! For now~

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gross, Comcast is injecting javascript ads into plaintext HTTP web requests trying to sell me a modem that I don't want because I own one and don't fall for their rental scam.

Ya know, if randos did this they'd be considered hackers and tried/jailed under the CFAA but Comcast gets a free pass because who is going to stop them? Especially in this administration.

Rant over! For now~

What does this computer speak mean towards normal people? That they have ads that can bypass ad filters? Lol.

Upvote 0

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
What does this computer speak mean towards normal people? That they have ads that can bypass ad filters? Lol.

It means that when you're navigating to a page that is not encrypted (as in, not HTTPS, most visibly noted by the lack of padlock in your address bar of your browser) they're spying on the traffic and then they have software that is adding in their own ads and modals (in-page pop ups) onto whatever site you're going to.

So they're actually altering YOUR traffic to show you an ad, this is not an ad hosted on the page you're going to so its not the content provider getting paid for hosting ads to you but Comcast deliberately manipulating your internet traffic to show you a specific Comcast promotion. It's pretty scummy. They don't do it on every web request but the number is about 10-15% of pages.

It's also noteworthy that encrypted (https) connections won't see these ads because Comcast can't easily decrypt your connections with software so they can't add their own stuff and expect it to work. Yet another simple reason why encryption matters!

Let me know if you have specific questions @MehGuy and I can go into more detail or explain.

• Informative
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Rant over! For now~

They upped my bill to over $100/month. For nothing but Internet and the original broadcast TV channels! I'm trying to switch to FiOS but if it takes 3 calls to their sales department just to see if it's available, I'm terrified what their tech support will be like.

• Agree
Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
They upped my bill to over $100/month. For nothing but Internet and the original broadcast TV channels! I'm trying to switch to FiOS but if it takes 3 calls to their sales department just to see if it's available, I'm terrified what their tech support will be like.

FiOS is nice but at the end of the day you still have Verizon as your provider or as I like to call them, "wireless Comcast". Interestingly enough in central Illinois there's like three or so fiber providers and as soon as I'm in range I'm switching to get out of this ridiculous monopoly.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Been dealing with numerous mental health issues lately. My anxiety has spied, and I'm deathly afraid that it will blossom into the horrors it was about 3-4 years ago. Also I have been feeling quite numb.

One interesting thing to note is how quickly my opinions on things has vanished... feeling numb.. many political and philosophical thoughts I once had are now largely wiped out.. I miss thinking and building upon my thoughts...

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Been dealing with numerous mental health issues lately. My anxiety has spied, and I'm deathly afraid that it will blossom into the horrors it was about 3-4 years ago. Also I have been feeling quite numb.

I'm sorry to hear that, and you have my best wishes that the situation will improve.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married

One interesting thing to note is how quickly my opinions on things has vanished... feeling numb.. many political and philosophical thoughts I once had are now largely wiped out.. I miss thinking and building upon my thoughts...

Sorry to hear this MehGuy, I hope it all works out.

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't mind me...I'm just testing media because I noticed some previous posts were just displaying a red X.

Test JPG:
220px-Birds_of_Sweden_2016_52.jpg

Test Youtube:

Test Animated GIF:
tenor.gif

Image from media bank:
215393_4b0aa3baaf9bc3821425aa2e05b19ba0.JPG

Upvote 0

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
My discord server is building a communal Spotify playlist of anime openings and endings, man I have am having nostalgia for some shows I watched in the 2000s. Oh and Japan's licensing of anime music sucks, I can't get a ton of stuff that I've watched in the last couple of years. :(

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My discord server is building a communal Spotify playlist of anime openings and endings, man I have am having nostalgia for some shows I watched in the 2000s. Oh and Japan's licensing of anime music sucks, I can't get a ton of stuff that I've watched in the last couple of years. :(

That list isn't complete with the Tenchi Muyo! Universe opening and closing.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Thought I might periodically post updates about my mental health. Wow, July 25th.. exactly two months later and I didn't even plan this post.

Anxiety has been greatly reduced, due to my aggressive self therapy. I do have control of this, it's not a mental problem that I am unable to take steps to address. Something I need to remind myself more frequently and be thankful for.

As far as feeling numb, I still am regarding empathetic connections but I have been feeling more empathy-less happiness and contentment. I have been trying to kick start some emotional empathy but it's been hard and painful. Although I've been much more social lately, not sure where this confidence is coming from other than a side effect of caring less about everything. Sometimes bad mental health states can lead to somewhat good mental health benefits.

Still.. I am a little annoyed with people wanting to hang out with me. I've try to control myself but it angers me when someone wants my phone number.

I've also been trying to be a nicer person, starting fights and whatnot makes me feeling a little better and able to register some empathy in the short term but at the end of the day it doesn't make me feel good and ends nowhere.

A little surprised about the direction I turned.. almost feels like some force is guiding me of course I know that isn't true.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe after all these years I feel like I don't have anything left to say and I'm not sure I'd be allowed to say it in the forums if I did.

I found another non-religious themed forum that I've been more active in recently.

Upvote 0