The "Free Will" Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Strange you should mention that... No.
:):) I found it strange that you don't replace the "inconvenient truth" with "convenient half-truths" as others do, ie, you must of had some kind of Lutheran background? I was in error again. Thank you anyway. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
C

crimsonleaf

:):) I found it strange that you don't replace the "inconvenient truth" with "convenient half-truths" as others do, ie, you must of had some kind of Lutheran background? I was in error again. Thank you anyway. :thumbsup:
A pleasure. 23 years an Anglican, 11 years an atheist and now Reformed Baptist, hopefully ongoing.

On your main point though, I've not seen any fudging from anyone claiming to be both reformed AND Baptist on this or any other thread. Food for thought perhaps.

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
A pleasure. 23 years an Anglican, 11 years an atheist and now Reformed Baptist, hopefully ongoing.

On your main point though, I've not seen any fudging from anyone claiming to be both reformed AND Baptist on this or any other thread. Food for thought perhaps.

:):) I could be in error again, but until one realizes that no one has the power to apply oneself to the things that make for salvation, ie, all happens by necessity (dealing with salvation), eg, Rom.8:29, resulting in all having an "enslaved-will" ergo "grace" is irresistable (cannot be rejected), however does have it's limits, there sure has been a fudge like taste from your camp. :thumbsup: Great thread, I have enjoyed. :amen:

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
:):) I could be in error again, but until one realizes that no one has the power to apply oneself to the things that make for salvation, ie, all happens by necessity (dealing with salvation), eg, Rom.8:29, resulting in all having an "enslaved-will" ergo "grace" is irresistable (cannot be rejected), however does have it's limits, there sure has been a fudge like taste from your camp. :thumbsup: Great thread, I have enjoyed. :amen:

Huh? :confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

:):) Interjections are always good, great! Have to run others to their doctor appointments and meds., but will be back. :D While I'm away, I would like you to be aligning your will with God's will, or maybe I should be free to do this? :confused:

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
:):) Interjections are always good, great! Have to run others to their doctor appointments and meds., but will be back. :D While I'm away, I would like you to be aligning your will with God's will, or maybe I should be free to do this? :confused:

I'm sorry, but your posts make no sense. It seems that you are flaming the reformed folk. Maybe you should try being a bit less cryptic.

Upvote 0

Brother Chris

Jan 12, 2011
✟8,852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have shown you verses that says the righteous can turn to wickedness and die and you refused to believe it.

you keep quoting Ezekial which has nothing to do with the new covenant. That proves nothing. Tell us, are you going to turn from righteousness to wickedness in the future? If you say "no", how are you so sure?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.