Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who are the four horsemen of the apocalypse? There has been much debate over who these horsemen are and the symbolism . First of all, every symbol in the bible can be explained somewhere else in the scripture. Scripture interprets scripture. With rich bible study , prayer and especially our greatest helper, the Holy Spirit, scripture can be understood. However there are difficult passages that can be interpreted by people in different ways because the answer is not readily found in scripture. I believe this can be said about the 4 horsemen.

For years, I have believed that the seals of Revelation chapter 6 have not been opened yet along with the 4 horsemen However, with much study , I have discovered that this may not be the case. Please let me explain my thoughts.

I believe that the horsemen symbolize spiritual forces that have been on the earth since the beginning of the church. If we go back to Revelation 5, we find out that Jesus is the only one worthy to open and loose the seals. The question remains, when did this happen or is it yet future? For further study, one can look at the book of Zechariah and read about the spirit -realm horses.zech 6:1-5 . and we can see how these horses compare with the ones in Revelation.

Let's start with the white horse. Please read rev 6:1-2. Many end time models identify the white horse as the Antichrist. The Bible never says this. We are told in zech 6:1 that the horses are spirit realm beings. The Antichrist also is never in heaven. Therefore, coming to earth from heaven contradicts scripture. To me, the rider of the white horse is the most difficult to identify out of the four. I believe that the white horse stands for religious deception.

The last three horses , red- war; black- famine; pale- death. Most commutators do not dispute these meanings, only there timings on the last 3 horses.

We can find an interesting comparison to Matt 24:4-7 to Revelation 6:1-8. We find that Jesus mentions false Christ's , wars, famine and pestilence in Matt 24 that compare to the first 4 seals or horseman.

In conclusion, I believe that one can still believe in a pretribulation rapture while also adhering to the belief that the first 4 seals have been broken and are in process until the rapture takes place. More to follow, thoughts welcome....

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
The first horseman appeared in 312 AD when the sign of the Son of Man appeared in the clouds, and Jesus came into power through St. Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow.

The 2nd horseman was Roman Catholic kings who conquered with a great sword and took peace from the earth during the Crusades.

The 3rd horseman was the British Empire, which conquered with economics. Great Britain was founded by King James who rode a black horse

The 4th horseman to rule the earth for Jesus is the US which was founded by George Washington who rode a pale horse. Our weapons bring hell and death.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
What must happen in Rev. 6 before the sign of the Son of man can happen?

Is there a white horse time? -- yes
Is there first also a red horse time? -- yes
And there must first also be the scenes of the black horse and rider.
Why?
Because -
the stars fall from heaven before there can even be the sign of the Son
of man

Jesus told His disciples-
"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven..."
But first will come the events of Matthew 24:29
then

Matthew 24:30
then
Matthew 24:31

The sign is in heaven, not in the midst of heaven/like where birds fly.

Matthew 26:64
The appearance of the sign of the Son of Man and the first Christian conqueror followed the great tribulation experienced by the early Church at the hands of pagan Rome, the 6th head of the 7-headed Satanic beast. That day is known as the turning point of history because ever since the appearance of the sign of the Son of Man, Christian nations have been the dominant force on earth. Verse 31 was also fulfilled. St. Constantine sent his messengers with a trumpet and gathered the elect of all the Church together, to Nicea.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
How do you have the great tribulation started before the 1st seal when the end
of trib signs don't come till the 6th seal?
There is more than one great tribulation. Much of the Revelation is about the great tribulation of WW II. For example, close to 200 million horses (under the hood) were released on D-Day against Hitler the antichrist and the third of the earth aligned with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
The Bible, both OT and NT refer to a time such as was not - not since the beginning
of the the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. Matthew 24:21

The stars can only fall, and then later the sign of the Son of man is seen
in heaven,
after the time of such as never was or will be again.
Daniel 12:1 ///such as never was since there was a nation
Jeremiah 30:6-7...Jeremiah 30:8-9....Jeremiah 28:14
The sign of the Son of Man appeared in 312 AD, and was accompanied by falling stars. And Jesus has been ruling the earth ever since, through the four horsemen.

Upvote 0