USA
✟477,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, I believe you responded by talking about God's law. My post talked about the law of Moses, which I believe you say is different from the law of God? :heart:

Leviticus 26
These are the statutes, ordinances, and laws, which the Lord made between him and the children of Israel in Mount Sinai by Moses.
You asked about the sacrificial system again, which as shown is in the law of ordinances Col 2:14-17 that has ended Hebrews 10:1-10 since Jesus became our Sacrificial Lamb for the forgiveness of sins when we repent and turn from sin. The law of sacrifices is different than the Ten Commandments as we have discussed numerous times.

These are the same questions we have discussed a few times, so probably does not make sense to continue down this path again, but I wish you well.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You asked about the sacrificial system again, which as shown is in the law of ordinances Col 2:14-17 that has ended Hebrews 10:1-10 since Jesus became our Sacrificial Lamb for the forgiveness of sins when we repent and turn from sin. The law of sacrifices is different than the Ten Commandments as we have discussed numerous times.

These are the same questions we have discussed a few times, so probably does not make sense to continue down this path again, but I wish you well.
If you don't want to discuss it anymore, that's fine :heart:

I'll just clarify what I was saying for the benefit of other people are reading this.

We both believe that the sacrificial system has ended. We can break the laws regarding animal sacrifices and not be sinning.

So "breaking the law is sin" isn't true all the time.

We could change it to "breaking some of the laws is sin", that could work.

But... the standard things that people talk about as still being around today, the ten commandments, cleanliness laws, and tithing laws, don't hold up. At least not in a strict, to-the-letter way.

Like, here's what I'm talking about: every third year when you tithe,
You shall say before the Lord your God, “I have put away the holy things out of my house, and also have given them to the Levite..."
Deuteronomy 26

Now when people say to just follow the principles in the law, I'm cool with that :cool:

Ecclesiastes 12
Fear God and keep his commandments, that's the whole duty of humans.

It's just how we go about keeping them that matters :)

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My argument is not saying that we're free to sin. (I've made that clear to you countless times over the years) You continue to ignore or misrepresent my posts.

You claim to keep God's law, but you're breaking it by being a false witness against me. Did I say we can worship other Gods, steal, kill. etc?

The Sabbath is an exclusive covenant with the Children of Israel. It was not given at creation for the humanity to keep (no proof). Gentiles under the New Covenant are not commanded to keep Sabbath because it was a sign of the Old Covenant.

Scriptures proves that Jesus came under the law and had to teach and keep it. The question is what His death means for the world. Jesus appeared to Paul and sent him to teach Gentiles all the doctrines of Christianity.
You're not teaching Christian doctrines; you're teaching the law.

How would you break the commandment on the Sabbath? That's what you want to know? If you have workers go to work on their day of rest, it is violating what God provides for them. Even if you believe in your freedom, you still sin doing that, even to the animals put to work, according to the commandment. Being in Christ and covered with God's grace still does not mean that is not sin. And any sin is still to be stopped.

Upvote 0