The Former & Latter Rain to bring in the Harvest.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I attended a church where lot of the teaching was intended to bring us back to where the early church was at the beginning. Yet we are told that the Latter Rain will be greater then the Former. They say this is the greatest time to be alive today. Future generations will sing songs about the times we live in because the power of God to rescue, save, heal and deliver is so great. Of course the world is more evil so we need more of the power of God to overcome. Good is becoming very good and evil is becoming very evil. As Charles Dickens said:

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest. (Jeremiah 5:24)

That I will give you the rain of your land in his due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that thou mayest gather in thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil.(Deut11:14)

Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.(Joel 2:23)

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Charismatics believe in a prophetic latter rain event (Which they believe is an outpouring of the Spirit). Some of them believe this event started In 1948, with the “revival” in Saskatchewan, Canada. I am 99% a partial Cessationist. I believe the miraculous gifts have ceased but the non-miraculous gifts have not ceased. But I do hold to the view that by 1% chance GOD (that I could be wrong) and He may be operating in a church in some remote jungle somewhere.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the miraculous gifts have ceased
I had a friend that believed that and he died. He did not have the faith to believe and receive what God had for him. The pastor was working with him though. I heard what was going on with him through the pastor.

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Future generations will sing songs about the times we live in because the power of God to rescue, save, heal and deliver is so great.

I too believe in the early and latter rain of the Spirit, heralding the reality of the first and second coming of Christ, so I don't think it will stop before Christ comes again, so that "future generations" will look back on us. We're it!

• Agree
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I too believe in the early and latter rain of the Spirit, heralding the reality of the first and second coming of Christ, so I don't think it will stop before Christ comes again, so that "future generations" will look back on us. We're it!
They say that future generations will sing songs about the times we are living in: "But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound" (Romans 5:20) No matter how evil the world becomes, God's Grace to deliver and set people free is still greater.

• Agree
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
They say that future generations will sing songs about the times we are living in: "But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound" (Romans 5:20) No matter how evil the world becomes, God's Grace to deliver and set people free is still greater.

What future generations? That is what I'd like to know, and where are you getting this information?

• Useful
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What future generations? That is what I'd like to know, and where are you getting this information?
Psalm 102:18 "Let this be written for a future generation, that a people not yet created may praise the LORD"

I read a lot of books about Heaven: Kat Kerr, Oden Hetrik & also his daughter wrote a book. Back in the 80's Richard E. Eby wrote books about his subject. Even if you want to consider them to be fiction, they are still interesting, informative and comforting to read. Use to be allegories were more popular or christian novels. The books pretty much agree with each other. I am not seeing any contradictions. For example they all say there are lots and lots of children in Heaven from abortions and miscarriages.

Also I have some personal information. I have a daughter in Heaven that I had a dream about. I am still learning about the meaning of things I saw in that dream. Also I have a son that recently went to heaven and I still hear from him and we keep in contact with each other. Sort of like texting with very brief messages going back and forth between him and me.

Right now I am reading the chapter on make sure your election is sure so that you can go to Heaven because Heaven is a wonderful place.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Psalm 102:18 "Let this be written for a future generation, that a people not yet created may praise the LORD"

I read a lot of books about Heaven: Kat Kerr, Oden Hetrik & also his daughter wrote a book. Back in the 80's Richard E. Eby wrote books about his subject. Even if you want to consider them to be fiction, they are still interesting, informative and comforting to read. Use to be allegories were more popular or christian novels. The books pretty much agree with each other. I am not seeing any contradictions. For example they all say there are lots and lots of children in Heaven from abortions and miscarriages.

Also I have some personal information. I have a daughter in Heaven that I had a dream about. I am still learning about the meaning of things I saw in that dream. Also I have a son that recently went to heaven and I still hear from him and we keep in contact with each other. Sort of like texting with very brief messages going back and forth between him and me.

Right now I am reading the chapter on make sure your election is sure so that you can go to Heaven because Heaven is a wonderful place.

I'm sorry to hear about your son and daughter.

Psalms 102 doesn't necessarily mean future to us, but future to David.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
They say that future generations will sing songs about the times we are living in ...
You must mean the future generations of believers
living during the 1000-year reign of Christ on earth.
Because this world is in its' very last days ... like 10-20 more years!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because this world is in its' very last days ... like 10-20 more years!
Yes this is the final harvest. Even Moses tells us that the latter rain is greater then in the beginning to bring in the harvest. So this is the best of time for the redeemed. For those that are lost this will be the worst of time for them. Daniel says many will got to and fro. To think that we can get most anywhere in the world in 24 hours. It use to take a lot longer then that.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes this is the final harvest. Even Moses tells us that the latter rain is greater then in the beginning to bring in the harvest. So this is the best of time for the redeemed. For those that are lost this will be the worst of time for them. Daniel says many will got to and fro. To think that we can get most anywhere in the world in 24 hours. It use to take a lot longer then that.

I read an article back in 2010 by a man from Uganda who had a quite unique angle on the final Awakening that could be relevant to the next five years????

Do you believe a massive Holy Spirit tsunami is coming?

Upvote 0