✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Mk 12:28
And, approaching, one of the scribes, hearing them discussing, having perceived that He answered them ideally, inquires of Him, "What is the foremost precept of all?"

(CLV) Mk 12:29
Jesus answered him that "The foremost precept of all is: Hear, Israel! the Lord our God is one Lord.

(CLV) Mk 12:30
And, You shall be loving the Lord your God out of your whole heart, and out of your whole soul, and out of your whole comprehension, and out of your whole strength. This is the foremost precept.

So who is Yahshua's (Jesus') God? Does he have a name?

Yahshua was quoting the Shema.

(CLV) Dt 6:4
Hear, Israel! Yahweh is our Elohim; Yahweh the only One.

(CLV) Dt 6:5
So you will love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your intensity.

(CLV) Dt 6:6
These words which I am instructing you today will come to be in your heart.

Yahweh is Yahshua's Elohim.

Glory to Yahweh!

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
(CLV) Mk 12:28
And, approaching, one of the scribes, hearing them discussing, having perceived that He answered them ideally, inquires of Him, "What is the foremost precept of all?"

(CLV) Mk 12:29
Jesus answered him that "The foremost precept of all is: Hear, Israel! the Lord our God is one Lord.

(CLV) Mk 12:30
And, You shall be loving the Lord your God out of your whole heart, and out of your whole soul, and out of your whole comprehension, and out of your whole strength. This is the foremost precept.

So who is Yahshua's (Jesus') God? Does he have a name?

Yahshua was quoting the Shema.

(CLV) Dt 6:4
Hear, Israel! Yahweh is our Elohim; Yahweh the only One.

(CLV) Dt 6:5
So you will love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your intensity.

(CLV) Dt 6:6
These words which I am instructing you today will come to be in your heart.

Yahweh is Yahshua's Elohim.

Glory to Yahweh!
Amen :).

Upvote 0

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟28,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 3:
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 14:
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.​

Revelation 22:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
1 John 4:
12 No man hath seen God at any time..​

Exodus 33:
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.​

Numbers 12:
8 ..the similitude of Yahweh shall he behold..​

Hebrews 1:
3 ..the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person..​

Exodus 33:
11 And Yahweh spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.
2 Corinthians 4:
6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Yahushua Messiah.​

Deuteronomy 34:
10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom Yahweh knew face to face,​

John 5:
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

Revelation 3:
12 ..I will write upon him the name of my God..and I will write upon him my renewed name.

John 1:
18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.​

Revelation 22:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.​

5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for Yahweh God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.​

1 Corinthians 13:
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.​

Revelation 21:
23 ..for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.​

Amen Yahweh!

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
John 20:17King James Version (KJV)

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Romans 15:6 (English-NIV)
so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:3 (English-NIV)
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,

2 Corinthians 11:31 (English-NIV)
The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying.

Ephesians 1:3 (English-NIV)
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

Colossians 1:3 (English-NIV)
We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,

1 Peter 1:3 (English-NIV)
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Deut.4:35

35 You were shown these things so that you might know that YHWH is God; besides him there is no other.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I missed something but I am not sure what this has to do with the Christianity and World Religion board?

Looks to be just some Sacred Name proselytizing.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Maybe I missed something but I am not sure what this has to do with the Christianity and World Religion board?

It wasn't my idea. This is where one of the Moderators told me to post it.

• Haha
Reactions: awitch
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

No, it's actually about the Shema; but I'm always up for glorifying my Father's name.

Exodus 3

15 God, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ' YHWH, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name FOREVER, and this is My memorial-name to all generations.-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟28,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ezekiel 39:
7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am Yahweh, the Holy One in Israel.​

Matthew 6:
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Matthew 10:
22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married

-CryptoLutheran

Thanks for linking. I at least know the context now. Plus, the moderation directing them here makes sense under the current rule configuration.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ephesians 6:
5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.

Exodus 21:
7 When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to to be bought back again.

1 Samuel 15:
3 Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.

Did I do it right?

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟28,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exodus 21:
2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.​

3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.​

4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.​

5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:​

6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.​

7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.​

8 If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.​

9 And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.​

10 If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.​

11 And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.​

Wait.

These slaves had rights?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟28,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wait.

God endorsed the buying and selling of slaves as if these rights made slavery acceptable?

Wait.

You mean having rights is slavery?

Well. I guess even a slave to sin like yourself has the right to die.

Romans 6:
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Yahushua Christ our Lord.​

It would be well for you if you stopped trying to blame Yahweh and looked in the mirror.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Wait.

You mean having rights is slavery?

Well. I guess even a slave to sin like yourself has the right to die.

Romans 6:
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Yahushua Christ our Lord.​

It would be well for you if you stopped trying to blame Yahweh and looked in the mirror.

I can't blame something that I don't believe in.
I thought we were just randomly posting out of context passages of scripture.

Upvote 0

Neal of Zebulun

Oct 21, 2017
Texas
✟28,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't blame something that I don't believe in.
You wouldn't try to fault Him concerning the subject of slavery either.

But as it is, you're either a slave to sin or a servant of righteousness.

It's just the way it is.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You wouldn't try to fault Him concerning the subject of slavery either.

If I was convinced that scripture was an accurate depiction of reality, then yes, I would fault god for condoning slavery.

But as it is, you're either a slave to sin or a servant of righteousness.

It's just the way it is.

I disagree and that's OK.

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0