Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Does the bible say manna was given
to [anyone] but the church in the wilderness,
or today anyone outside of the church?
There is a big /total/ difference from the Ekklesia in the wilderness, and the church any time.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟398,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a big /total/ difference from the Ekklesia in the wilderness, and the church any time.

Yes they had physical manna in the
wilderness, Those today in Jesus church
will be soon given " hidden manna" Rev 2:17

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Why do so many never make the connection between the forbidden fruit and psychedelics?
I mean here are some reasonings, and relatabilities:
-Parents tell their children don't do drugs usually without giving them a seemingly valid reason not to
-when Adam ate the fruit his eyes were opened. (Whether literally metaphorically or dilated (not that there is much of a difference) it's still pretty evident)
-the fruit created a paranoia effect
-before hand they knew not the difference between good and evil, yet all of a sudden it seems to have flashed before their eyes
-it angered the Father that they disobeyed and they were cast out of the garden
-the serpent tempted eve much like a drug dealer might tempt someone to take acid or mushrooms claiming it's the best thing ever
-it seemed to cause them to feel naked when before they never seemed noticed, just as drugs might cause someone to toil in what seems like vanity to an outside source
-Adam and eve seemed lost
-psycadelics seem to be forbidden... atleast to most people

So is there any reason to believe the forbidden fruit was not a psycadelics drug, and preachers just don't put emphasis on it as such as to keep it in ancient context that they don't anger the world? (Though being a friend to the world they are depriving others of the truth, and thus leaving children vulnerable to experiment with many forbidden fruits because this story/parable is not taught correctly makes the story teller an enemy to God?)

It wasn't a psychedelic.

Trees are metaphors for living entities (particular entities made in the image of the Most High God.) The trees in the garden were other angels, the fruit was "what they were selling" - godhood, sexual ecstacy, better genetics for baby, immortality, etc. The aforementioned would be BAD FRUIT, and Adam and Eve were told not to "eat the fruit" (don't literally consume the body of the entity, and/or do not indulge the entity).

It wasn't an apple, and it wasn't a psychedelic. The serpent "wholly beguiled" Eve - including sexually. "Eating the fruit" of the tree of knowledge of good and evil was the first instance of a deal with a fallen entity signed and consummated by intercourse. It was witchcraft in its purist form: a higher entity or "wise spirit" swindled you out of your birthright by promising godhood, immortality and powers.

Upvote 0

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It wasn't a psychedelic.

Trees are metaphors for living entities (particular entities made in the image of the Most High God.) The trees in the garden were other angels, the fruit was "what they were selling" - godhood, sexual ecstacy, better genetics for baby, immortality, etc. The aforementioned would be BAD FRUIT, and Adam and Eve were told not to "eat the fruit" (don't literally consume the body of the entity, and/or do not indulge the entity).

It wasn't an apple, and it wasn't a psychedelic. The serpent "wholly beguiled" Eve - including sexually. "Eating the fruit" of the tree of knowledge of good and evil was the first instance of a deal with a fallen entity signed and consummated by intercourse. It was witchcraft in its purist form: a higher entity or "wise spirit" swindled you out of your birthright by promising godhood, immortality and powers.
Hmmm... Valid assumption.
Yet I don't see why this sorcery would not involve psycadelic effects.. If it was/is true.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yet I don't see why this sorcery would not involve psycadelic effects.. If it was/is true.
No, not a valid anything in k's post..

Adam and Eve had nothing to do with a tree that was an angel, nor an angel that was a tree - that's a farcical mythology/ false teaching. (a very old one)

• Haha
Reactions: OffGrid
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

It can, and likely did. But it wasn't specifically because of psychedelics. What we call "psychedelic" is to keep us afraid of the effects of some natural plants we no nothing about. Not everything is meant to be smoked, or even eaten. But, we are too ignorant as a species to care about the difference - especially in government.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟398,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
7And the manna was as coriander seed, and the colour thereof as the colour of bdellium.

8And the people went about, and gathered it, and ground it in mills, or beat it in a mortar, and baked it in pans, and made cakes of it: and the taste of it was as the taste of fresh oil.

How long did the Quail last?

18And say thou unto the people, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow, and ye shall eat flesh: for ye have wept in the ears of the Lord, saying, Who shall give us flesh to eat? for it was well with us in Egypt: therefore the Lord will give you flesh, and ye shall eat.

19Ye shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days;

20 But even a whole month, until it come out at your nostrils, and it be loathsome unto you: because that ye have despised the Lord which is among you, and have wept before him, saying, Why came we forth out of Egypt?

27He rained flesh also upon them as dust, and feathered fowls like as the sand of the sea:
28And he let it fall in the midst of their camp, round about their habitations.

29So they did eat, and were well filled: for he gave them their own desire;
30They were not estranged from their lust. But while their meat was yet in their mouths,
31The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I missed it - what 'sorcery' are you talking about !?
IN K's description the angel was selling fruits from trees. This is a form of sorcery to me...

However I think sempei fi hit the nail on the head.

An assumption is not fact. I can see how K can see that there would be rebellion in the garden in this manner. Not that it is right, but that it is well... An interesting assumption, and I can appreciate that. Just not the fact that a person thinks it's dogma.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟398,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
However I think sempei fi hit
the nail on the head.

God gave them manna to eat.
Then later the people complained,
it displeased the Lord God of Israel.

In Numbers 11 verse 7 ,8
It discribes the manna, and
how they cooked and ate it.
It does not sound like mushrooms.

But They started to complain,that they
only had blah tasting manna to eat.

6But now our soul is dried away:
there is nothing at all, beside this
manna, before our eyes.

The manna was able to sustain them
with nutrients, but they grumbled.

When we get to the Quail, it was a
separate issue then manna, that
was a test of the 4th commandment.

Besides breaking the commandment,
They complained about the manna and
wanted real food like back in Egypt.

18 And say thou unto the people, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow, and ye shall eat flesh: for ye have wept in the ears of the Lord, saying, Who shall give us flesh to eat? for it was well with us in Egypt:therefore the Lord will give you flesh, and ye shall eat.

The quails [flesh] was only for a month.
But Manna sustained them for 40 years.
Mushrooms would not sustain them.

Sin here was for complaining, and gluttony.
Some of those God killed, because of this.

"And they tempted God in their heart by
asking meat for their lust."

"and slew the fattest of them" -as examples.

Numbers 11:34 "And he called the name of that
place Kibroth–hattaavah: because there they
buried the people that lusted. Philippians 3:19

The quails and manna are separate issues,
And are described different. Quail was quail,
Manna was bread from heaven.

Was that the nail on the head?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do so many never make the connection between the forbidden fruit and psychedelics?
I mean here are some reasonings, and relatabilities:
-Parents tell their children don't do drugs usually without giving them a seemingly valid reason not to
-when Adam ate the fruit his eyes were opened. (Whether literally metaphorically or dilated (not that there is much of a difference) it's still pretty evident)
-the fruit created a paranoia effect
-before hand they knew not the difference between good and evil, yet all of a sudden it seems to have flashed before their eyes
-it angered the Father that they disobeyed and they were cast out of the garden
-the serpent tempted eve much like a drug dealer might tempt someone to take acid or mushrooms claiming it's the best thing ever
-it seemed to cause them to feel naked when before they never seemed noticed, just as drugs might cause someone to toil in what seems like vanity to an outside source
-Adam and eve seemed lost
-psycadelics seem to be forbidden... atleast to most people

So is there any reason to believe the forbidden fruit was not a psycadelics drug, and preachers just don't put emphasis on it as such as to keep it in ancient context that they don't anger the world? (Though being a friend to the world they are depriving others of the truth, and thus leaving children vulnerable to experiment with many forbidden fruits because this story/parable is not taught correctly makes the story teller an enemy to God?)
Interesting topic. I wanted to rate it Funny, but didn't want to offend you, since it wasn't offered as humor. It did make me chuckle though.

I have a couple of things to offer. I did not read the whole thread. TL/DR (sorry)

I think the paranoia observation is good. But what I find most interesting is the unanswered question that God asks Adam when he says he hid because he was naked. God asks Adam, WHO told you that you were naked? As I said, the question goes unanswered in the text. A few chapters later God has a discussion with Cain. He tells him that SIN is crouching at the door, IT desires to HAVE you, but you must rule over IT. Very interesting. Both of these situations indicate a SOMEONE behind the scenes working against us. Someone that tries to shame us by calling us naked when we were unashamed prior. (Gen.2:25) And someone who wants to HAVE us, someone God wants us to RULE over.

So, all that to say that, for the most part, there was a SOMEONE, not a SOMETHING at play here.

The other thing, which is more to your point, has to do with what we are told in the book of Revelations. There is fruit from the tree of life, most likely to be eaten. But the more mysterious aspect is "the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations." Healing leaves indicates a "medicine" of some sort. Curious indeed.

Revelation 22:2
down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0