Waco
✟45,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whether they had never eaten from it, or had, but we're blocked from ever doing so again, I cannot say.

God says"they have now become like US, knowing good from evil" and if they take of the Tree of life, they will live forever...

I don't know if the fruit was Apple, pear, or whatever

I don't know of any psychedelics that GROW ON TREES, but I am not an expert in psychedelics.

Would Adam and Eve have LIVED FOREVER if they had never disobeyed?

I don't know that either.

Upvote 0

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My stance is more against mushrooms if anything. .
However post #50 & 51 are what I'm really considering now.

Jesus Christ is not a mushroom. Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and King of Kings, and Savior, and resides with the Father in heaven.

However the manna in the desert may have been Christ as the rock in the desert that gave water was Him. And the snake symbol was held like a cross to keep snakes away. (Yet destroyed generations later) However even then whoever ate of the desert manna would die, yet the ones who take Christs bread/flesh will have everlasting life.
And when Jesus said these things about the manna people accused Him of herasies as well....

Which it would make sense that the manna in the desert may have been mushrooms. Knowing that they were dealing with snakes, rocks filled with water, disobedience, and the testing of God, and many other valid points.

I am really more interested in posts 50 and 51..

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean we do have dreams...

Thank you for actually giving a well thought out answer, now I would like to encourage you to share your perspective on my last couple posts #'s 50 and 51

As for Maloney ALL scripture can be reproofed and used for edification and teaching, and none of it is vain or pointless, though they may mention vain or pointless things.
However I am not saying the knowledge of the forbidden fruit is essential to salvation, this is why I am posting in a controversial theology section. I'd respect you to stop talking of me negatively and actually help me find answers and build me up as I seek truth, rather than try so hard to break me down when we are brothers and sisters in Christ. Or have I become your enemy in telling you the truth?
Thank you for your time, yet your judgements are not helping the edification of the essential point of this specific discussion. I am not spreading dogma, I am trying to seek out answers to difficult questions, that I might be able to give answers to difficult people.

How does the "identity" of this fruit edify? Or is this merely your form of stamp collecting?

Upvote 0

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The tree of life mentioned in Revelation 22:2 has 12 different kinds of fruit on it.

Offgrid, why does it matter if forbidden fruit was a psychedelic?

Please read post 50 and 51

Also it'd be nice to 'expose evil' as Paul might have put it.
I am simply trying to shed light on darker subjects for edification. It is not mandatory that this mystery be solved, but it is worth discussing to gain understanding, and wisdom for future interactions with others.

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please read post 50 and 51

Also it'd be nice to 'expose evil' as Paul might have put it.
I am simply trying to shed light on darker subjects for edification. It is not mandatory that this mystery be solved, but it is worth discussing to gain understanding, and wisdom for future interactions with others.

Read them, utterly unconvincing. This "fruit" is nowhere and at no time in Scripture called "evil". Thus, it need not be "exposed". In Scripture, and SOLELY from Scripture, identify this "fruit" or at very least show that it is "evil"--solely from Scripture, no conjecture.

Upvote 0

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How does the "identity" of this fruit edify? Or is this merely your form of stamp collecting?

ed·i·fy
/ˈedəˌfī/
verb
FORMAL
  1. instruct or improve (someone) morally or intellectually.

If you have learned anything in scripture that is true does it not help you intellectually, give you instruction, or improve you morally?

And I'm not sure what you mean by stamp collecting..

Upvote 0

Tra Phull

Ecumenical Loose Canon
Oct 24, 2019
Waco
✟45,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't get anything out of 50 and 51

Fruit is simply THE FRUIT OF THE TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL

To identify it with SIN when it existed before there WAS any sin on MAN's part, that doesn't make sense to me.

• Informative
Reactions: OffGrid
Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ed·i·fy
/ˈedəˌfī/
verb
FORMAL
  1. instruct or improve (someone) morally or intellectually.

If you have learned anything in scripture that is true does it not help you intellectually, give you instruction, or improve you morally?

And I'm not sure what you mean by stamp collecting..

Okay, then, restrict yourself 100% to SCRIPTURE, no speculation, what does SCRIPTURE say, no speculation?

Upvote 0

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Read them, utterly unconvincing. This "fruit" is nowhere and at no time in Scripture called "evil". Thus, it need not be "exposed". In Scripture, and SOLELY from Scripture, identify this "fruit" or at very least show that it is "evil"--solely from Scripture, no conjecture.

I would neither consider marijuana as evil.

In the same aspect money is not evil, but the love of money/greed is a root of evil.

So we rule out the possibility that the tree was evil. But that gaining the knowledge of life and death was the fruit maybe? Maybe they knew not they would die beforehand?

Not that the forbidden fruit was evil, but the need for something more than they already had was evil. Which is 'original sin.'

i do not see a problem with shedding light on all scripture if possible. I know I'm not always right, but I also know nobody here is always right. And so I try to hear all perspectives openly and consider them. Yet in the end nomatter how radical the answers get there is infact ALWAY a radical truth.
Jesus Christ is Lord, and God the Father the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, Samuel, David, Solomon, Moses, Elijah, and Jesus, Peter, Paul, James, and even me is a God of the living and not of the dead. And that is radically true. I embrace the zeal even through a seemingly dark subject matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Okay, then, restrict yourself 100% to SCRIPTURE, no speculation, what does SCRIPTURE say, no speculation?
In the day you eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you will surely die.

Yet for there to be death would there not be sin? As when sin comes into fruitation is creates death.

I liked another persons answer that it may have been a fig tree and simply the fact that they disobeyed the Lord it came with sin and after consuming sin they. Would surely die due to the fruitation of sin leading to death.

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the day you eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you will surely die.

Yet for there to be death would there not be sin? As when sin comes into fruitation is creates death.

I liked another persons answer that it may have been a fig tree and simply the fact that they disobeyed the Lord it came with sin and after consuming sin they. Would surely die due to the fruitation of sin leading to death.

Now, give SPECIFIC QUOTES from scripture that tells us that it is important to know the identity of this "fruit". Likewise, where this fruit is identified as "psychedelics".

The answer of "disobedience" is actually the mainstream, normal Christian interpretation, as well as the Jewish.

Upvote 0

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Colossians 2:1-3 says,

For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do so many never make the connection between the forbidden fruit and psychedelics?

Because it was fruit that grew on a tree, not a man made drug.

I mean here are some reasonings, and relatabilities:
-Parents tell their children don't do drugs usually without giving them a seemingly valid reason not to

I would imagine they do.
But in any case there's loads of publicity around nowadays to say what drugs do to people.

-the fruit created a paranoia effect

No it didn't - Adam and Eve felt guilty and tried to hide from God because they knew they'd disobeyed his command.
Sin did that, not the fruit.

-the serpent tempted eve much like a drug dealer might tempt someone to take acid or mushrooms claiming it's the best thing ever

That's because the serpent was the devil; God's enemy who wanted to mess up God's creation and turn people away from him.

-Adam and eve seemed lost

They were.
They had been created by God, who had declared his creation to be very good, Genesis 1:31, put in the Garden of Eden and allowed to eat any fruit they wished - and they disobeyed God and did the one thing he told them not to. That was sin - and the perfect relationship they had had with their Creator was broken. Sin spoiled their relationship with god, a Holy God who does not allow sin in his presence. And they were then kicked out of the Garden.

So is there any reason to believe the forbidden fruit was not a psycadelics drug,

Yes, it was fruit growing on a tree.

and preachers just don't put emphasis on it as such as to keep it in ancient context that they don't anger the world?

I doubt it's occurred to any preacher to think that the fruit might really have been a psychedelic drug. The fruit is not important. It's sinning against God; deliberately disobeying his word that is the important bit of the story.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 2:1-3 says,

For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

And the word "psychedelics" appears WHERE?

Likewise, quote FROM SCRIPTURE, EXACTLY, where it is edifying SPECIFICALLY AND BY QUOTATION to SPECIFICALLY suss out the identity of this fruit.

Upvote 0

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now, WHERE DOES THAT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT PSYCHEDELICS?
it doesn't, there was no word for psycadelic in Moses's time when it was written. However based on my 8 points I can say the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil had a similar effect on Adam and Eve as psychedelics have on modern people.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem like one that would rebuke me in a church for telling a child Santa Claus does not exist, that his name is a mixed up word for Satan

It's also Spanish, or Italian or something, for Saint - Saint Nicholas, who was a Bishop, a real person and gave presents secretly to people who did not have anything.
Sure, the story's become embellished - but it's based on truth.

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it doesn't, there was no word for psycadelic in Moses's time when it was written. However based on my 8 points I can say the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil had a similar effect on Adam and Eve as psychedelics have on modern people.

No, you're just idly speculating. And spewing your speculation in church is a great way to get informed that you edify nobody, Indeed, I can make a case that your spew is antithetical to edification. After all, if all the effects were just a drug, then there's far less personal responsibility involved. It's all just a chemical activity! There's nothing moral or immoral about a chemical activity.

Upvote 0