Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ehh your just closed minded. I'm coming at this humbly trying to find truth, but you are one sided and I really could care less about if it is or is not a psychedelic I'm just sharing well thought out connections. It's not my fault you can't open your mind that far to atleast consider and give me more grounds than to just tell me I'm flat out wrong simply because revelation does not flat out say it, when it's a known fact that Jesus would talk to people in parables that do not flat out say things and yet stare you in the face.
I have given some pretty valid points, but I cannot force you to understand that there are hidden messages throughout the entire bible...
I will refrain from trying, as I have already said what I have to say lest I delve into the subject of dinosaurs, which should be another topic entirely.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Ehh your just closed minded. I'm coming at this humbly trying to find truth, but you are one sided and I really could care less about if it is or is not a psychedelic I'm just sharing well thought out connections. It's not my fault you can't open your mind that far to atleast consider and give me more grounds than to just tell me I'm flat out wrong simply because revelation does not flat out say it, when it's a known fact that Jesus would talk to people in parables that do not flat out say things and yet stare you in the face.
I have given some pretty valid points, but I cannot force you to understand that there are hidden messages throughout the entire bible...
I will refrain from trying, as I have already said what I have to say lest I delve into the subject of dinosaurs, which should be another topic entirely.
A lot of people go thru times like this in life, and we never know when someone posting or someone reading the posts won't be here tomorrow.
I agree "flat out" answers are sometimes not the best, or might not be.... I'm sorry if I missed the mark here with you, and hope you are and do and continue to seek the truth. (not on this forum, but where it may be found and declared without being restricted) .... too much on the internet is distracting at best, and deceptive usually.

Upvote 0

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Truly I will be asking these questions and exploiting these deprevities and challenging the status quo (as did many Old Testament prophets not out of rebellion but out of edification aimed toward righteousness.
I agree the Internet is deceptive but the point of this thread is controversial theology and in that I am not deceiving anyone. I am simply edifying the truth that the world would be a better place if children were taught not just to not do drugs but why.

It is controversial, but that does not make it vain, false, or to be rebuked.
I feel like I'd be thrown out of a church or two trying to tell children the story of Adam and Eve in this context, yet that makes it all the more true to me..
I've given atleast 7 points that back up my claim, yet the only thing I've been countered with is

-it doesn't specifically say drug/psycadelic in Genesis (as if they had a word for it)

and well that's actually pretty much it...

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
the world would be a better place if children were taught not just to not do drugs but why.
Children ARE TAUGHT THAT every day in school, on tv, on computers, etc etc
and they still do drugs many times, growing up and later.

The world is not a better place yet.

It will be, when Jesus Returns.

Until then, as Jesus Says, the wicked are becoming more wicked,
and the righteous are becoming more righteous.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I've given atleast 7 points that back up my claim, yet the only thing I've been countered with is

-it doesn't specifically say drug/psycadelic in Genesis (as if they had a word for it)

and well that's actually pretty much it...
Thus, God's Instructions: Do NOT ADD to MY WORD, or I WILL ADD to the one who ADDS to MY WORD all the plagues in the BOOK ....

p.s. many believers HAVE ADDED, and suffer because of it. Some few repent of that, and are recovered .... most people on earth never turn to Yahuweh.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I feel like I'd be thrown out of a church or two trying to tell children the story of Adam and Eve in this context, yet that makes it all the more true to me..
IN this one case, what you "feel" posted here is truth. The assemblies of God's People would likely kick you out for false teaching, or actually BEFORE you even ever started teaching this, they would not let you teach, but would require you to be quiet and learn at first, until the appropriate time , after proving , that you could be trusted to not distract from the truth, and not lead any little ones, nor anyone else , astray from TORAH/ true faith/ Jesus' Way and LIfe.

Upvote 0

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How am I directed by my own desires, needs, profits, or whatever else?

I have not done a psycadelic other than marijuana in over 2 years. And how would calling the forbidden fruit a sorcery benefit me in an way shape or form?

The way your talking to me is hypocritical and rude.

Who is to say I'm not directed by God? I did say I am aimed for righteous edification. Where you get my own desires, needs, profits, or whatever else goes beyond me and is a reflection of your own closed mind/heart. Much like a hypocritical Pharisee who cannot see past the law.

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟25,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do so many never make the connection between the forbidden fruit and psychedelics?
I mean here are some reasonings, and relatabilities:
-Parents tell their children don't do drugs usually without giving them a seemingly valid reason not to
-when Adam ate the fruit his eyes were opened. (Whether literally metaphorically or dilated (not that there is much of a difference) it's still pretty evident)
-the fruit created a paranoia effect
-before hand they knew not the difference between good and evil, yet all of a sudden it seems to have flashed before their eyes
-it angered the Father that they disobeyed and they were cast out of the garden
-the serpent tempted eve much like a drug dealer might tempt someone to take acid or mushrooms claiming it's the best thing ever
-it seemed to cause them to feel naked when before they never seemed noticed, just as drugs might cause someone to toil in what seems like vanity to an outside source
-Adam and eve seemed lost
-psycadelics seem to be forbidden... atleast to most people

So is there any reason to believe the forbidden fruit was not a psycadelics drug, and preachers just don't put emphasis on it as such as to keep it in ancient context that they don't anger the world? (Though being a friend to the world they are depriving others of the truth, and thus leaving children vulnerable to experiment with many forbidden fruits because this story/parable is not taught correctly makes the story teller an enemy to God?)

Why does this matter? The physical nature of the fruit of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is irrelevant.

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟25,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If anything, said fruit took away our ability to fully appreciate color, and left us with "black & white" thinking...
full

It did neither. It opened awareness to a different facet of reality. Nothing was taken away in terms of awareness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟25,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How am I directed by my own desires, needs, profits, or whatever else?

I have not done a psycadelic other than marijuana in over 2 years. And how would calling the forbidden fruit a sorcery benefit me in an way shape or form?

The way your talking to me is hypocritical and rude.

Who is to say I'm not directed by God? I did say I am aimed for righteous edification. Where you get my own desires, needs, profits, or whatever else goes beyond me and is a reflection of your own closed mind/heart. Much like a hypocritical Pharisee who cannot see past the law.

Marijuana isn't a psychedelic.

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟25,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
?? Why say derivative? Pharmacy since the father of pharmacy (who claimed he learned everything from a sorceress) has been pharmakeia....

The "Father of pharmacy" as it is now practiced is Oswald Schmiedeberg. He never credited any "sorceress" for his education.

Whatever ancient relic was the "father" of a form of "pharmacy" that is no longer practiced and has been entirely rejected by modern medicine is irrelevant to the present day.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟25,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Clarify: medicine that is pharmakeia is a form of sorcery and deceiving.
Healing is entirely separate and different, and is not legal in the USA nor in any country legally under the codex law.

You mean quackery and fraud aren't legal.

Upvote 0

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You seem like one that would rebuke me in a church for telling a child Santa Claus does not exist, that his name is a mixed up word for Satan and that the truth is the spirit of true love is bringing you gifts this year.

I've been asked to leave a "church" before for such things, and I was led by the Spirit as I do it every time this sort of thing happens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟25,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem like one that would rebuke me in a church for telling a child Santa Claus does not exist, that his name is a mixed up word for Satan and that the truth is the spirit of true love is bringing you gifts this year.

I've been asked to leave a "church" before for such things, and I was led by the Spirit as I do it every time this sort of thing happens.

What Spirit led you? Have you tested this spirit?

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟25,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fruit is not the issue here. We are not told what that fruit actually was. The real issue is that God told them not to eat it, and they did, thereby disobeying a direct command from God, causing them to fall from their innocence and losing the Holy Spirit, and therefore their direct fellowship with God.

How Scriptural of you. Is that allowed?

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Why do so many never make the connection between the forbidden fruit and psychedelics?
I mean here are some reasonings, and relatabilities:
-Parents tell their children don't do drugs usually without giving them a seemingly valid reason not to
-when Adam ate the fruit his eyes were opened. (Whether literally metaphorically or dilated (not that there is much of a difference) it's still pretty evident)
-the fruit created a paranoia effect
-before hand they knew not the difference between good and evil, yet all of a sudden it seems to have flashed before their eyes
-it angered the Father that they disobeyed and they were cast out of the garden
-the serpent tempted eve much like a drug dealer might tempt someone to take acid or mushrooms claiming it's the best thing ever
-it seemed to cause them to feel naked when before they never seemed noticed, just as drugs might cause someone to toil in what seems like vanity to an outside source
-Adam and eve seemed lost
-psycadelics seem to be forbidden... atleast to most people

So is there any reason to believe the forbidden fruit was not a psycadelics drug, and preachers just don't put emphasis on it as such as to keep it in ancient context that they don't anger the world? (Though being a friend to the world they are depriving others of the truth, and thus leaving children vulnerable to experiment with many forbidden fruits because this story/parable is not taught correctly makes the story teller an enemy to God?)
Perhaps people don't make the connection because there isn't any Biblical basis to draw such a conclusion. Anyone telling you what kind of fruit the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil is or what its properties were is peddling superstitions.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0