Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 14:1 
    The fool has said in his heart,
    "There is no God."

Psalm 14:2-3
    The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
    To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.
    [3] They have all turned aside,
    They have together become corrupt;
    There is none who does good,
    No, not one.

Originally posted by JohnR7
Psalm 14:1 
    The fool has said in his heart,
    "There is no God."

Psalm 14:2-3
    The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
    To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.
    [3] They have all turned aside,
    They have together become corrupt;
    There is none who does good,
    No, not one.
An omniscient, omnipresent God wouldn't need to look down from heaven to see what people are doing. And you say that we're the fools?

Upvote 0

unworthyone

Yes this is me! Like my glasses?
Mar 25, 2002
Visit site
✟9,398.00
This thread is oddly placed.

David wrote the Psalms (I believe), so all the Psalms are pretty much a personal view of God and the world around David, so....to David, maybe no one was good around him. Being about the time he lived, I'd say I agree with him.

Good observation Neo. Thats why this trusty old book is just a guide.

(I still don't understand why this thread is here.)

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Neo
An omniscient, omnipresent God wouldn't need to look down from heaven to see what people are doing. And you say that we're the fools?

Isaiah 55:8-9
    "For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
    Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord.
    [9] "For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    So are My ways higher than your ways,
    And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by seesaw
And how is this related to science, creation, and evolution.

I am glad you asked that. Notice that David tells us that " The fool has said in his heart: "There is no God."

True understanding is not a product of the mind, it is seated in the heart.

Ephes. 4:18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart;

True ignorance is a matter of the heart, not the mind.

Romans 1:21-22 their foolish hearts were darkened. [22] Professing to be wise, they became fools,

God is interested in our heart. It is His desire to give us a new heart. He wants to do a work in our heart.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Orihalcon
well, he made us this way, who's he to complain...

Ezekiel 28:15-19 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. [16] By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. [17] Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. [18] Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. [19] All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Upvote 0

Orihalcon

crazy dancing santa mage
Nov 17, 2002
Visit site
✟833.00
Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee....

thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God

Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness

like he didn't see it coming.

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I am glad you asked that. Notice that David tells us that " The fool has said in his heart: "There is no God."

True understanding is not a product of the mind, it is seated in the heart.

Ephes. 4:18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart;

True ignorance is a matter of the heart, not the mind.

Romans 1:21-22 their foolish hearts were darkened. [22] Professing to be wise, they became fools,

God is interested in our heart. It is His desire to give us a new heart. He wants to do a work in our heart.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

I still don't see how this is related to science, evolution & creation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by Orihalcon
like he didn't see it coming.
Yeah, the "all-knowing" God had regrets after creating man, as if he didn't know what was going to happen:

"The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth-men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air-for I am grieved that I have made them." "
--Genesis 6:6-7, NIV

Upvote 0