• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Flat Earth Bible

Discussion in 'Non-Mainstream and Controversial Science' started by AV1611VET, Apr 9, 2021.

1. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Two more books of poetry, then this.

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Not to sound like a broken record, but nothing here mentions, or even hints at, a flat earth.

2. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Three more books of poetry, then this.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

What this has to do with the earth being flat is beyond me.

3. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Two more books of poetry, then the author submits the entire first chapter of Genesis 1 for some reason.

And I'm not going to parse Genesis 1 verse-by-verse for obvious reasons.

4. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Now this.

Amos 9:6 It is he that buildeth his stories in the heaven, and hath founded his troop in the earth; he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name.

Is anyone getting the idea that this guy has struck out ... in over three baseball games?

Factor in this next one:

Genesis 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

... and after 30 passages, the score is still:

Flat Earth: Ø
    Round Earth: Ø

5. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm going to stop here, as I just noticed there are 70 more passages in that link! :eek:

If you have one you would like me to address, or one of your own, let me know.

In the meantime, the idea that the Bible teaches a flat earth cosmology wrong.

6. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+22,515
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Again, the earth has a foundation like a house. It's resting on something.

7. essentialsaltes

+22,515
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)

He has a mansion atop the firmament and pours water through the holes in the firmament to make it rain on the face of the earth beneath the firmament.

8. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+17,452
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    According to the Book of Job, the Earth has cornerstones. That means that in addition to being flat, it must be square or rectangular.

9. essentialsaltes

+22,515
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    So what Ezekiel 'saw' does not correspond with reality?

10. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    My house is flat, is it?

11. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Neat.

Genesis 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

12. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Here we go with those plural words again.

Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

13. essentialsaltes

+22,515
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Indeed.

Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

14. essentialsaltes

+22,515
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Your house doesn't rotate and move around the block. It probably has a flat floor, and a roof spread over it like a tent so you can live inside it. You may even have set lights in the ceiling.

15. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    What's all this have to do with a flat earth?

16. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    That's nice.

So God expanded the universe.

What's the big deal?

17. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+17,452
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    A rectangle with only one corner?

18. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Do you know what a cornerstone is?

19. essentialsaltes

+22,515
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying the firmament is very far away? Like in outer space? But rain doesn't come pouring out of windows in outer space. (I mean, it doesn't come pouring out of any kind of windows, but it's not coming from as far away as outer space.)

The firmament is much smaller than that. It's what the fowls fly around inside. You know... the sky. The thing stretched like a tent over our heads.

20. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Have you ever heard of Jacob's Ladder?

It's in the Bible.

In the classroom, I suppose it would be referred to as a "wormhole" or something.

Academia clouds theology.
    I assume you're referring to the sky? aka First Heaven? aka First Firmament?