The first BLACK PANTHER comic book costs me TWELVE CENTS !!

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
a 1966 issue of Fantastic Four was where he first appeared,

(my new avatar is the cover of that one)

He guest-starred until he got his own comic book, wow, wonder how much those would be worth now...

Some of the later Jungle Action comics he was in were 30 cents

now the movie is breaking records, millions of bucks

The Black Panther (T'Challa) was the very first black super-hero, later to be followed by Marvel's FALCON and LUKE CAGE, and in the DC Universe, Jon Stewart replaced Hal Jordan as Green Lantern

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,218.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

He guest-starred until he got his own comic book, wow, wonder how much those would be worth now...

The Black Panther (T'Challa) was the very first black super-hero, later to be followed by Marvel's FALCON and LUKE CAGE, and in the DC Universe, Jon Stewart replaced Hal Jordan as Green Lantern
I was a big BP fan. I also liked Dare Devil. It wasn't long after that I started growing out of the comic stage though.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Although I came a generation later, I do remember coming across the Black Panther in Fantastic Four #241 in early 1982.

Yep. Black Panther is an interesting superhero, and the recent BP movie is one of the better, more socially conscious Marvel movies, I think. ;) I really enjoyed it.

Upvote 0