Waukegan
✟9,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said in Matthew 22:37-38- 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

I love this commandment because it now puts the responsibility on us to love God. A lot of times when people give their lives to Christ, its either out of fear of going to Hell or it out the understanding that Jesus loves them. And there's nothing wrong with that it's true, Jesus loves us. Usually when people get saved they always hear "Jesus loves you" "God loves you that He gave His Son to die on the cross" Which is all true. But rarely if at all do people tell someone " God loves you and now you have to love him back" We are all taught

John 3:16- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so that we should not perish but have everlasting life" beautiful scripture. But who is told

Matthew 22:37-38-Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.38 This is the first and great commandment.

Jesus didn't give his life for nothing, there is an exchange. His life for ours. Many people will argue that and say "No it's a free gift" Yes it is however, the way God works is "obedience then blessing, miracles and more" More of God, comes with a price. To love God with all your heart, soul mind and strength!

When you love someone, you will realign everything in your life for that person. You will stop certain behaviors, you will think of that person all the time. While at work, before you sleep.
We need to love Jesus with that same love, and devotion.

With our hearts, making him the priority again, with our minds, casting down every thought that sets itself up against the obedience of Jesus, negativity, with all of our souls, expressing ourselves in praise and worship and not holding back our emotions from God and with all of our strength lifting your hands in worship because you are in love with the very God who created you, who put your family together, who gave you peace in your mind.
I know for me I will forever be grateful that MY GOD whom I LOVE, set me free from every single addiction, lie, and shame that I was living in!
So ultimately we are supposed to love God, He prove His love to us already on the cross. How will you prove your love to Him? Are there addictions that you still hang on too? Drugs, alcohol, cursing and lying? Are you in a relationship that is unclean or just bad for you?
There are things you have to give up if you love God. It's no different than a marriage, when you marry or even just get into a relationship, there are some things you now have to change and even want to change because you love that person.
Love God, stop only receiving and give. Love is shown through action and not just words.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1 Corinthians 4:20

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power

A demonstration of action which speaks louder than idle words ever could. Those who love the Lord will obey his teachings and they will not be burdensome.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Love God, stop only receiving and give. Love is shown through action and not just words.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said in Matthew 22:37-38- 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

I love this commandment because it now puts the responsibility on us to love God. A lot of times when people give their lives to Christ, its either out of fear of going to Hell or it out the understanding that Jesus loves them. And there's nothing wrong with that it's true, Jesus loves us. Usually when people get saved they always hear "Jesus loves you" "God loves you that He gave His Son to die on the cross" Which is all true. But rarely if at all do people tell someone " God loves you and now you have to love him back" We are all taught

John 3:16- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so that we should not perish but have everlasting life" beautiful scripture. But who is told

Matthew 22:37-38-Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.38 This is the first and great commandment.

Jesus didn't give his life for nothing, there is an exchange. His life for ours. Many people will argue that and say "No it's a free gift" Yes it is however, the way God works is "obedience then blessing, miracles and more" More of God, comes with a price. To love God with all your heart, soul mind and strength!

When you love someone, you will realign everything in your life for that person. You will stop certain behaviors, you will think of that person all the time. While at work, before you sleep.

With our hearts, making him the priority again, with our minds, casting down every thought that sets itself up against the obedience of Jesus, negativity, with all of our souls, expressing ourselves in praise and worship and not holding back our emotions from God and with all of our strength lifting your hands in worship because you are in love with the very God who created you, who put your family together, who gave you peace in your mind.
I know for me I will forever be grateful that MY GOD whom I LOVE, set me free from every single addiction, lie, and shame that I was living in!
So ultimately we are supposed to love God, He prove His love to us already on the cross. How will you prove your love to Him? Are there addictions that you still hang on too? Drugs, alcohol, cursing and lying? Are you in a relationship that is unclean or just bad for you?
There are things you have to give up if you love God. It's no different than a marriage, when you marry or even just get into a relationship, there are some things you now have to change and even want to change because you love that person.
...and 1 John 4.19 says: "We love Him, because He first loved us." :)

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

While I don't disagree with what you've written, I think it's important to be gentle with ourselves too. Not in our whole lifetime will we repent of everything that needs to be repented of. It's a process of God at work in us over time that we grow in holiness and in love.

I just worry that if someone thinks they need to have it all right on day two of being a Christian, they might be pushed into despair, which is never God's will for us.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While I don't disagree with what you've written, I think it's important to be gentle with ourselves too. Not in our whole lifetime will we repent of everything that needs to be repented of. It's a process of God at work in us over time that we grow in holiness and in love.

I just worry that if someone thinks they need to have it all right on day two of being a Christian, they might be pushed into despair, which is never God's will for us.

I agree love is a big word and forgiveness as well but we have been given a helper. As long as we are willing to forgive and love with the help of the Lords strength when we feel that we in our own human powers come short I think it also matters to the Lord. We have all been treated differently and it seems like some needs to overcome more griefs in life and some have been spared a bit. But we can never judge anyones sorrow or losses, what we can do is love and encourage, pray for the people and comfort and empower. Yes forgiveness can take time before it is true forgiveness but the seed of forgiveness must be sown and tendered to.

Upvote 0

Sierra Franklin

Dec 14, 2017
Waukegan
✟9,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
True, I know we are not perfect. Thank God for the Holy Spirit who gives us conviction, so that we can correct and get back on track. I am only saying what the word says to love God. Sometimes we do more for a person in changing, than we do for God. I am only speaking out of my own experiences, so it may not apply to everyone, however the word applies to everyone so however you see my words is fine. :amen:

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well said bro
Can I add to your post that if people realized why it’s the first and greatest command is because if you manage to keep in accordance to it, the second greatest command(to love you neighbor) will automatically follow, so will the third command,4th,5th,6th,7th, 118th,2007th
Basically keep the first command and you will achieve everything God requires of you
Easier said than done though, bloody sinful shower of beep beep we are lol
There’s a reason why it’s first, it shows that it’s Him we should put our main focus on

Upvote 0