Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I have noticed a lack of participation in the Word of Faith Fourm.

I would invite comments as to why.

Have we dropped our shields, and just giving up ?
The World in general is in disarray, and I believe a lot of people are concerned about our future.
All I can say is, we always have a future in Christ, this World is not our home.

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have noticed a lack of participation in the Word of Faith Fourm.

I would invite comments as to why.

Have we dropped our shields, and just giving up ?
The World in general is in disarray, and I believe a lot of people are concerned about our future.
All I can say is, we always have a future in Christ, this World is not our home.

I definitely understand where your coming from. Very strange indeed! I do look for many of them to return their fellowship to this very important forum for the times were in. You know that many have left for being tired of the debating arguments over the years. It's sad but we have seen best friends go their separate ways because of this. We can still debate our differences and yet continue to remain in our walk of love. Walking in love is the part that's being left out in more than a few of our postings and threads. I really believe that it will all work out for the best and we can once again become a vibrant forum to minister to others that are in need.

As Charles Capps has said many times, "we are to look at things that are not as though they were" in our faith confession.

They will return...

Harry

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I would like to see this as a safe place, to pray for and help other's as well .
One of the strangest things it seems that all non WOF somehow think we support Benny Hinn.
I have learned that some people I was debating or things were bumpy between us , are my friends.
Even if I become the bull in a China shop at times they are great men of God.
God Bless

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
It is nice of you to try and get some discussion going. Hopefully we can all get some inspiration and be a greater encouragement to one another by participating more.

True , fellowships build bonds that can last a lifetime.
Encouragement is much needed in our World today.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
use to be really alive...but this is seen on the whole site..

True Blade, Pastors today are wondering the same thing.
As congregations get older, we are losing generations of younger people.
Any one born from the eighties and up, as well the boomers are looking for deeper truths.
Most who fall away have not experienced A relationship With God in the fullness of the Spirit.
With knowlage being as close as a computer key, they see things from other influences.
Legalism has driven many away.
Mega Churches promote entertainment, more than teaching.
Unfortunately here when someone asks a question there are fifty replies and most is bickering.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To be honest... some members have gotten a bit dogmatic. Nothing can be discussed except the same worn out topics we have discussed for over a decade. I agree that we should have some rules to effect the "safe place for WoF" members. But we should not be stifling all discussion that does not conform to Hagin/Copeland teaching tapes.
I was here and was the first mod when the WoF forum was created, and we used to be able to discuss a wide range of subjects and debates. No more. So not a lot of life here. No growth.
IMHO.

Wow... has it been 15 years!!!!????
I am resigning as a moderator

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
To be honest... some members have gotten a bit dogmatic. Nothing can be discussed except the same worn out topics we have discussed for over a decade. I agree that we should have some rules to effect the "safe place for WoF" members. But we should not be stifling all discussion that does not conform to Hagin/Copeland teaching tapes.
I was here and was the first mod when the WoF forum was created, and we used to be able to discuss a wide range of subjects and debates. No more. So not a lot of life here. No growth.
IMHO.

As I delve into Apolgetics, I see the same accusations over and over again.
It is hard for me to believe people can be so ignorant that they continiue to say the same things.
We have had a lot of hurt feelings here do to no WOF attacking many of the threads ,while ignoring the statement of Faith.
I disagree with you on the worn out topics, we could refer to other Ministers in the movement , if we were not blasted by someone under the Christian icon as soon as comments began.
We should be discussing the great God we serve ,and teaching about the promises He Has given through Christ.
I do not understand the divide among Charismatic's and us as well.
Some friends and I would like to see positive change in the movement, away from the controversial televangelist who bring so much strife against us.
I personally believe we should become a denomation to avoid the antics we see.
We could reach more people who have preconceived notions about us.
What I see as a problem is the televangelist who bring so much strife against us remain silent.
They say and do things to be targets and we all pay.
I agree their are other Ministers such as Wommack, Bronner, Sheriff, and non denominations or full Gospel like Schambach, Hagee and so on.
With our members here we could put out solid threads that teach others our beliefs.
Stick around try not to give up yet, you may be suprised how much inpact our unity can have.
God Bless

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
What is missing is the reason for this movements.
We teach things that seem controversial yet are fundemental Bible.
Even if Word of Faith is no longer, the doctrine will be among nondenominational Churches forever.
It is a very special truth that many are not mature enough to discern.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks... post well taken.

As I delve into Apolgetics, I see the same accusations over and over again.
It is hard for me to believe people can be so ignorant that they continiue to say the same things.
We have had a lot of hurt feelings here do to no WOF attacking many of the threads ,while ignoring the statement of Faith.
I disagree with you on the worn out topics, we could refer to other Ministers in the movement , if we were not blasted by someone under the Christian icon as soon as comments began.
We should be discussing the great God we serve ,and teaching about the promises He Has given through Christ.
I do not understand the divide among Charismatic's and us as well.
Some friends and I would like to see positive change in the movement, away from the controversial televangelist who bring so much strife against us.
I personally believe we should become a denomation to avoid the antics we see.
We could reach more people who have preconceived notions about us.
What I see as a problem is the televangelist who bring so much strife against us remain silent.
They say and do things to be targets and we all pay.
I agree their are other Ministers such as Wommack, Bronner, Sheriff, and non denominations or full Gospel like Schambach, Hagee and so on.
With our members here we could put out solid threads that teach others our beliefs.
Stick around try not to give up yet, you may be suprised how much inpact our unity can have.
God Bless

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
IMHO.

we used to be able to discuss a wide range of subjects and debates. No more. So not a lot of life here. No growth.
Is the lack of growth & not a lot of life due to focussing only on receiving blessings & healing etc and not on knowing God & Christ better according to John 17:3 which is indeed eternal life, as well?

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is the lack of growth & not a lot of life due to focussing only on receiving blessings & healing etc and not on knowing God & Christ better according to John 17:3 which is indeed eternal life, as well?

Creflo dollar has recently taught on several YouTube lessons on Knowing God if you (or anyone) has interest. They are excellent!

308586_ff8ab49451ea8ac19264d2598c86b7b8.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Creflo dollar has recently taught on several YouTube lessons on Knowing God if you (or anyone) has interest. They are excellent!

308586_ff8ab49451ea8ac19264d2598c86b7b8.gif
Do you mean to say Word of faith movement isn't just speaking to our situation for a deliverance & healing but more?

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you mean to say Word of faith movement isn't just speaking to our situation for a deliverance & healing but more?

Of course! Much more Simon. Look up the word sozo in either Greek or Hebrew. Just to have a little fun here on your behalf of course... Do you realize how many times you start out your post responses with, "Do you mean to say...?" Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Just having a little fun. Did you flunk English class in high school too?

Harry

Word of Faith.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Of course! Much more Simon. Look up the word sozo in either Greek or Hebrew. Just to have a little fun here on your behalf of course... Do you realize how many times you start out your post responses with, "Do you mean to say...?" Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Just having a little fun. Did you flunk English class in high school too?

Harry

FYI, I passed out with distinction (Honours) in English. I appreciate your fun.

Now, what's next? Just... speak the Word only... for your situation!
Instead of "just speak" for a solution from lack, do you agree we could add knowledge of God's faithfulness that extends back to His unchanging eternal plan & purpose?

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
FYI, I passed out with distinction (Honours) in English. I appreciate your fun.

Instead of "just speak" for a solution from lack, do you agree we could add knowledge of God's faithfulness that extends back to His unchanging eternal plan & purpose?

Hi Simon... Yes, to your question, If... God's unchanging eternal plan and purpose is centered around this...

(John 6:40) "For this is the will of my Father, that *everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
Well, we know that I flunked English which was in my junior year btw, but... *everyone still means everyone and it's very impressive that you achieved excellence in English by passing with distinction, and "Honours" spelled ----> Honors. (I would usually add a smiley face here but my old PC died on me and I lost somewhere around 500 GBs of data).

Thank you for appreciating the fun but it's only fun if its' working both ways, right?

Have a good day...

Harry

Word of Faith.gif

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Hi Simon... Yes, to your question, If... God's unchanging eternal plan and purpose is centered around this...

(John 6:40) "For this is the will of my Father, that *everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
Well, we know that I flunked English which was in my junior year btw, but... *everyone still means everyone and it's very impressive that you achieved excellence in English by passing with distinction, and "Honours" spelled ----> Honors. (I would usually add a smiley face here but my old PC died on me and I lost somewhere around 500 GBs of data).

Thank you for appreciating the fun but it's only fun if its' working both ways, right?

Have a good day...

Harry

everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life,

Does John 6:40 mean "it is God's unchanging eternal plan & purpose for everyone without exception to look on the Son without fail"? Can His eternal plan & purpose be hindered (Ephesians 1:11:" who accomplishes all things according to his counsel and will")?

Did you flunk English class in high school too?

Is it proficiency in a language which ensures one has truth or is it the Father's sovereign will which ensures one has truth (Mathew 11:25,26:"
At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.
26 Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do")?

Upvote 0