• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The Final Atonement - The Last Yom Kippur

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by visionary, Jul 29, 2005.

1. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+6,163
    Messianic
    That will be the day that there is final justifcation for the entire sacrificial system, the final work of the High Priest, the final sanctification, purification,and its application in our lives.

On the big picture, it means when this time is over there is no more Savior for sinners to confess to. The service is over. Those who are sinners will be sinners still, those who are righteous will be righteous still. Can you imagine you mind without a conscience? No small voice telling you it is wrong. Now imagine a world of people who have no conscience, no small voice telling them it is wrong. The Temple will have its final day when the Lord will leave the Temple, take off His robes as the High Priest, and put on His Kingship robes to come and rescue His people. What happens on heaven happens on earth. We are the Temple of God, and our temple service is on the same schedule as the Lord's or it is not.

So how is the Lord going to wind up this whole conflict of separating sin from sinner? Is it not found in the sanctuary services, especially when the sanctuary is cleansed on Yom Kippur.

God knows that is the way you feel. It is sin that is separating you from Him. God has no desire for you to feel this way about Him. God has prepared a way, to take sin, the stumbling block that separates you from Him out of the way.
    He knew that this would happen when we wander to far away from Him. He laid out a plan, that would bring us back to Him in the only way that it can be done.
    The Temple services in the outer court are the first introductions that a sinner has to how God is going to reconcile man with Himself. Since sin can not exist in the presence of God and without God, we would cease to exist. There has to be a way made for God to save the sinner. There was a way provided that sin can be separated from the sinner. It involved sacrifice. Out of love, Yeshua volunteered before we were even created, before the foundation of the world..
    Come close to God and see that He is good. Come closer to God and see that He is your only hope of salvation. Come closer to God and find the emptiness in your heart can only be filled with God. God is what is missing in your life. Without God, you become critical, cruel and bitter. You see everything in a harsh manner. You may not even realize how horrible you are or are becoming.
    You are created as a Holy Temple of God in which God should dwell. You were made to have God dwell within you. You will not feel whole until you let Him into your life in a real and enduring sincere way. Those with the tender heart and repentant spirit, will see the need to not sin any more, and pray that they will not. Sin cripples, and slowly destroys you. Sin sets you up to die. You need to also see that you are to sin no more.
    Without God, you are spiritually dead. There is more than one death. These two deaths, a spiritual and physical death, Yeshua died each in turn.
    This is where Yeshua took into his pure lovely spirit the fallen sinful nature of us all which separated Him from His Holy Father. The spiritual death came at this spiritual separation from His Holy Father. He drank into Himself who we were and, instead of saying, "My Father", He said, "My God, My God why have you forsaken me"? Yeshua was crying out in our place because God had forsaken Him who became sin for us. This was an unfair trade, one we will never be able to repay.
    Sin had separated the Son from the Father. It was devastating for both the Father and the Son to be separated for the first time in all of eternity. We probably will not truly understand the incredible sacrifice our God did in dying for us until we sit at His feet and learn from Him the immense sacrifice God made. This type of devotion that God has for us, to send His Only Begotten Son to die for us, that we may live, is beyond anything that we have experience here on earth.
    For a lot of us, there has been no one that has loved us with that much love and devotion. Now we have a glimmer that God loves us, more than we truly understand. What love. What undeserving deep abiding selfless love. God’s true character shines forth with every breath He took on this earth.
    In verse fifty of Matthew twenty-seven you can read about the physical death. Yeshua "cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up His spirit." giving up His life for us became the ultimate sacrifice for our sins.
    Love can get no greater than that, for someone else to die in our place. God’s purpose is to separate us from sin, and so that we have a way to be free from being slaves to sin. You can die to the old ways and live a new life in Christ. A way has been prepared for you to live a new life with God. God will impart into your heart with the removal of sin, a new start. A new beginning, that is also given strength and vigor from His Holy Spirit to live a godly life.
    People who read the scriptures, before Christ died, did not understand all the wisdom of God in the temple service performed daily in the outer court yard but they did understand that the lamb was dying in their place. Though they had been told, they may have not seen that God himself would provide the Lamb to be condemned and put to death because of our sins.
    We, today understand that Yeshua is the Lamb of God.
    So just how does the Lamb of GOd take away the sins of the world? Has it happened yet, is anyone sinless yet because they know, repent and serve Yeshua?

The altar of burnt offering was where the drama was played out, a shadow of Yeshua Christ, our sacrifice. This drama is played out in your heart every day. Daily these sacrifices of your heart are your loving services to God.

Just as the unblemished animals were sacrificed with the laying on of hands and the shedding of its blood, Yeshua Christ came to us as the Son of God and bore the condemnation of all our sins. Just as the sacrificial offerings were to take on all sins through the laying on of hands and confession and then their blood shed, He accepted all the sins of the world passed onto Him and bore the condemnation of these sins by shedding His blood on the cross.

In this way, the altar of burnt offering is the altar of our heart. The fulfillment of the sacrificial services at the altar with the horn at every corner, was fulfilled by His sacrifice.
    This part of the sacrificial system we have studied and know well. We have seen its fulfillment in the testamonies of Paul and other writers. Next I would like to dig deeper into the fulfillment promises found in Yom Kippur

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Charles YTK

Charles YTK Well-Known Member

+142
    Messianic
    Married
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. They are a blessing.

If I might, I will share one thing here that I do not agree with. I do not believe God ever turned his face away from Yeshua even on the cross. He will not turn his face away or abandon us ever. If he abandoned Yeshua at his most testing hour, will he not abandon us also?

There is another explanation.

In that culture and time, the scriptures did not have names, chapters breaks and such. A section was known by it's opening verses. For example Bersheit, "In the Beginning" is the Hebrew name for Genesis. The name of Psalm 22 is "My God My God, why have you forsaken me". When the identifying verse is read the entire connected verses are recalled from memory. Just as when I say 'Mary had a little lamb', most her can continue the rest in their mind without me saying it. So while on the cross Yeshua is saying to the Jews around him, "Remember the scriptures, they speak about me. Before your very eyes they are fulfilled. I am your Messiah."

If we read the Psalm we see that it is a depiction of the crucifixion.
    PS 22:1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? . . . [6] But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. [7] All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, [8] He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. [9] But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. [10] I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.. . . [13] They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. [14] I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. [15] My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. [16] For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. [17] I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. [18] They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

This event of calling these verses to mind was Yeshuas last ditch effort to call to faith and salvation even those who were standing before him, many whom may have been responsible for his death.

Also I would suggest that Messiah is our High Priest but he is also King already and rules now. Like Melckezedek he is both King and priest at the same time.

I hope you receive this comment wih the love in which I have sent it.

Charles

3. MyZz

MyZz Regular Member

+15
    Christian
    Single
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Charles YTK again.

Yep:thumbsup:

4. Steve Petersen

Steve Petersen Senior Veteran

+3,212
    Deist
    US-Libertarian
    In Hassidic forms of Judaism you will find the concept of the 'Tzaddik' who suffers for the sins of Israel.

5. visionary

+6,163
    Messianic
    Learning the Jewish mind thought, we can agree and still see both to be true.

God's displeasure is often shown in darkness like the night of the Passover when the angel of death travelled through Egypt.

Wait, it is two jews, three opinions.... hmmm.

Yeshua says, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

So the Lord is talking to His Father.... The verse is scriptural and should bring to the minds of the people the rest of the psalm... and the darkness of the hour should remind them of the time of the Passover in Egypt.

6. visionary

+6,163
    Messianic
    Now knowing the judgement of the Lord has an appointed time, called the Day of Atonement, it is important to learn more about this appointed time and what to expect. I want you to understand that when the Lord comes to His temple it will be fast, suddenly. For those that are prepared for it , this will be a time of great rejoicing, for those who are unprepared it will be the judgement that they so feared.
    As soon as God prepares His people through the messages of what is in the fall feasts they will happen. We need to study them for the prophectic fulfillment here in the near future. For in learning we prepare ourselves to be where God wants us to be. Just like being in the upper room on Pentecost, not exactly knowing what to expect but where God wants us.
    Think about it, if God suddenly came to your mind, and all the secret things are revealed in their true light, how would you feel, what you do and how would you respond to such an event.
    God has prepared a time table for the last events of earth's history hidden in the fall feasts. While we celebrate the Lord's feasts, we often overlook the prophectic story they tell.
    Because of hardness of heart, there will be people will not listen to the message that would have prepared them as to what is about to come upon the world, leaving them unprepared for the reality of the event.
    This quote is definitely speaking of those unprepared. God prepares His people for what is coming upon the world. We find the ark of salvation in the sanctuary and the fall feasts.
    God will show us. Taking down that curtain in your mind, that most people use to mentally separate themselves from God, God suddenly shows up in all His majestic Holiness. Today it is your sins that separate you from God like a curtain. They are what keeps you from seeing God.
    Charles, this is where I get the idea that Yeshua upon accepting the sins of the world was separated from His Father. We really have to understand just how deadly sins are. Yeshua could not die until the "flesh" accepted the sins upon himself in our stead.

We see darkly, but the day will come when we will see clearly. God will tear down that curtain suddenly in the day that He said He would.
    Mourning for the only son, Yeshua, God’s people will be rejoicing when He comes to their temple, in the real way which is more awesome than there are words to describe the experience. It will a totally different event for them.
    The Lord knows that only He is the one for His bride. He will come suddenly to her, which is our minds, the Temple of God, at the appointed time. It is important for believers to be ready at the appointed time for the experience with God, that is so necessary for us to prepare to live with God forever.
    This verse also reminds me of the wedding, which I will get into because there is two sides of the atonement, those who accept and are invited to the wedding and those who reject and are cast out.
    With these important thoughts on the value of what we are about to understand, let us prayerfully proceed. The 2300 day prophecy was given to prepare the mind of men, for the coming of God to His temple, which is your mind, for the final cleansing necessary, or for the judgment of the mind that will not stay cleansed. Do you remember the story that Yeshua told about the house that was cleansed of demons and later after the demons came back to find the house cleaned, and they gather legions to fill this house, which Yeshua declared was worse than the first.
    So it is at the time of the final cleansing, when the Little Horn enters the heavenly sanctuary and stops the daily sacrifice. There is no one to save people from their sins.
    There will be nothing stopping the demons from entering the minds of men, and then the most terrifying period of earth's history will begin. We know this because there will be, for that period of time, no daily sacrifice in the heavenly sanctuary and therefore no mediator between God and sinful man!
    If GOd is forsaken is their any need to continue the daily sacrifice offering in the heavenly sanctuary?
    I think that " the world seeth me no more, has a duel meaning... literally and spiritually.
    I wish people would seriously consider that time when there will be no more offering for sin.
    The daily sacrifice which embodies all the merits of the Savior's blood securing pardon, cleansing and protection to those who trust and obey is gone. When this daily sacrifice is blocked by the workings of the devil in overwhelming delusions and deception, then you have an unrestrained Satanic reign of terror throughout the universe.
    IF that is what you want to believe, the Lord seems to be saying... then that is what you will get.
    On earth a time of trouble encloses mankind in the insanity that dwells in the minds of Satan and his demons. Troubles of the kind never been seen before, nor will ever be seen again.
    God has provide a place for His believers, and they shall dwell in His Temple, His pavillion, His tabernacle, during the time of trouble that is unlike any other time in human history. God will deliver everyone that is written in the book at that time.
    Daniel saw it.
    Scripture tells us that during this time the Man of Sin, the Little Horn, the Antichrist will sit on the throne of God and proclaim himself God Almighty!

7. visionary

+6,163
    Messianic
    So what has all this to do with the final atonement.... think about the two goats.

Now that you see the storm that is coming upon the world and upon the those out there in the outer court. Now is the time to go inside the temple of God. Now is the time to understand where is the ark of salvation is and for what is soon to come upon the world and to all mankind. Now it is time for us to put on the fine linen that Yeshua has provided and come in and partake of the priestly bread, the heavenly unleaven bread and the hidden manna. We are to spiritually come closer to the Lord in truth and in spirit. By entering into the heavenly sanctuary, we will learn what God has prepared for us, for the time of trouble. The Lord is our refuge, and He has provided us shelter for what will soon consume the world in wickedness and abominations.
    Before we enter into the Holy Place,
    The Lord coming into His house, you mind will be like a rushing wind. Let us prepare ourselves for the experience. Let us enter into His temple and see what He has prepared for us, that we may know what kind of Temple we are to be for Him to Dwell in. Let us be prepared for that day when He comes, we are awake and not asleep. Just like Pentecost for the disciples, so it will be for those who are to receive the latter rain at its appointed time.
    Have you ever prayer for such ajn experience?
    That is the secret, following, then comes understanding.
    Did you notice that both are in the first month and only a good jew would understand how you can have to first months in one year.
    Just like the Pentacost brought lots of spring rain to the disciples, I believe that we too will have the blessed rain from heaven that we need to mature into the final harvest.