The Fight Is At Your Doorstep: Who're You Standing For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Godzman said:
a football stadium is a public place, thus a form a speech that would not be offensive to the audience can be given.

Both prayers and speeches endorsing homosexuality

I like free speech, the rest of the world seems not to like it to well
The situation was at a Public High school football game. Government sponsored event. The government does not get to choose which is the correct religious belief.

Upvote 0

DianeCourt

My Dog Wants Steak
Nov 10, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟8,677.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Godzman said:
I also think that the freedom of religion establishment clause is not neccesarily a bad things but is poorly defended by the first amendment.

??

Godzman said:
But no it doesn't matter where your at in public as long as your not disturbing the peace, you can pray or talk about homosexuality, should not change anything.

There's a difference between "in public" and "at a public school."
Different forums have different rules/constitutional bindings with respect to religion and speech.

Godzman said:
The public arena is open for all, no a select few

Spot on. Which was my point in my last post. However, a public school is not an open forum.

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Brother Christman

Constitution Party->11.04
Jun 26, 2003
TX, USA
Visit site
✟15,914.00
Faith
Baptist
Sociopath4Jesus said:
No, you've been getting off far too easy. You made the claim, you provide the citation.
Okay, lazy:

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1012225/posts

Sociopath4Jesus said:
Oh I see. None's been presented, but it's perfectly acceptable for you to maintain that the Supreme Court has committed treason against the United States? Ever heard of a little thing called bearing false witness?
I'm "bearing false witness" by pointing out the fact that Ginsberg's admitted studying foreign precedents (while ignoring the American people) in preparation for US Constitutional cases, in effect, shredding the authority of the document she's charged with interpreting?

The landscape of Sociopath land is definitely unique. It's fascinating how the most judgemental people in the world are typically non Christians assessing what (little) they understand of Christians' conduct.

For the record, I'm not saying they should literally be tried as criminals for it under penalty of death - but they definitely don't deserve their benches.

Upvote 0

Brother Christman

Jun 26, 2003
TX, USA
Visit site
✟15,914.00
Faith
Baptist
crazyfingers said:
How about a reputable source before I bother to read it? WorldNut is notorious for lying by omition.
The assumption being that credible entries can only come from something so trustworthy as the New York Times?

Thanks for the grin, bro. ;)

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Secrecy and accountability cannot co-exist.
Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Brother Christman said:
Nice spin,
Apparently you don't understand what the word "spin" means because this is the second time you've used it without justification.

but it's extremely relevant (and I never launched an attack on homosexuals - I oppose homosexuality - please re-read my posts): The special legal considerations made for homosexual "rights" today establish the precedent for pedophile "rights" tomorrow.
It's not relevant at all. It's a logical fallacy--slippery slope. There is no logical connection between homosexuality and pedophilia. I know I'm not the only one who has pointed this out more than once as well. Pedophilia does not involved informed consent. Homosexuality does. Totally different and totally irrelevant.

It also illustrates that you are trying to oppress homosexuals for no real reason that ACTUALLY involves homosexuality. You want to oppress homosexuals because of an illogical slippery slope relating to pedophilia.

Upvote 0

Brother Christman

Jun 26, 2003
TX, USA
Visit site
✟15,914.00
Faith
Baptist
Mechanical Bliss said:
Apparently you don't understand what the word "spin" means because this is the second time you've used it without justification.
This is like a dealer telling a pot-sniffing dog he doesn't know what marijuana smells like. ;)

Mechanical Bliss said:
It's not relevant at all. It's a logical fallacy--slippery slope. There is no logical connection between homosexuality and pedophilia. I know I'm not the only one who has pointed this out more than once as well. Pedophilia does not involved informed consent. Homosexuality does. Totally different and totally irrelevant.

It also illustrates that you are trying to oppress homosexuals for no real reason that ACTUALLY involves homosexuality. You want to oppress homosexuals because of an illogical slippery slope relating to pedophilia.
Mechanical, please go back and read my posts: At no point in this thread have I asserted that there's a direct connection between homosexuality and pedophilia. I've even volunteered that many homosexuals might not support a NAMBLA-inspired law(s).

The point I was making is that legalizing homosexual "marriage" will still set a legal precedent for the "rights" of pedophiles and practitioners of inappropriate behavior with animals to get "married", too. You don't have to intend a home any harm to leave the front door unlocked. Once the house is robbed, though, it's your fault.

Upvote 0

feral

Dostoyevsky was right
Jan 8, 2003
✟12,716.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Who are "they", Brother? The neighbors your Bible tells you to love?

This homophobic paranoia has gone a bit far. The joke isn't funny anymore. Discrimination is not a Christian attitude, hate is not a virtue. I don't know what causes people to be so absolutely terrified of their fellow citizens, but it's beyond pathetic.

Homosexuality is a feeling of attraction one person has for another who happens to be of the same sex. It isn't devil worship, it isn't hate, it isn't a military. It's something that some people consider normal and others problematic. The human beings dealing with same sex attraction need you to understand where they are coming from and to treat them with respect regardless of your personal bias against a very small part of the person they are. They are not trying to trample on you, they are seeking the right to be treated like adults with the wisdom and maturity to conduct their own affairs. They do not expect you to encourage them, they except you to treat them decently and to have some respect for the other aspects of their personalities and lives, the same as you would desire someone to respect you and be civil to you even if they found your religion distasteful, your current relationship sickening or your ideas naive.

Whatever happened to turn the other cheek? Now you want to be the first to lash out. A small minority of individuals is asking for fair and equal treatment and you really are too scared to give them that? Sad.

Tell me something...you ever met someone who is gay? Have you ever held them while they are crying because they are overwhelmed by pressure? Have you ever prayed to ease their struggles and conflicts, not to make them a carbon copy of you but out of sincere love? Have you ever spent a week in an emergency room watching a close friend die because 6 scared little "men" were so scared of his sexuality that they had to kill him? If not, then I suppose I can understand all the propaganda and rhetoric. It must feel good to target people you don't know, blame the evils of the world on them even though you are the majority with the privlege and the power. It must be easy to blame a fictional "agenda" for what you let slip through your fingers. Why be home with your kids when you can write off their violence on "liberals"? Why take part in your community when you can blame the world's ills on gays?

I've never seen a more pathetic post in my life then the OP of this thread.

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Godzman said:
Who said the government had to endorse the prayer, i didn't the government as a whole doesn't endorse Bush in all he says. Why would it do that for prayer or any speech
When it's over the High School lowdspeaker, it's government endorsed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brother Christman

Jun 26, 2003
TX, USA
Visit site
✟15,914.00
Faith
Baptist
feral said:
Who are "they", Brother? The neighbors your Bible tells you to love?
Typical homocentric, we're-the-ones-being-persecuted-and-that-means-your-freedoms-of-speech-and-religion-are-moot response.

"Homophobia" is largely a myth propogated by those of this mentality. I don't fear or hate homosexuals, but neither do I believe being "gay" should entitle you to "rights" that supercede mine (or a majority of America's).

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Brother Christman said:
This is like a dealer telling a pot-sniffing dog he doesn't know what marijuana smells like. ;)
No, it's like telling a person who doesn't know what the word "spin" means that he's using it incorrectly because he uses it without justification. I didn't spin any of your comments.

Mechanical, please go back and read my posts: At no point in this thread have I asserted that there's a direct connection between homosexuality and pedophilia. I've even volunteered that many homosexuals might not support a NAMBLA-inspired law(s).
Then your slippery slope is nothing but an illogical slippery slope that serves no purpose in your justificaiton to oppress homosexuals.

The point I was making is that legalizing homosexual "marriage" will still set a legal precedent for the "rights" of pedophiles and practitioners of inappropriate behavior with animals to get "married", too. You don't have to intend a home any harm to leave the front door unlocked. Once the house is robbed, though, it's your fault.
Nope, you're wrong. By saying that homosexual marriage will "set a legal precident" for legal recognition of pedophilia and inappropriate behavior with animals IS drawing a connection between homosexuality and pedophilia/inappropriate behavior with animals in a paranoid slippery slope fashion.

It doesn't change what I said: It also illustrates that you are trying to oppress homosexuals for no real reason that ACTUALLY involves homosexuality. You want to oppress homosexuals because of an illogical slippery slope relating to pedophilia.

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Ok I'm sick and tired of Christians targetting homosexuals as vile disgusting creatures. Newsflash guys, homosexuals are no more sinners than anyone in here, Christian or not. Homosexuality is not some "higher" sin... and to think so is in itself sick. Why? because we all have the same savior and he forgives all sin, yes my brothers and sisters, even the sin of homosexuality. And I believe it was the great, wise Jesus who once said, "You who is without sin, throw the first stone." So, until one of you guys becomes perfect enough to where you walk on water, don't judge other people. This is why Christians have such a bad name, because they seem to have a knack of targetting a certain group of people and calling them hanous sinners, when in fact, they are as much of a sinner as the christian who is pointing the finger.

Should homosexuality be oppressed?!? NO! Is homosexuality the downfall of society? NO x 10!! The only thing which should be opressed in this country are the people who opress themselves.

G-wiz.

Upvote 0

DianeCourt

My Dog Wants Steak
Nov 10, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟8,677.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Brother Christman said:
Typical homocentric, we're-the-ones-being-persecuted-and-that-means-your-freedoms-of-speech-and-religion-are-moot response.

"Homophobia" is largely a myth propogated by those of this mentality. I don't fear or hate homosexuals, but neither do I believe being "gay" should entitle you to "rights" that supercede mine (or a majority of America's).

Gays being allowed to legally have sex supercedes what right of yours?

Your "right" to prevent it? You do not have that right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brother Christman

Jun 26, 2003
TX, USA
Visit site
✟15,914.00
Faith
Baptist
DianeCourt said:
Gays being allowed to legally have sex supercedes what right of yours?

Your "right" to prevent it? You do not have that right.
"Gays" are having sex as I type this. They don't need to pervert the laws of the United States in order to continue.

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Brother Christman said:
Homosexuals ARE the ones being persecuted!

Your freedom of speech and/or freedom of religion have not been invalidated in any way nor has this been advocated here. If anything, you are advocating that others' freedoms should be ignored because you want special rights.

Neither do homosexuals and no one is advocating that homosexuals be given rights that "supercede" yours.

After all, it's not your right for the government to use your religion to oppress a group of people.

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Brother Christman said:
Same song, different verse: I've made my points and refuted yours. In Sociopath land, however, I've "completely failed". Spin yourself nauseous if you must. The truth's passing you by.
You have provided NOTHING to back up your claim. Now you claim victory? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Brother Christman said:
"Gays" are having sex as I type this. They don't need to pervert the laws of the United States in order to continue.
Being a homosexual is not limited to sex, nor is sex requisite. This is about equal treatment under the law for all people.

After all the "right" to have sex for homosexuals was only granted relatively recently in many states. Apparently you thought that equality for homosexuals in that respect was also unwarranted. Apparently the one who wants to pervert the laws of the U.S. is you.

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Brother Christman said:
The assumption being that credible entries can only come from something so trustworthy as the New York Times?

Thanks for the grin, bro. ;)
I have never seen ONE worldNUTdaily story that did not fake the facts and omit facts to twist a story toward their agenda. Not one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.