The Fight Is At Your Doorstep: Who're You Standing For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thurisaz Sowulo

Jan 14, 2004
Northern Germany
✟206.00
Faith
Pagan
sweetkitty said:
We reap what we sow. When we sow to the flesh, of the flesh we reap corruption and destruction. The reckless abandoning of God’s will to embrace the excesses of pagan hedonism carries a high price. It is past time to expose the lie that we should celebrate the homosexual lifestyle as natural and healthy In fact, it is a disgusting and deadly way of life which enslaves and destroys those who practice it. Everything about it is anti-family, anti-God, anti-Christ.

Ah, paranoia.
Some specific points:
Please define "pagan". I am an Asatruar, a follower of Thor, which probably makes me a pagan by your typical fundie black-or-white definition. There is no evidence (outside christian propaganda) that the Asatruar Germans and Vikings ever engaged in anything remotely similar to wild orgies (that's what you mean with "hedonism", no?).
No one (as far as I know) demands that people "celebrate" homosexuality. We thinking humans just demand equal right, not more, but not less.
If you happen to have any evidence (aside from bigot propaganda websites) for homosexuality being deadly and destructive, please present it. I doubt, though, that this is the case.

All your claims are unjustified to the extreme - pure homophobic hatred. Considering that you told me before that you are an (ex-)homosexual, it comes as no surprise to me.

Upvote 0

Thurisaz Sowulo

Jan 14, 2004
Northern Germany
✟206.00
Faith
Pagan
drfeelgood said:
Irrelevant. That doesn't change the facts. That is not the issue, so don't try and steer us from the issue.

Now that's enough. Your words are perfect proof that you are not interested in the least in discussing facts. You just want to pick-and-choose "facts" that (seemingly) prove you right and ignore everything that contradicts you.

From now on I may or may not answer to the meaningless hatemongering you post here, but don't expect me to take you seriously in any way.

"...but man shall mocking with mockery answer
and fraud with falsehood meet." (Havamal)

Upvote 0

Thurisaz Sowulo

Jan 14, 2004
Northern Germany
✟206.00
Faith
Pagan
sweetkitty said:
The Negative Health Effects of Homosexuality

Issue No.: 232
by: Timothy J. Dailey, Ph. D

http://www.frc.org/?i=IS01B1

You must be really desperate. You feel that you can't suppress your instincts indefinitely, no? And as you tried and tried, in vain, to purge your mind from homosexual desire, you absolutely need to attack others as you can't defeat yourself...

Honestly: You, like "dr feelgood", are nothing but a hatemonger. From now on, don't expect me to treat you with respect. You begged for it, now you live with it.

Upvote 0

Thurisaz Sowulo

Jan 14, 2004
Northern Germany
✟206.00
Faith
Pagan
LightHearted said:
*Mod Hat On*

This thread needs to get back on topic, or it will be closed.

Everyone needs to review this rule:

*Mod Hat Off*

Okay, I'm out. I guess if I read more of all that hatemongering I'll finally become unable to restrain myself.

Final greetings to all the sensible, rational participants in this discussion.

Upvote 0

Maddog

Bipartisan Resolutions.
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
✟154.00
Matthew 5:

Love for Enemies:

43: You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. 44: But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45: That you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46: If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47: And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48: Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 7:

1: Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2: For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

So tell me why is there hate for these things, when it is not wanted, why judge these things, when it is not wanted.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sociopath4Jesus said:
Why are conservative Christians so completely obsessed with gay people anyway?
It's not a matter of Christians being obessed with sin-including homosexuality and other sins.

Jesus stated in Matthew 24 that sin would be ever increasing.

Once again biblical prophecy spealks of ever increasing sin.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kelly said:
We should not be fighting against Gay rights, Gay marriage, etc. We should have compassion for them, as all people and pray for them. It's not our place to judge, reserve that for the big guy upstairs.
Indeed, we should love anyone that is living a life of iniquiy. We should pray for them and state what God's Holy Word proclaoms regarding this matter or any other concerning the nature of sin. It is out of love duty we are commanded to do so.

Upvote 0

Maddog

Bipartisan Resolutions.
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
✟154.00
GySgt said:
Indeed, we should love anyone that is living a life of iniquiy. We should pray for them and state what God's Holy Word proclaims regarding this matter or any other concerning the nature of sin. It is out of love duty we are commanded to do so.
It is out of love of duty that we are asked to go about our lives peacefully and quietly, and let God do his work.
For he knows what is needed, it is not up to us to do it for him:

Matthew 6:

5: And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6: But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7: And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8: Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9: This, then, is how you should pray:

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power,
and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.

For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sociopath4Jesus said:
Jesus couldn't have cared less about people's sexual orientation. So long as they were loving each other, why would Jesus care?
Jesus cares very deeply about one's sexual sin including but not limited to that of homosexuality.

Jesus's first public appearance at the start of His ministry was the attending of a marriage between a male and female.

I dare say that Jesus would not have attented that marriage if it was between two homosexuals.

Jesus cares about sexual sin for the Holy Bible speaks clearly regarding the eternal destiny of those embracing a life of sexual iniquity.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother Christman said:
Those who profess to be "gay" and Christian, however, have gone apostate (and arrogantly assuming we can or should just go back and edit the Bible to deny the truth won't change the facts in His eyes).
This statement is biblically sound for bible prophecy speaks of apostasy and the nature how it shall manifest.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Godzman said:
there are people who still use drugs, and lie, and steal, and get drunk and are Christians, as long as they are striving to end the behaviour they are serving Christ.
Jesus states we can know if an individual is saved (child of God)-by the fruit of the spirit they bear. The Bible states all the above mentioned sins are contrary to to fruits of the spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keithylishus

Equilibrium reactant guy
Oct 28, 2003
✟15,782.00
Faith
drfeelgood said:
Do I really have to go into deeper details about the harms of anal sex? Really?
By the dictionary's definition, it is not harmful, so I don't see how you can.

Did you really think I came into this discussion without doing ANY research on this, especially considering the passion with which I discuss it?
I have a feeling the research you did was entirely focused on left-wing hate sites. Obviously, your research is wrong. Either that, or most doctors are.

However, I'm REALLY getting the feeling this conversation is not appropriate. I'm being put into a position that I have to be explicit to back up my case and I don't want to be there. I'm sorry, but I have to bow out with you as well.
Fair enough.

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thurisaz Sowulo said:
You bigots created the situation where homosexuals have the problems you mentioned. Now you hold against them what you created.
Very good point, Thurisaz. Thanks for being on point!
Bless ya! :wave:

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sociopath4Jesus said:
Once again biblical prophecy spealks of ever increasing sin.

Do you have any statistics to support your implication that homosexuality is increasing within the species? Or are there more homosexuals now because in Biblical times homosexuals were stoned to death?
I'd bet that it only appears that there are more because in the past they were much more afraid to "come out".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.