✟30,735.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The fear of God.

We know that it exists.

But not much more.

Mainly we know it as a fear that ministers use to manipulate members to come to church. The are going to burn in hell if they do not.

But to Paul it was the power to keep the his children in line.

1Ti 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

They were his children in his mind.

1Co 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Part as this anointing of Paul was “shame”

1Co 4:14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

He could warn and use shame and create the “fear of God”

He knew his power.

1Co 4:18 Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.

1Co 4:19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.

1Co 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

1Co 4:21 What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

And he had a “rod” to use.

This rod was obviously the same as God’s rod.

Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

This rod works in relation with the words of the foolish

Pro 14:3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.

Because the foolish is full of pride.

Which is condemned by God. Because it is pride in “self” which God hates.

So if spoken against “self” he reacts. In foolishness.

Which is revealed.

And which cause “fear” because such a person is established in his own foolishness.

Psa 59:10 My God of Gracious Love will meet me; God will enable me to see what happens to my enemies.

Psa 59:11 Don't kill them! Otherwise, my people may forget. By your power make them stumble around; bring them down low, Lord, our Shield.

Psa 59:12 The sin of their mouth is the word on their lips. They will be caught in their own conceit; for they speak curses and lies.

His pride broken down.

Isa 2:12 "For the LORD of the Heavenly Armies has reserved a time to oppose all who are proud and haughty, and the self-exalting—they will be humbled.

Isa 2:13 He will take his stand against all the cedars of Lebanon, against the proud and self-exalting; and against all the oaks of Bashan;

Isa 2:14 against all the high mountains, and against all the lofty hills;

Isa 2:15 against every high tower, and against every fortified wall;

Isa 2:16 against all the ships from Tarshish, and against all their impressive watercraft.

Isa 2:17 "Humanity's haughtiness will be humbled, male arrogance will be brought low, and the LORD alone will be exalted in that day.

Isa 2:18 Their idols will utterly vanish.

Isa 2:19 "They will enter caverns in the rocks and holes in the ground, to escape the presence of the terror of the LORD, to escape the splendor of his majesty, when he arises to terrify the earth.

And now they fear to come to God.

Joh 3:19 And this is the basis for judgment: The light has come into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light because their actions were evil.

Joh 3:20 Everyone who practices wickedness hates the light and does not come to the light, so that his actions may not be exposed.

Joh 3:21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may become evident that his actions have God's approval."

Because there they will be revealed for whom they are.

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

And it is against their pride which is themselves.

Surely “devastating” for them and a rejoicing for us.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The fear of God.

We know that it exists.

But not much more.

Mainly we know it as a fear that ministers use to manipulate members to come to church. The are going to burn in hell if they do not.

1Co 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1Co 4:14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

He knew his power.

1Co 4:19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.

1Co 4:21 What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Pro 14:3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.

Which is revealed.

And which cause “fear” because such a person is established in his own foolishness.

Psa 59:10 My God of Gracious Love will meet me; God will enable me to see what happens to my enemies.

Psa 59:11 Don't kill them! Otherwise, my people may forget. By your power make them stumble around; bring them down low, Lord, our Shield.

Psa 59:12 The sin of their mouth is the word on their lips. They will be caught in their own conceit; for they speak curses and lies.

His pride broken down.

Isa 2:12 "For the LORD of the Heavenly Armies has reserved a time to oppose all who are proud and haughty, and the self-exalting—they will be humbled.

Isa 2:13 He will take his stand against all the cedars of Lebanon, against the proud and self-exalting; and against all the oaks of Bashan;

Isa 2:16 against all the ships from Tarshish, and against all their impressive watercraft.

Isa 2:17 "Humanity's haughtiness will be humbled, male arrogance will be brought low, and the LORD alone will be exalted in that day.

Isa 2:19 "They will enter caverns in the rocks and holes in the ground, to escape the presence of the terror of the LORD, to escape the splendor of his majesty, when he arises to terrify the earth.

Joh 3:19 And this is the basis for judgment: The light has come into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light because their actions were evil.

Joh 3:20 Everyone who practices wickedness hates the light and does not come to the light, so that his actions may not be exposed.

Joh 3:21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may become evident that his actions have God's approval."

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

There are actually passages about fearing the Lord.

32 Bible verses about Fear Of God, Results Of

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are actually passages about fearing the Lord.

32 Bible verses about Fear Of God, Results Of

In addition to those I think it would be good to notice also this:

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear has punishment. He who fears is not made perfect in love.
1 John 4:18

Fear of God can be good and helpful, if it means one respects God. But when one knows God, he knows also that He is good and there is actually no good reason to fear good one. Only if one has done wrongly, fear can be understood, because the good one doesn’t let unrighteousness continue forever.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The fear of God.

We know that it exists.

But not much more.

He knew his power.

Which is revealed.

His pride broken down.

I think I have self pride so I don't know I'm so afraid of God and where I'm going and what's going to happen to me

Upvote 0

Johan Abrahams

Feb 27, 2017
Robertson, South Africa
Visit site
✟30,735.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think I have self pride so I don't know I'm so afraid of God and where I'm going and what's going to happen to me

That is why we need to see God as our Loving Father.

Jer 3:19 But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said, Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me.

Jer 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Jer 31:4 Again I will build thee, and thou shalt be built, O virgin of Israel: thou shalt again be adorned with thy tabrets, and shalt go forth in the dances of them that make merry.

Luk 12:27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Luk 12:28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Luk 12:29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
Luk 12:30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
Luk 12:31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Luk 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

And when fear comes act and speak the Truth
And it will disappear.

1Jn 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1Jn 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

Upvote 0