Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have found that as we condition to "listen with our heart", the voice of the Lord
becomes more familiar to us. We do not hear Him with our ears, but the instruction
still comes into an area of the brain that "hears", creating the effect of hearing
with your ears.

Isaiah 30:21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way,
walk in it, Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left.

There is no question that the Lord prefers to speak to us, to instruct us, in our quiet place,
for
"the Way of the Lord is in the Sanctuary".
However, sometimes He needs to get a word to us NOW, that is when we need to be particularly
adept
at recognizing and knowing "it is the Lord". Think of Abraham on Moriah.
A high intensity situation, at a moment when his hand his raised to slay his son, he still
heard the Voice tell him to hold!

And the Lord could say this of Abraham:
Genesis 22:12 And He said, Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now
I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.
Genesis 26:5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.
"The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom", because the fear of God is to hearken (shemah) to His Voice. This is to receive "wisdom from above". James 3:17

Last edited:
Reactions: andreha