Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hands of God.jpg

The Father's love for each of us

As I age, if there is a stumbling block to my faith; it would be the conviction that God is the unique Father of each individual. It is much easier to believe that God sees humankind but does not see each of us as separate, loved, and sought after. How is the possible? Well as far as we experience life, I would say it is not possible. Yet it happens. God is other, yet not less than we are but something ‘wholly other’ and incomprehensible to the human mind. Even when thinking of ‘Infinite Love’, it goes way beyond anything we can truly understand and the same goes for mercy. Religion gets really crazy and sick, I believe, when we think we have it figured out how God loves and relates to us.

Jesus told us not to judge the soul of another for a reason, we can’t do it, we do not see deep enough even into our own souls. Leave judgment up to God which will be based on truth, love, and compassion. The justice of man is nothing like the justice of God, and seldom leads to reconciliation.-Br.MD

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
As I age, if there is a stumbling block to my faith; it would be the conviction that God is the unique Father of each individual.
Yes and Amen Mark. Back in the late eighties (revealing my age), I used to cringe when I heard
songs with lyrics like "how could you die for me", or "who am I that you would die for me."
My Pastor at that time used to constantly say, "you have to make Jesus your PERSONAL
Lord and Savior. Finally, the significance of that statement hit me like a bolt of lightning!
Until we accept the word of God as applicable to each of us personally, and not just "to the
world", we are bound to continue like Saul, and try to hide from the Lord.
Hebrews 4:13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked
and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

• Winner
Reactions: Mark Dohle
Upvote 0

Mark Dohle

Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta
Visit site
✟44,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes and Amen Mark. Back in the late eighties (revealing my age), I used to cringe when I heard
songs with lyrics like "how could you die for me", or "who am I that you would die for me."
My Pastor at that time used to constantly say, "you have to make Jesus your PERSONAL
Lord and Savior. Finally, the significance of that statement hit me like a bolt of lightning!
Until we accept the word of God as applicable to each of us personally, and not just "to the
world", we are bound to continue like Saul, and try to hide from the Lord.
Hebrews 4:13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked
and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

The Lord does not seem to be in a hurry, so we grow slowly over the years, the Lord bringing good even out of our failures. Thank you.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0