"The Family" on Netflix...what's your thoughts?

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Family | Netflix Official Site

Binged this over the weekend and all I can say is WOW! As Baptists, it sparked a convo with me and some of my fellow Baptist relatives regarding the true meaning behind church and state, and realized not all my family isn't like minded on the concept. Anyway, definitely suggest giving it a watch. Really interesting to conceive.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

Striver

"There is still hope."
Feb 27, 2004
South Carolina
✟24,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've read most of the book. I saw this existed on Netflix the other day, but I have not watched it.

One of the weaknesses in the book, at least to me, seemed to be the argument that because these folks attended various Bible studies together, they're in some sort of massive collusion. Part of this being true would not surprise me, but I have a difficult time seeing such a large and choreographed group accomplishing much of anything. Like-minded, perhaps, but the larger case seems circumstantial.

Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Deception”: “For many shall come in My Name, saying, I am (of) Christ; and shall deceive many.” Deception is one of Satan’s most powerful weapons. The answer to deception is a firm understanding of the Word of God, which translates into a firm understanding of Christ and the Cross.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
“Deception”: “For many shall come in My Name, saying, I am (of) Christ; and shall deceive many.” Deception is one of Satan’s most powerful weapons. The answer to deception is a firm understanding of the Word of God, which translates into a firm understanding of Christ and the Cross.

Who is saying they are the Christ?

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,852.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Chapter 24 - Civil Government
1. God, the supreme Lord and King of the whole world, has ordained civil authorities to be under him and over the people, for his own glory and the public good. For this purpose he has armed them with the power of the sword, to defend and encourage those who do good and to punish evildoers.1

1Romans 13:1–4.

2. Christians may lawfully accept and carry out the duties of public office when called to do so. In performing their office they must especially maintain justice and peace,2 according to the wholesome laws of each kingdom or other political entity. To carry out these duties they are authorized now under the New Testament to wage war in just and necessary situations.3

22 Samuel 23:3; Psalms 82:3, 4. 3Luke 3:14.

3. Because civil authorities are established by God for the purposes stated, we should submit in the Lord to them in everything lawful that they require. We should submit not only for fear of punishment but also for the sake of conscience.4 We ought to make requests and prayers for kings and everyone in authority, so that under their rule we may live a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and honesty.5

4Romans 13:5–7; 1 Peter 2:17. 51 Timothy 2:1, 2.

Upvote 0