The Fall of The Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

good_news

Jesus Saves (or does he?) :cry:
Mar 17, 2002
✟353.00
we are not talking about what we are falling away from, we are talking about Christianity falling, the Church becoming virtually nonexistant... And it is happening WITHIN the next 2000 years not in 2000 years, there is a difference. Astrology is actually quite accurate (ps im a christian) and this time I think it hit bullseye. I mean look around and you dont even need scripture or astrology to see that the fall is ALREADY happening.
JESUS SAVES
-good_news

Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by RKF
You guys are nuts, 2000 years, we will be lucky to get ten more years!

RKF,

We have way longer than 2000 years left. Your thought that we have less than 10 years is not a biblical view.

God bless you. I seriously hope you are acting like you and your family has more than 10 years and is living like it. Our grandchildren and great grandchildren are counting on us!

Upvote 0

good_news

Jesus Saves (or does he?) :cry:
Mar 17, 2002
✟353.00
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] PEOPLE!!!!! We are not talking about the end of the world, we are talking about the fall of the church...and I bet that RKF was talking about that too when he wrote the ten yrs thing, which in fact he is quite right about. It most likely would be MUCH less than 2000 yrs (maybe a 100 yrs...)

Upvote 0

RKF

Apr 3, 2002
texas
Visit site
✟934.00
I am talking about having ten years left. With in ten years the antichrist will rise, the one world government will be in full power and the jews will get to build their third temple. Astrology is this worlds way of not looking to the scriptures, I believe in the scriptures, not the stars. As for the fall of the church it has already begun, and it is being lead by the catholic church, They say that if any religion believes in a god then they can join the world religion. They had a meeting in San Fran., last year and they have signed the treaty if you will, stating the fact that I meantioned.

Here is what Dan said about prophecy, And they that understand amoug the people shall instruct many 11:33 and again in 12:10 None of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Snor Snor

Servant of Jesus Christ
Feb 14, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟524.00
Faith
Christian
You guys, the Church will never fall, Jesus said so. "The gates of hell will never prevail against it," is what He said about the Church. This means that no matter what Satan may try and do, the Church will never fall, it will always exist, and it will always have Christians that please God. :bow: In the last days, or before it I should say, there will be a great falling away. Not everyone will fall away, but many will. Millions, it could be.

(ASV) 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 - Now we beseech you, brethren, touching the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together unto him; to the end that ye be not quickly shaken from your mind, nor yet be troubled, either by spirit, or by word, or by epistle as from us, as that the day of the Lord is just at hand; let no man beguile you in any wise: for it will not be, except the falling away come first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition,. . .

(ASV) 1 Timothy 4:1 - But the Spirit saith expressly, that in later times some shall fall away from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons, . . .

Some will fall away and reject Jesus; but the Church will stand and always stand with faith in Jesus.

God bless ya :)

Upvote 0

RKF

Apr 3, 2002
texas
Visit site
✟934.00
No ye not that you are the temple of the Holy Ghost that makes christians the church, not a building made with hands! The Bible says that exept the days be shortened the very elect might be deceived. The Bible says that there will be a great falling away before the son of perdition be revealed. Read the Bible for what it says not what you make it.
ex-christian sorry to hear about your life, I am sorry that you apparently were hurt some where down your walk with God. I do hope that you can find God again before it's to late Don't take to much stock in what you see on TV about the life of Jesus those people weren't there!

Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
RKF SAID:
The Bible says that there will be a great falling away before the son of perdition be revealed. Read the Bible for what it says not what you make it.

Brother, the son of perdition was already alive and doing his work in Israel at the time Paul wrote about him to the Thessalonians. This event is PAST, not future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

postrib

Feb 7, 2002
✟958.00
Faith
Christian
the son of perdition was already alive and doing his work in Israel at the time Paul wrote about him to the Thessalonians. This event is PAST, not future
I personally don't believe that the end-time great tribulation has started yet, as I don't believe passages such as 2 Thessalonians 2:4 and Revelation 13 and Revelation 11 and Revelation 16, etc., have been fulfilled yet.

Never has any man been worshipped by all the inhabitants of the earth (Revelation 13:8), or had a False Prophet who called fire down from heaven in the sight of men (Revelation 13:13) and made a speaking image of him that must be worshipped on the pain of death (Revelation 13:14-15), and caused a mark to be put on their hand "or" forehead that they might not buy or sell without it (Revelation 13:16-17), which mark may be the name of the man or the number of his name, which is 666 (Revelation 13:17-18). None of this has been fulfilled.

To say that it has plays right into the hands of the False Prophet to come, who could claim "all that is past" and that he really is the end-time Elijah (Malachi 4:5, Matthew 17:11), calling fire down from heaven in order to turn men to the worship of the true God, just as Elijah did (1 Kings 18:37-39), and could claim the mark of the Antichrist's name is no more than a fulfillment of the principle of Revelation 22:4 and 3:12. Christ warned us specifically against being deceived by such subtleties (Mark 13:22-23).

Christ's 2nd coming will be "immediately" after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31), will be seen by every eye (Revelation 1:7), will bring the resurrection and rapture of the entire church (1 Corinthians 15:23, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17), and will destroy the Antichrist (2 Thessalonians 2:8).

http://www.geocities.com/postrib

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.