The Fall of The Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

good_news

Jesus Saves (or does he?) :cry:
Mar 17, 2002
✟353.00
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]... I read about that to, where did you read it from?
Well, they say with in the next two thousand years but many say it will be sooner...we'll see I guess... My personal estimation (based on what I see in todays "new age" world) is that the Church's influence will wane to the point where it is no longer one of the leading religions (well at least not at the top) by the end of this century and will be virtually non existent by 2 hundred years from now...
Maybe its the Coming...maybe not...

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>What is going to happen? I have read that the Church will fall

Your talking about the apostasy, or a falling away from the truth. That is one of the signs of the second coming of Jesus. We are told the Love of many will grow cold. They will be a harlot church, because they are not sanctified, Holy and set apart to God. These are people who call themselves Christians, but they are out watching R rated moves and doing everything the world does. This is not the true Church of God. When Jesus returns, the true church will be out winning souls and doing fine. They will be living a life of victory as a overcomer. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah I was going to mention the Apostasy. I think Apostasy has been growing t0 fold within the last 100 years. About 100 years ago denominations were no existant almost. You were either Christian or not. Then branches of Christianity branched and branched and branched so much, where you have groups of "christians" going to a church which sevres their own beliefs and their own ideas and not of GODS.

The Devil decided the best way to make the church Fall Away, was to do it from the inside.

Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Our bible records the apostasy. It is now history.

The book of Jude was written DURING that endtimes apostasy. Also, we can see St. John battling the enditmes heresy of antichrist in 1 Jn 2:18-19. The purpose of the book of Hebrews was to stave off further defections from the Church at the very time it was falling. Paul was abandoned in Asia by all.

So, Christ's apostles and the first generation of the Church withstood the attack that threatened to extinguish the Church, and the gates of hell can never prevail against Her (Matt 16:18-19). She is one with Christ, flesh of his flesh and bone of His bone -- only if Jesus can fall away can she fall away (Eph 5:30-32). She will never fall away, for she is the agent of God's glory throughout all generations world without end (Eph 3:21).

Upvote 0

good_news

Mar 17, 2002
✟353.00
Im going to go do some more reading on this...it seems to be quite fascinating... it has been recorded in many cultures... When I was reading about wicca I learned that every 2 thousand years we enter into a different astrological configuration (age of scorpio, the age of aries, the age of aquarius and so forth) we have no entered the age of aquarius (NO the 60's were not in the age of aquarius, i dont know who came up with that ridiculous notion). Also the planets are now in a configuration that was only last seen during WWI and the configuration reflects that there will be a lot of change, ppl moving away from the church and so forth and it will eventually fall. There is also the apostasy and I am sure there are others...let me go check hold on

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

good_news

Mar 17, 2002
✟353.00
Originally posted by ex_christian
ooh intelligent ones are among us!
Congrats, you two (b_o_b and good_news, posts # 1 and 2) are one of the few open minded christians I have seen to date.
(post # 10)

Thank you! I try my best... If Jesus taught us anything it was to seek the truth, if we are too caught up in the church's techings and not enough into our own view on things, we may never know the truth, I mean how do we know what is the truth? /how can we have faith w/o first seeking the light w/in ourselves?

I see you are not Christian, you have found your own truth I hope. It is good to have faith in something, all religions are merely theories, it is our job to decide which we will follow, NONE are proven fact. To me Christianity may be the truth but to you it is not.
I respect that! :)

God bless!
-good_news :D

Upvote 0

LyleMetsker

<font color=green><b>V.I.P. Member</b></font>
Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
✟7,682.00
I've got a sneaking suspicion that the fall of the church will be due to lack of finances following some very significant natural disasters that lead to a general economic collapse.

Links to over 100 Christian message boards at:
http://KingdomGospel.com
Home of the Christian Message Board Network!

Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by LyleMetsker
I've got a sneaking suspicion that the fall of the church will be due to lack of finances following some very significant natural disasters that lead to a general economic collapse.

Brother, your talk is treasonous against Christ and His body. For you continue to ignore that His Church ALREADY withstood the endtimes apostasy:

2 Timothy 1:15
This you know, that all who are in Asia turned away from me;

Jude 1:4
I was constrained to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. For there are certain men who crept in secretly, even they who were of old written of beforehand to this condemnation: ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying our only Master, God, and Lord, Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:18-19
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not really of us;

Is it that you HOPE for the Church to fall? You are indeed hoping for CHRIST to fall. For Christ and his Church are one flesh.

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Ok We can compare the age of the church to the 7 churches mentioned in Revelations. I think right now we can compare the church to Laodecia, I think. Bare in mind I probably have the wrong church. :cool: Wasn't Laocedia the church which was luke warm. Neither cold nor Hot. And in the end, aren't they the ones going to say "Oh Lord didnt We prophecy in your name" and they Lord will say "Begone I knew none of you". Or something along those lines?

Help me out here fellas. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

patriarch

Mar 6, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟1,052.00
Faith
Catholic
The fall of the Church? The Age of Aquarius, the configuration of the planets?

I admit that these posts do not point in a good direction, but hey, there is still time for these guys to come to their senses.

Astrology as a source of wisdom is in direct conflict with God. "If anyone lacks wisdom, then let him ask it of God, who give abundantly to all men and does not reproach." James 1:5.

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Well people do predict the future here on Earth, physcics and so on. And some times they are valid. But because they are real doesn't mean they are from God.

And well I know the Bible is valid! Look at how Jesus predicted the destruction of the Holy Temple in Matthew 24:2, wasn't it destroyed in AD 70 by Titus and his soldiers?

You'll probably prove me wrong or try to at least. Whatever floats your boat.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by b_o_b
What is going to happen? I have read that the Church will fall with in the next 2 thousand years, we can already see evidence of this in the world leaving the Church behind and moving toward more "fulfilling" religions, moving toward spiritualism, new age, et cetera.

Please post, ESPECIALLY if you have some more information on this.

Are you putting us on? The church will fall in the next 2000 years?

I don't really think any of us will still be here in 2000 years! I think the end is going to start any day now! :pray:

ex-Christian, let me guess. You were a Christian until something happened that you didn't like, and you decided to blame God for your unhappiness. Since God didn't fulfil all your dreams, you figured that the whole Christian thing was fake, right?

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
By the way, I used to participate in all those religions that you claim are more "fulfilling," and I found them to be very empty after just a short time. And when troubles came, they gave me no hope and nothing to depend on. My life has never been better since I became a Christian, and God has never left me in the cold, even when the worst things happened.

A bad day with Christ is better than a good day without Him!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.