• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The Fall of Babbylon

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Messenger1, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Messenger1

Messenger1 New Member

+0
    Of course it's my opinion. But it's opinion based upon what the Bible says and does not say. It's your opinion that Babylon cannot be Jerusalem. same principle. We all have opinions.

And it's not Jerusalem being accountable for every person slain in human history. You might (or might not) want to search the scriptures and discern what Christ was taklking about when He told the wicked of Israel that the blood of all those slain would be required of them. I'm not making this stuff up. There is a Biblical principle here.

Luke 11:47-51 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
    48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres.
    49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
    50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
    51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

That's not my private interpretation of the blood of all the prophets being required, it's God's very own words. Again, just as Joseph said, "Do not interpretations belong to God?"

My "opinion" is yes, they do.

2. Brain Damage

Brain Damage Generally Medicated

+56
    Christian
    Luke 13
    32And He said to them, "Go, tell that fox, "Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.' 33Nevertheless I must journey today, tomorrow, and the day following; for it cannot be that a prophet should perish outside of Jerusalem.

Jesus Laments over Jerusalem
    (1) 34 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing!

I think the above scripture pinpoints exactly which city is the prophet killer.

So shall Babylon the great city be thrown down with violence, and shall be found no more... 24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of ALL who have been slain on earth."

Did anyone see Yasser Arafat on tv last year ? He shook his fist at the camera and said : The palastinian people will not rest untill the palastinian flag flies over the city of Jerusalem .

It's coming guys...

3. JesusServant

JesusServant do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER

+24
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    While it's definitely something to ponder... remember, it doesn't say the city will be thrown down and ruled by another people, it says it shall be found no more, so if the Palestinians just said, "if we can't have it nobody will!  And completely destroyed it, then the Babylon=Jerusalem theory would prove true.  I still can't ignore what Babylon was and that's an actual nation that conquered Israel and caused TEN tribes to be lost of the twelve.  There is a reason that the word Babylon is used.

4. Prophecy Countdown

Prophecy Countdown Senior Member

+3
    Christian
    Private
    UK-Conservative
    Who is the harlot?
    Ezekiel 16: 1.
    1 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
    2 Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations,

Abraham was an Amorite and Sarah was a Hittite.

3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.

The poor beginnings of the birth of a great nation.

4And as for thy nativity, in the day thou wast born thy navel was not cut, neither wast thou washed in water to supple thee; thou wast not salted at all, nor swaddled at all.

Nobody took pity on this nation at its inception.

5 None eye pitied thee, to do any of these unto thee, to have compassion upon thee; but thou wast cast out in the open field, to the loathing of thy person, in the day that thou wast born.

The state of this young woman/nation was that she received no help from those that lived round about. They just passed her by even to the point of loathing her for her state. Until the Lord passed by and took pity on her.

6And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

It was with the Lord’s hand that the nation of Israel increased. if you follow the line of the early chosen women such as Abraham’s wife Sarah, Isaac’s wife Rebekah and Jacob’s wife Rachel, They were all barren.
    Even though these were barriers to the increase a nation, it was still achieved by the promise of God.

Ezekiel 16: 7. I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.

God made a new covenant, with Israel when she was old enough to understand and the people of Israel were His people.

8Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine.

By the covenant of God the woman, the young nation was made clean and was anointed as His. He provided the clothing of modesty. Dressed her with fine linen and silk and badgers skin.

9 Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.

10 I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers’ skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk.

He not only clothed her, He gave her wealth, gold, silver, jewels, and He fed her good food and she was beautiful and prospered into a kingdom.

11 I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck.

12 And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.

13 Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.

It was God that made this child that nobody liked, even to look upon, into a beautiful woman and into a nation.

14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.

The change was sudden, she realised her own attractiveness and forgot that, that was from God.
    She becomes the harlot that rides the 4th beast in Revelation 17, that commits fornication with the nations. It is by her actions, clothing and jewels that she can be identified. The Lord also goes into great detail as to what she had from Him and what she douse with these things.

Ezekiel 16:15. But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.

16 And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so.

17 Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them,

Rev 17:3. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17: 4. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Rev 17: 5. And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The woman above was in the wilderness Ezekiel 16:1, 14. Where God took her and cared for her and she became the “prostitute” in verse 15 and the same woman is named as Babylon in Rev 17:5.

Maranatha.

5. Brain Damage

+56
    Christian
    It's good to see you again PC.
    And another good post as usual. ;)

6. JesusServant

JesusServant do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER

+24
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I thought this was about Babylon not the Harlot. You guys do realize they refer to two different things right?

7. Prophecy Countdown

+3
    Christian
    Private
    UK-Conservative
    Hi Brain Damage, I am sorry for being away for so long, but I have been studying Daniel and Revelation and bringing them together.
    It is good to see that you are still here. I hope and pray that you are well.

I have been reading your posts with great interest,,,, it is good to be back.
    your brother in Christ.
    P C.
    ps three ships for Tassie mate, I might set up B & B on the farm, sure beats cattle farming.

8. Prophecy Countdown

+3
    Christian
    Private
    UK-Conservative

Rev 17: 5. And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

9. Brain Damage

+56
    Christian
    Quote JesusServant - but I don't think the city of Jerusalem can be held accountable for every slain person in human history, that doesn't hold water.

JS If you could stand post Armageddon and look back at all the destruction , death , and carnage , What would you say was the cause of it all?

10. Rafael

Rafael Only time enough for love

+302
    Christian
    Married
    I believe that Babylon is a money system that exits now in Europe's 10 nation commonwealth. It has already started to oppose the United States, and the IMF (International Monetary Fund) has assets so vast that they exceed the GNP of most world powers. As directed by the one-world organization that is now being put into place, the IMF could govern and cause the rise and fall of major governments. A financial disaster in America could accelerate this drastically, especially since we are dissipating our assets and resources at a great rate in trying to police the world - as currently we are doing. This winter is supposed to have severe shortages of natural gas, and our nation is more vulnerable to attack from those that hate us, and whose numbers grow every year. Expect disaster, this winter, to our gas reserves. The good times and easy living are nearly over. Then, when we are weakened and need help, people will be even more open to the idea of a one government ruled world with a money system that will require allegience to the Babylon money system. There will be riots and the only real currency will be hard currency or food. Even now many of America's forces are headed by UN generals, but this will become more the normal when this system takes over, and this is also why there is a push to have us all disarmed in America. It's a whole lot easier to control a gunless population.

This money system is practically set up - complete and ready to go, and is one of the last things ready to be put in place. I think that most of the other things prophecied have been fulfilled, and the time of the Gentiles or fullness of Gentiles ended with the Six Day war in 1967, when Jerusalem came under the rule of the Jews for the first time in 2,573 years. The Dome of the Rock is the abomination that desolates and was supposed to cover the Holy of Holies, but the Muslim governor of that time, Abd el Malik actually missed when having it built, and it sits on top of the Gentile court, which actually fulfills another Revelations prophecy:
    Rev.11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
    Dome of the Rock built (started) 688AD, 42 months = 1278.34 days, 688.66AD + 1278.34 years = 1967AD

11. JT

JT Regular Member

+2
    Christian
    Single
    UK-Conservative
    There are lots of identifying charachteristics showing, if not proving that America is Babylon. I think it is absent minded to think that the most powerful nation on Earth will not play a deciding part in the end times, and I fear it's not going to be a happy ending, which American Christians mostly refuse to believe.

Babylon is one Nation, a nation that creates all the end time systems of the world - economic, religious etc.In other words Babylon THE NATION is responsible for the Babylonian system it creates.

With one accord, the prophets say that Babylon is a single nation, born from England. It is America, the nation Babylon, that is held responsible By GOD for all the evils that spread over the whole earth. It is from Babylon the city within the natural boundries of the country, that all of these systems are spawned and nourished by the rich men of Earth. In short, NEW YORK CITY, the graetest city in America, is held by God as being the chief instigator of all the false systems.

Many people need to realise, and think logically rather than quoting from ancient manuscripts, what is displeasing to God and harmful to mankind. Right now, America fits the bill perfectly as being the most anti-Christian, debased nation on Earth by a mile, and logically, will be destroyed as a natural consequence. I believe this will be at the hands of Russia.

Pointers to Babylon as America:

1) It has a mother (England)
    2) The last of the great nations ( Jeremiah)
    3) Sat on many waters.
    4) Whom the leaders of the Earth have joined in prostitution, leading many astray
    5) A nation full of lewdness / vice
    6) Many races, languages (only America)
    7) Glorified herself
    8) Rules over the nations

I think you get the point, we all know the pointers.

12. Prophecy Countdown

+3
    Christian
    Private
    UK-Conservative
    J T's Quote.
    "Many people need to realise, and think logically rather than quoting from ancient manuscripts."

I think you should understand that many people realise that it was God that spoke to these old Testament Prophets, and told them what to write in those "Old manuscripts."

What has God asked you to write?

13. cbk

cbk Guest

+0
    But, this too can be said of the United Nations.

1) It has a mother (the world) (or the League of nations) (or Babylon -- via the makers of the tower of Babel)
    2) The last of the great nations (that rules the earth)
    3) Sat on many waters.
    4) Whom the leaders of the Earth have joined in prostitution, leading many astray (the U.N. far greater than the U.S. fulfills this)
    5) Nation of lewdness/vice (many of the countries of the U.N. help to bring this stigma into this organization)
    6) Many races, languages (the U.N. 'empire' far more than the U.S., thus reversing God's decision to seperate wicked man that WAS united at Babel)
    7) Glorified herself (the U.N. more than the U.S. -- the U.N. has a statue of a man beating a sword into a plowshare which shows us that it believes it can bring peace; I don't see the U.S. placing itself above God to the likes of the U.N.)
    8) Rules over the nations (The U.N. rules over the nations about as much as the U.S.)

Granted, the U.S. has lent its power to the U.N., and through this, the U.N. is strong. But, just because New York may represent Babylon, the city, we must be careful of labeling the U.S. (alone) as Babylon, the empire.

Remember, New York is NOT the capital of the U.S. HOWEVER, New York IS the capital of the U.N. This should be an important clue to those of us looking at New York as the capital of Babylon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.