Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Picking up where we left off, The prophet Joel prophesied The Trumpet is being blown because the day of the Lord was at hand. I also mentioned about the parable of the 10 virgins of which only those who had sufficient oil were prepared. What was the difference between the wise and foolish virgins. The wise had understanding and when the time came to awake were prepared.

The prophet Joel speaks of those in mourning in chapter 1:

Joe 1:6 For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.
Joe 1:7 He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white.
Joe 1:8 Lament like a virgin girded with sackcloth for the husband of her youth.
Joe 1:9 The meat offering and the drink offering is cut off from the house of the LORD; the priests, the LORD'S ministers, mourn.
Joe 1:10 The field is wasted, the land mourneth; for the corn is wasted: the new wine is dried up, the oil languisheth.

The wise will see the desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel of which Christ gave reference:

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

And you may say that this is about temple sacrifice, and it is, for the temple sacrifice was observed and followed by those who were partakers of the afflictions of Christ for doing the will of God.

2Ti 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

Give close ear to what I say: The daily sacrifice foreshadowed the sufferings of Christ and His body the Church for doing the will of God. His will shall be performed indefinitely. But His Will will not always be with sufferings, but the sufferings came because of the evil that surrounded the righteous. The light or fire of this operation was the execution of judgment which manifested the way of Christ:

Isa 4:4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

The sufferings with the persecution and tribulation in this operation was a sign of the righteous judgment of God to bring to light by manifesting the way of Godliness in Christ.

2Th 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
2Th 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

The "burning" of the offering is the sufferings of the body of Christ and for these sufferings, along with the offering came the wine and grain offerings. The goodness of the grain, wine, and oil. With the sufferings (burning) came the consolation:

2Co 1:3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
2Co 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
2Co 1:5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
2Co 1:6 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.
2Co 1:7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

The sufferings of the gospel and grace of the consolation went hand and hand, empowered with the light by the execution of judgment. Paul realized that the sufferings from affliction were rewarded with the consolation:

Col 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind(lacking) of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

As long as there was light, and thus people doing the will of God, the afflictions continued along with the consolation. Confusion and darkness moved in and the will of God was soon replaced with the will of men and there was a cutting off:

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

In the Joel prophecy, this cutting off has taken place:

Joe 1:5 Awake, ye drunkards, and weep; and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth.

Joe 1:9 The meat offering and the drink offering is cut off from the house of the LORD; the priests, the LORD'S ministers, mourn.

Paul wrote in Philippians that he was being poured out upon the sacrifice and service of faith like a drink offering:

Php 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
Php 2:17 Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.

He was a vessel holding Gods Word spoken for the edification of faith which comes from hearing the Word. Like a wine, it brings Spirit of Joy to the obedient but to those who remove their ears from the truth it brings delusion or spiritual drunkenness.

Deu 29:19 And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:

Paul said this was going to happen:

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

This is the casting down of the truth spoken of in Daniel:

Dan 8:12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

Casting down by turning from the will of God (Spiritual) to the will of man (carnal).

Understanding these things is from God, and this is the initial blast of the trumpet to warn us what has transpired, and to show us what must take place.

Followed by the Feast of trumpets is the Day of Atonement. A day of affliction of one's soul.
A time to humble one self and get in the right perspective with God. The Joel prophecy brings this out:

Joe 2:12 Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
Joe 2:13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
Joe 2:14 Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God?
Joe 2:15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:

Because of those who will understand and repent and turn to God, there will be a restoration. This needs to be because the feast of Tabernacles follows and it is a celebration of the increase of the Earth. You do not want to show up empty handed when God demands His increase of glory, honor, and praise.

Deu 16:13 Thou shalt observe the feast of tabernacles seven days, after that thou hast gathered in thy corn and thy wine:
Deu 16:14 And thou shalt rejoice in thy feast, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy manservant, and thy maidservant, and the Levite, the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, that are within thy gates.
Deu 16:15 Seven days shalt thou keep a solemn feast unto the LORD thy God in the place which the LORD shall choose: because the LORD thy God shall bless thee in all thine increase, and in all the works of thine hands, therefore thou shalt surely rejoice.
Deu 16:16 Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the LORD empty:

The prophet Joel shows that God will restore His Goodness to those who know and do His will:

Joe 2:21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things.
Joe 2:22 Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength.
Joe 2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
Joe 2:24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil.
Joe 2:25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
Joe 2:26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
Joe 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

If you have had the patience and understanding to read all of this, you are not that far from the day of Gladness, that God is beginning to speak to man and bring forth the substance of His hope as you are hearing the trumpet:

Num 10:10 Also in the day of your gladness, and in your solemn days, and in the beginnings of your months, ye shall blow with the trumpets over your burnt offerings, and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings; that they may be to you for a memorial before your God: I am the LORD your God.

Proverbs says that the hope of the righteous is gladness, and if your hear and see His judgments concerning Christ, you may have just witnessed the new moon, a light that shines in darkness.

Pro 10:28 The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish.

Psa 97:8 Zion heard, and was glad; and the daughters of Judah rejoiced because of thy judgments, O LORD.

Hos 6:5 Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.

The Fall Holy Days shall come with the manifestation of God's will, and not everyone doing what is right in their own eyes:

Rev 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

God bless you all who hear and understand this report.

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Looks to me you rewrote a new Gospel to follow.

The OT door was closed with the words "it is finished". The Spirit of Truth teaches us now, and Jesus never said it would speak of those who prepared the for the great event. (the resurrection). I'll follow the event, rather than those who prepared for it.

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Looks to me you rewrote a new Gospel to follow.

The OT door was closed with the words "it is finished". The Spirit of Truth teaches us now, and Jesus never said it would speak of those who prepared the for the great event. (the resurrection). I'll follow the event, rather than those who prepared for it.

Funny you should mention the Spirit of Truth.

Psa 119:151 Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.

Psa 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth

Psa 119:43 And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.

What is the difference?

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Funny you should mention the Spirit of Truth.

Psa 119:151 Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.

Psa 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth

Psa 119:43 And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.

What is the difference?

The Holy Spirit within Jesus revealed the spiritual truth, It never existed in the OT, which is why they tasted death.

Your answer was right in front of you:

Jesus and the Holy Spirit is the only truth of the true God. Period.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Holy Spirit within Jesus revealed the spiritual truth, It never existed in the OT, which is why they tasted death.

Your answer was right in front of you:

Jesus and the Holy Spirit is the only truth of the true God. Period.

So your saying that Moses and the prophets were not moved by the Holy Spirit?

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Angels spoke to Moses (Acts 7). Moses did not get his information from heaven.

John 6:
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven, but my Father giveth you that true bread from heaven.

Why would I go back to listen to something that "didn't" come from heaven (where the Father is) when I can listen to Christ and get the the unabridged information? People do it. Because they are told to by men.

Read Galatians to understand the difference between the law and it's fulfillment.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

John 6:
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven, but my Father giveth you that true bread from heaven.

Why would I go back to listen to something that "didn't" come from heaven (where the Father is) when I can listen to Christ and get the the unabridged information? People do it. Because they are told to by men.

Read Galatians to understand the difference between the law and it's fulfillment.

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

John 6:

I know Galatians. Do you at least observe the 10 Commandments?

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I know Galatians. Do you at least observe the 10 Commandments?

I do not see them as spiritually profitable. I seek and follow the spiritual will of the Father.

Those who followed the Law went to the grave (Hades) until Christ went to them in spirit (when he gave up the ghost). Only then were they saved. Matthew 27:52

The power to resurrect is now in Christ. I follow him. The OT was closed when he said "it is finished".

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not see them as spiritually profitable. I seek and follow the spiritual will of the Father.

Those who followed the Law went to the grave (Hades) until Christ went to them in spirit (when he gave up the ghost). Only then were they saved. Matthew 27:52

The power to resurrect is now in Christ. I follow him. The OT was closed when he said "it is finished".

So, the 10 commandments are not the will of the Father?

Hey, I agree were not under the Law, but to me, the Law has a spiritual counterpart which the carnal mind cannot see. There is a physical Sabbath, and there is a Spiritual Sabbath. There is a physical adultery, and there is spiritual adultery, and so on and so on. The Spirit of Truth follows the Spiritual Commandments. If you are led by the Spirit, it will guide you in the path of Mercy and Truth. It will follow the Commandments of God according to God's Spiritual intent. Christ came and with His death ended the carnal commandments but the Spiritual side has not been fully accomplished yet:

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The Law is Spiritual:

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

If it were up to Satan, the whole law would just go away! But, He is a great deceiver and has incredibly deceived the world into thinking the law is bad and to be banned from the Earth. If it wasn't for the 10 commandments, I would hate to think of the condition of the world. It would be pure chaos.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So, the 10 commandments are not the will of the Father?

Hey, I agree were not under the Law, but to me, the Law has a spiritual counterpart which the carnal mind cannot see. There is a physical Sabbath, and there is a Spiritual Sabbath. There is a physical adultery, and there is spiritual adultery, and so on and so on. The Spirit of Truth follows the Spiritual Commandments. If you are led by the Spirit, it will guide you in the path of Mercy and Truth. It will follow the Commandments of God according to God's Spiritual intent. Christ came and with His death ended the carnal commandments but the Spiritual side has not been fully accomplished yet:

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The Law is Spiritual:

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

If it were up to Satan, the whole law would just go away! But, He is a great deceiver and has incredibly deceived the world into thinking the law is bad and to be banned from the Earth. If it wasn't for the 10 commandments, I would hate to think of the condition of the world. It would be pure chaos.

The law Christ gave is spiritual (of the mind). Moses law was flesh.

Christ basically said how can you you lie, cheat, steal, lust, kill another if you love them like yourself. You wouldn't do it to yourself, so your love should be equal for your neighbor as well. Love returned to the Father that comes from the Father is the first. And that love we have from the Father is given to all others, just as the Fathers love is given to them. This is being one with the Father through the son.

We can only trust the one Father through the son. Earthly parents become neighbors, because we are of their flesh, and Christ taught against flesh. Days aren't holy. The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath. There is no waiting to worship for the Spirit that now lives within us. Rest is for the flesh.

The difference is spirit and flesh. Love the one hate the other. Luke 14:26

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The law Christ gave is spiritual (of the mind). Moses law was flesh.

Christ basically said how can you you lie, cheat, steal, lust, kill another if you love them like yourself. You wouldn't do it to yourself, so your love should be equal for your neighbor as well. Love returned to the Father that comes from the Father is the first. And that love we have from the Father is given to all others, just as the Fathers love is given to them. This is being one with the Father through the son.

We can only trust the one Father through the son. Earthly parents become neighbors, because we are of their flesh, and Christ taught against flesh. Days aren't holy. The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath. There is no waiting to worship for the Spirit that now lives within us. Rest is for the flesh.

The difference is spirit and flesh. Love the one hate the other. Luke 14:26

How would you know about lie, cheat, steal ,lust and kill if you didn't know God's commandments?

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
How would you know about lie, cheat, steal ,lust and kill if you didn't know God's commandments?

I don't get it. When one has unconditional love, they wouldn't do those things whether they knew the law or not. Just saying "do unto others...." can be a good law.

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't get it. When one has unconditional love, they wouldn't do those things whether they knew the law or not. Just saying "do unto others...." can be a good law.

Your right, you don't get it.

2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

God's Word is the source for the instruction of believers unto good works. But your right, you don't get it.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Your right, you don't get it.

2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

God's Word is the source for the instruction of believers unto good works. But your right, you don't get it.

lol.......... Titus was written decades after Pauls death.

The letters as reflecting the characteristics of emergent Catholocism. The arguments presented above are forceful, but a last consideration is overwhelming, namely that, together with 2 Peter, the Pastorals are of all the texts in the New Testament the most distinctive representatives of the emphases of emergent Catholocism. The apostle Paul could no more have written the Pastorals than the apostle Peter could have written 2 Peter.- N Perrrin. Other scholars agree.

What I do get is that the spirit is "all" truth. Not the written words of men with political purpose.

John:
Howbeit, when he is come which is the spirit of truth, he will lead you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, shall he speak, and he will show you the things to come.

Ephesians:
9 (Now, in that he ascended, what is it but that he had also descended first into the m]">[m]lowest parts of the earth?

10 He that descended, is even the same that ascended, far above all heavens, that he might n]">[n]fill o]">[o]all things.)

This is when he descended first to Hades, to save the Jews that had died.

Matthew:
51 a]">[a]And behold, the b]">[b]veil of the Temple was rent in twain, from the top to the bottom, and the earth did quake, and the stones were cloven.
52 And the c]">[c]graves did open themselves, and many bodies of the Saints, which slept, arose,
53 And came out of the graves
after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Completely in line with Secret John:
I entered into the midst of darkness and the inside of Hades, since I was seeking (to accomplish) my task. And the foundations of chaos shook, that they might fall down upon those who are in chaos and might destroy them. And again I ran up to my root of light, lest they be destroyed before the time.

And I entered into the midst of their prison, which is the prison of the body. And I said, 'He who hears, let him get up from the deep sleep.' And he wept and shed tears. Bitter tears he wiped from himself and he said, 'Who is it that calls my name, and from where has this hope come to me, while I am in the chains of the prison?' And I said, 'I am the Pronoia of the pure light; I am the thinking of the virginal Spirit, who raised you up to the honored place. Arise and remember that it is you who hearkened, and follow your root, which is I, the merciful one, and guard yourself against the angels of poverty and the demons of chaos and all those who ensnare you, and beware of the deep sleep and the enclosure of the inside of Hades.

The explanation of John says a lot more than the men you follow.

And it proves this comment from Jesus:

John:
32 n]">[n]Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily I say unto you, Moses gave you not o]">[o]that bread from heaven, but my Father giveth you that true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

John:
48 x]">[x]I am that bread of life.
49 Your fathers did eat Manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 y]">[y]This is that bread, which cometh down from heaven, that he which eateth of it, should not die.
51 z]">[z]I am that aa]">[aa]living bread, which came down from heaven: if any man ab]">[ab]eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Bet you get it enough to think "bread" is something made by Sara Lee.

Good luck with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lol.......... Titus was written decades after Pauls death.

The letters as reflecting the characteristics of emergent Catholocism. The arguments presented above are forceful, but a last consideration is overwhelming, namely that, together with 2 Peter, the Pastorals are of all the texts in the New Testament the most distinctive representatives of the emphases of emergent Catholocism. The apostle Paul could no more have written the Pastorals than the apostle Peter could have written 2 Peter.- N Perrrin. Other scholars agree.

What I do get is that the spirit is "all" truth. Not the written words of men with political purpose.

John:
Howbeit, when he is come which is the spirit of truth, he will lead you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, shall he speak, and he will show you the things to come.

Ephesians:
9 (Now, in that he ascended, what is it but that he had also descended first into the m]">[m]lowest parts of the earth?

10 He that descended, is even the same that ascended, far above all heavens, that he might n]">[n]fill o]">[o]all things.)

This is when he descended first to Hades, to save the Jews that had died.

Matthew:
51 a]">[a]And behold, the b]">[b]veil of the Temple was rent in twain, from the top to the bottom, and the earth did quake, and the stones were cloven.
52 And the c]">[c]graves did open themselves, and many bodies of the Saints, which slept, arose,
53 And came out of the graves
after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Completely in line with Secret John:
I entered into the midst of darkness and the inside of Hades, since I was seeking (to accomplish) my task. And the foundations of chaos shook, that they might fall down upon those who are in chaos and might destroy them. And again I ran up to my root of light, lest they be destroyed before the time.

And I entered into the midst of their prison, which is the prison of the body. And I said, 'He who hears, let him get up from the deep sleep.' And he wept and shed tears. Bitter tears he wiped from himself and he said, 'Who is it that calls my name, and from where has this hope come to me, while I am in the chains of the prison?' And I said, 'I am the Pronoia of the pure light; I am the thinking of the virginal Spirit, who raised you up to the honored place. Arise and remember that it is you who hearkened, and follow your root, which is I, the merciful one, and guard yourself against the angels of poverty and the demons of chaos and all those who ensnare you, and beware of the deep sleep and the enclosure of the inside of Hades.

The explanation of John says a lot more than the men you follow.

And it proves this comment from Jesus:

John:
32 n]">[n]Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily I say unto you, Moses gave you not o]">[o]that bread from heaven, but my Father giveth you that true bread from heaven.
33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

John:
48 x]">[x]I am that bread of life.
49 Your fathers did eat Manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 y]">[y]This is that bread, which cometh down from heaven, that he which eateth of it, should not die.
51 z]">[z]I am that aa]">[aa]living bread, which came down from heaven: if any man ab]">[ab]eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Bet you get it enough to think "bread" is something made by Sara Lee.

Good luck with that.

I prefer Little Debbie donut sticks.

Bread is good, proverbs talks about it:

Pro 9:4 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,
Pro 9:5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.
Pro 9:6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Do you think Christ read the bible as a youth and learned from its teachings? Do you think that is where He learned His Father's instructions?

Luk 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

He saw His Father's instructions in the OT.

Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

If there is some other instruction manual out there I'd like to know.

The only difference between the OT and the NT is UNDERSTANDING! And that is by the grace of God!

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I prefer Little Debbie donut sticks.

Bread is good, proverbs talks about it:

Pro 9:4 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,
Pro 9:5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.
Pro 9:6 Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Do you think Christ read the bible as a youth and learned from its teachings? Do you think that is where He learned His Father's instructions?

Luk 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

He saw His Father's instructions in the OT.

Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

If there is some other instruction manual out there I'd like to know.

The only difference between the OT and the NT is UNDERSTANDING! And that is by the grace of God!

Same with the NT and Gnostic texts. I've seen both sides in completeness. 26 years of Orthodoxy (Music minister, youth minister for the church) and the (Taboo) Gnostic books. The latter completes the Gospel and Paul on a much higher spiritual level, IMO.

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Same with the NT and Gnostic texts. I've seen both sides in completeness. 26 years of Orthodoxy (Music minister, youth minister for the church) and the (Taboo) Gnostic books. The latter completes the Gospel and Paul on a much higher spiritual level, IMO.

I take it that you and Paul are likeminded? Paul was a great pillar of the church with great wisdom.
The world has deceitfully abused his teachings.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I take it that you and Paul are likeminded? Paul was a great pillar of the church with great wisdom.
The world has deceitfully abused his teachings.

I couldn't agree more. Paul taught the Gentiles who had no previous religion to "deal with". They were uncircumcised of the flesh and didn't follow the Torah. Yet they could and did become the same Christians (sons of the Father) the Jews were offered.

In Pauls church, all followers of Christ were saints and he addressed them that way. Orthodoxy changed that words to honor only those men who promoted their ideology of darkness, obtained by including the darkness of the old ways, with the light of the world which is Christ Jesus.

These men of such ideology said that they had the Holy Spirit passed to them by the flesh from Peter (hands). And taught that their hands had the power of heaven (celestial authority over men). But when they (so called) received this spirit, they became liars, murderers, and perverts of children.

The church is the bride of Christ. The body (of each person) is where the Holy Spirit resides. His marriage vow is with the individual (that makes up the body/church). As sons (and daughters) of the Father, our marriage is the vow to the spiritual family, and not a physical family.

Luke says:
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters: yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Jesus is talking of hating the flesh of what we see as family, to love our spiritual family. Not to hate mom and dad, but to put Father and Mother above them.

Here is something that Catholic Orthodoxy forbids you to read:

Gospel of Thomas:
(101) <Jesus said,> "Whoever does not hate his father and his mother as I do cannot become a disciple to me. And whoever does not love his father and his mother as I do cannot become a disciple to me.

Same words almost, with a further explanation.

The Catholic Orthodox (church "fathers) have the church call them fathers and father. But we who know, know who our true Father is. And our Mother. And our brethren.

Jesus is the son of the Father who taught us how to be sons of our Father.

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I couldn't agree more. Paul taught the Gentiles who had no previous religion to "deal with". They were uncircumcised of the flesh and didn't follow the Torah. Yet they could and did become the same Christians (sons of the Father) the Jews were offered.

In Pauls church, all followers of Christ were saints and he addressed them that way. Orthodoxy changed that words to honor only those men who promoted their ideology of darkness, obtained by including the darkness of the old ways, with the light of the world which is Christ Jesus.

These men of such ideology said that they had the Holy Spirit passed to them by the flesh from Peter (hands). And taught that their hands had the power of heaven (celestial authority over men). But when they (so called) received this spirit, they became liars, murderers, and perverts of children.

The church is the bride of Christ. The body (of each person) is where the Holy Spirit resides. His marriage vow is with the individual (that makes up the body/church). As sons (and daughters) of the Father, our marriage is the vow to the spiritual family, and not a physical family.

Luke says:
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters: yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Jesus is talking of hating the flesh of what we see as family, to love our spiritual family. Not to hate mom and dad, but to put Father and Mother above them.

Here is something that Catholic Orthodoxy forbids you to read:

Gospel of Thomas:
(101) <Jesus said,> "Whoever does not hate his father and his mother as I do cannot become a disciple to me. And whoever does not love his father and his mother as I do cannot become a disciple to me.

Same words almost, with a further explanation.

The Catholic Orthodox (church "fathers) have the church call them fathers and father. But we who know, know who our true Father is. And our Mother. And our brethren.

Jesus is the son of the Father who taught us how to be sons of our Father.

What similarities does the righteousness of Christ have with the righteousness of God?

Upvote 0