✟38,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
2 Timothy 2:2. And the things that you have heard of me among many witnesses,
the same commit unto faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

The Memorials of God exist to perpetuate the memory of His intent and purpose. A faithful man understands that his commitment is not only to learn and live in the Remembrance of
the Lord, but also to discipleship and the passing on of the doctrine of Christ to faithful men.
This was integral to the calling of Abraham.

To Command your Children and your Household
Isaiah 18:19. For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

This testimony of God concerning Abraham is echoed in the testimony of Cornelius.
Acts 10:2. A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave
much alms to the people, and prayed to God always.

A righteous man instructs others in the way of the Lord to keep right judgment.
Psalm 106:3. Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that does righteousness
at all times.

To Love what He Loves
Psalm 33:4, 5. For the word of the Lord is right; and all his works are done in the Spirit of Truth.
He loves righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.

To love righteousness and judgment is to abide in His presence by the Spirit of Truth;
for "righteousness and judgment is the habitation of His Throne."

Last edited:
Reactions: Arc F1

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2 Timothy 2:2 is better translated "faithful people." The Greek is wide open to that possibility, and our English translations should be as well. Now... if your theology makes you believe that the "people" are all men, that's fine. People can be men. But let's not let our Bible translations make a more narrow selection than the original language.

and what you have heard from me through many witnesses entrust to faithful people who will be able to teach others as well. 2 Timothy 2:2 (NRSV)

And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. 2 Timothy 2:2 (NIV)

Take the things you heard me say in front of many other witnesses and pass them on to faithful people who are also capable of teaching others. 2 Timothy 2:2 (CEB)

And the fact is, righteous women can and should do all the same things as the Scriptures you provided above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
A Righteous Nation under God
Jeremiah 22:3. Thus saith the Lord; Execute judgment and righteousness, and deliver
the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the
stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

We stir up our hearts by the Remembrance of His compassion for those who are afflicted.
Psalm 103:6. The Lord executes righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.

Genuine conversion is only accomplished by the righteousness from above.
Isaiah 1:27. Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.

Born from Above
1 John 2:29. If you know that he is righteous, you know that every one that does righteousness
is born of him.

This is the work of the Holy Spirit through faithful men.
John 16:8. And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness,
and of judgment.

Upvote 0