✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luke 1:38 (NASB20)
And Mary said, “Behold, the Lord’s bond-servant; may it be done to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One can be said to be living by faith when one’s faith sees that one can do no more towards the forming of Christ in oneself then Mary did towards the forming of Christ in her womb…. For Mary believed the word of God spoken to her, which believing allowed God to work through her womb’s natural ability to grow a life in her….. The same being true about the natural ability of the new birth to grow Christ’s life in one is unleashed by one’s faith and desire towards the growing of this new life…. This is why one can not manifest more of Christ then to the degree the new birth has come to life, for the new life can not grow faster then one’s faith will allow the new life to grow, which is the living out of the scripture ‘taking hold of that for which I was taken hold of for’…Therefore having the faith of Mary becomes the blueprint for growing the new life in one, for faith being a choice, choosing to have the faith of Mary and believing into one’s new birth in Christ is the will choosing to believe into the salvation that is offered in Christ…

For faith, and a stedfast believing as Mary believed is the one thing the new life needs to grow itself in one’s inner most being…. It is refusing to maintain this believing with one’s will that is that that prevents one from experiencing the growing of this new life…. For the new life coming to birth manifests itself by the new birth itself overcoming all the works of one’s fallen nature….

For choosing to not believe is choosing to be one’s own god…. To choose to not believe is self saying it believes itself rather than God…. The reason being; self does not yet know itself, has not yet seen its utter inability to work the works of righteousness, it does not yet see it must die to itself to free itself from itself; therefore it’s need to die in the death of Christ…. It has not yet been brought to the place where it would willingly enter into death to be freed from sin…It chooses to hang onto it’s life therefore it must do such and such to the procuring of God’s salvation, not yet seeing that salvation is a free gift of a new life growing in one’s inner most being and just receiving this free gift of a new life is that which is required to experience the deliverance the heart aches for…

For all else but a simple receiving by faith is self trying to establish a righteousness of its own…. All that is not like what Mary said when the Angel came to her and she said ‘may it be done to me according to your word’ is self doing it’s own works…. For the truth ‘it is no longer I that live but Christ that lives in me’ is the living out of the faith of the words Mary spoke… For actively believing in one’s death and resurrection with Christ is the faith that will see Christ being formed in one’s inner most being…

Be blessed in that forming….

A fellow believer, Not me

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Mary said, “Behold, the Lord’s bond-servant; may it be done to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One can be said to be living by faith when one’s faith sees that one can do no more towards the forming of Christ in oneself then Mary did towards the forming of Christ in her womb…. For Mary believed the word of God spoken to her, which believing allowed God to work through her womb’s natural ability to grow a life in her….. The same being true about the natural ability of the new birth to grow Christ’s life in one is unleashed by one’s faith and desire towards the growing of this new life…. This is why one can not manifest more of Christ then to the degree the new birth has come to life, for the new life can not grow faster then one’s faith will allow the new life to grow, which is the living out of the scripture ‘taking hold of that for which I was taken hold of for’…Therefore having the faith of Mary becomes the blueprint for growing the new life in one, for faith being a choice, choosing to have the faith of Mary and believing into one’s new birth in Christ is the will choosing to believe into the salvation that is offered in Christ…

For faith, and a stedfast believing as Mary believed is the one thing the new life needs to grow itself in one’s inner most being…. It is refusing to maintain this believing with one’s will that is that that prevents one from experiencing the growing of this new life…. For the new life coming to birth manifests itself by the new birth itself overcoming all the works of one’s fallen nature….

For choosing to not believe is choosing to be one’s own god…. To choose to not believe is self saying it believes itself rather than God…. The reason being; self does not yet know itself, has not yet seen its utter inability to work the works of righteousness, it does not yet see it must die to itself to free itself from itself; therefore it’s need to die in the death of Christ…. It has not yet been brought to the place where it would willingly enter into death to be freed from sin…It chooses to hang onto it’s life therefore it must do such and such to the procuring of God’s salvation, not yet seeing that salvation is a free gift of a new life growing in one’s inner most being and just receiving this free gift of a new life is that which is required to experience the deliverance the heart aches for…

For all else but a simple receiving by faith is self trying to establish a righteousness of its own…. All that is not like what Mary said when the Angel came to her and she said ‘may it be done to me according to your word’ is self doing it’s own works…. For the truth ‘it is no longer I that live but Christ that lives in me’ is the living out of the faith of the words Mary spoke… For actively believing in one’s death and resurrection with Christ is the faith that will see Christ being formed in one’s inner most being…

Great post.
Mary gave God the great YES...
You've explained growing in the ways of God very well !

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great post.
Mary gave God the great YES...
You've explained growing in the ways of God very well !

Thanks and blessings, to the experiencing of that growing may we give our all to Him….

Be blessed, Not me

Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,377.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've never looked at the story of Mary that way before and it sure makes sense in such a fleshly way! How the flesh can explain the spiritual is what the bible is about in it's micro to macro way. All hail King Jesus from such humble beginnings to fill us with Himself in mind and body as His people.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never looked at the story of Mary that way before and it sure makes sense in such a fleshly way! How the flesh can explain the spiritual is what the bible is about in itsAnd may micro to macro way. All hail King Jesus from such humble beginnings to fill us with Himself in mind and body as His people.

Greetings and may our experiencing of Him be ever the greater….

Be blessed in that greater, Not me

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,377.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Greetings and may our experiencing of Him be ever the greater….

Be blessed in that greater, Not me
Thank you for posting that! It really is the Christmas message for today and always.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Therefore having the faith of Mary becomes the blueprint for growing the new life in one, for faith being a choice, choosing to have the faith of Mary and believing into one’s new birth in Christ is the will choosing to believe into the salvation that is offered in Christ…
Hi Not me, I saw your post and want to comment. You may not be aware, but although Mary believe the angel and was a faithful servant, she was no more faithful than any of God's other servants mentioned in the bible. God chose Mary to be Christ's mother, but her faith is not a blueprint for growing the new life in the believer unto salvation that is offered in Christ. Mary's faith does not make us righteous because she was already under the law. What make us righteous is the faith of Abraham who at the time the promise was made, it was made to Abraham when there was no law.

Romans 4:13, "For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the. righteousness of faith. 14 "For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect.

Romans 3:16, "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace, to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all.

Galatians 3:6, "Even as Abraham believed God and it was accounted to hm for righteousness"

Galatians 3:7, " know ye therefore that they which are of the faith, the same are the children of Abraham."

Galatians 3:8, "And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In the shall all nations be blessed." (this blessing is our new birth in Christ unto salvation)

Galatians 3:9, "So they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham"

Galatians 3:29, "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise. (The promise made to Abraham, not Mary).

Last edited:
Reactions: nhisname
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Not me, I saw your post and want to comment. You may not be aware, but although Mary believe the angel and was a faithful servant, she was no more faithful than any of God's other servants mentioned in the bible. God chose Mary to be Christ's mother, but her faith is not a blueprint for growing the new life in the believer unto salvation that is offered in Christ. Mary's faith does not make us righteous because she was already under the law. What make us righteous is the faith of Abraham who at the time the promise was made, it was made to Abraham when there was no law.

Romans 4:13, "For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the. righteousness of faith. 14 "For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect.

Romans 3:16, "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace, to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all.

Galatians 3:6, "Even as Abraham believed God and it was accounted to hm for righteousness"

Galatians 3:7, " know ye therefore that they which are of the faith, the same are the children of Abraham."

Galatians 3:8, "And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In the shall all nations be blessed." (this blessing is our new birth in Christ unto salvation)

Galatians 3:29, "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise. (The promise made to Abraham, not Mary).
Thank you for your thoughts, may you be blessed in your relationship, and in the experiencing of our Lord….

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi,
The above is all true.

I just want to say that there is a big difference...
Mary carried the human God in her body.

I'm not catholic, but I really tire of the effort made by protestants to downplay the role of Mary.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
The above is all true.

I'm not catholic, but I really tire of the effort made by protestants to downplay the role of Mary.
Ooops, senior moment, answered the wrong post, sorry…

Not me

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
The above is all true.

It really doesn’t matter what a particular denomination say or believe - down play Mary or not, it doesn’t matter because they didn’t write the Bible, nor was the Bible inspired by man. If the Bible does not bare witness to something that’s being taught, then it is not true, in fact, it is false doctrine, and we have made it up, it’s heresy. Our opinions don’t matter - only God’s Word and commands.

To oppose one doctrine and identify with another? - well the doctrine of Christ (the gospel) is our guide to discern all other doctrine.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It really doesn’t matter what a particular denomination say or believe - down play Mary or not, it doesn’t matter because they didn’t write the Bible, nor was the Bible inspired by man. If the Bible does not bare witness to something that’s being taught, then it is not true, in fact, it is false doctrine, and we have made it up, it’s heresy. Our opinions don’t matter - only God’s Word and commands.

To oppose one doctrine and identify with another? - well the doctrine of Christ (the gospel) is our guide to discern all other doctrine.
Try reading Luke.

Who assembled the bible?

I don't operate on opinion.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Try reading Luke.

Who assembled the bible?

I don't operate on opinion.
What scriptures in Luke are you referring to and what point are you making?

Please let me know who you think assembled the Bible with scripture to back you up, not your opinion!

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What scriptures in Luke are you referring to and what point are you making?

Please let me know who you think assembled the Bible with scripture to back you up, not your opinion!
The scriptures referring to Mary.
My point is that she was favored by God.

And the bible should say who assembled it?
When do you think this happened?
When was the bible assembled?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures referring to Mary.
My point is that she was favored by God.

And the bible should say who assembled it?
When do you think this happened?
When was the bible assembled?
Hi GodsGrace101, I was asking you for scripture references. You are right, she was favored, but Moses was favored. King David was favored and was the apple of God’s eye. Etc, etc.

Can you explain when you think the Bible was assembled - by who and how many people?

Here are two narrated videos with history of the Bible and reformers. I hope you enjoy the historical work done in them.

God bless you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi GodsGrace101, I was asking you for scripture references. You are right, she was favored, but Moses was favored. King David was favored and was the apple of God’s eye. Etc, etc.

Can you explain when you think the Bible was assembled - by who and how many people?

Here are two narrated videos with history of the Bible and reformers. I hope you enjoy the historical work done in them.

God bless you!
Going to watch your videos but I know something of church history, no expert.
Later...

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God bless you!
Didn't watch it all.
It's not really history but shows the side of the reformers. IOW, it's biased.
I agree that all these things happened.
But it doesn't even go back far enough.

Do you believe you know how the bible got assembled by watching those videos?

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn't watch it all.
It's not really history but shows the side of the reformers. IOW, it's biased.
I agree that all these things happened.
But it doesn't even go back far enough.

Do you believe you know how the bible got assembled by watching those videos?
History of actual events cannot be bias.

“A Lamp in the Dark” is history of those Christians who were killed for their faith. It goes through the first bibles that were written/translated and how those bibles were distributed to the people, and how they suffered much opposition. Finally it gives the history of when and how the King James Bible was translated using certain material from the Bible’s that were already in existence.

If you have more in-depth information about Bible history to share, please do!

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
History of actual events cannot be bias.

“A Lamp in the Dark” is history of those Christians who were killed for their faith. It goes through the first bibles that were written/translated and how those bibles were distributed to the people, and how they suffered much opposition. Finally it gives the history of when and how the King James Bible was translated using certain material from the Bible’s that were already in existence.

If you have more in-depth information about Bible history to share, please do!
Yes, I'm aware of the above and I did say that I agreed with what the video showed.

But, as I said, it didn't go back far enough.

Many Protestants (I'm Protestant) won't accept church history - I don't really understand why.

While John was still alive, the letters of Paul were already circulation...also the letters of the other writers.
The gospels were written after the letters but this is of no consequence.

We have manuscripts that do not agree 100% with each other, written at different times within the first 2 centuries,
but they agree on every important doctrine - there are slight differences which do not affect Christian beliefs.

At some point, after the 4th century, it was decided to put all the gospels and letters that were synoptic into one book, the New Testament.
The late 300,s if I remember correctly.

At that time, at a church Council, the books that were to be included in the NT were canonized,,,accepted as authoratative and put into an official list.

There were other authoratative writings too, but for whatever reason, they were not included in the NT.
One was The Letter of Barnabas, and one from Clement of Rome, and I think one from Ignatius (who was taught by John).

This can easily be looked up on the internet - I'm not an expert.

I'd also like to add that the original church remained faithful to Jesus' teachings till about the year 300, and then it began to crumble into something that was no longer recognizable hundreds of years later.

And then, yes, all those things on the video happened.
Tyndale is indeed a sad story...
And many others.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I'm aware of the above and I did say that I agreed with what the video showed.

But, as I said, it didn't go back far enough.

Many Protestants (I'm Protestant) won't accept church history - I don't really understand why.

While John was still alive, the letters of Paul were already circulation...also the letters of the other writers.
The gospels were written after the letters but this is of no consequence.

We have manuscripts that do not agree 100% with each other, written at different times within the first 2 centuries,
but they agree on every important doctrine - there are slight differences which do not affect Christian beliefs.

At some point, after the 4th century, it was decided to put all the gospels and letters that were synoptic into one book, the New Testament.
The late 300,s if I remember correctly.

At that time, at a church Council, the books that were to be included in the NT were canonized,,,accepted as authoratative and put into an official list.

There were other authoratative writings too, but for whatever reason, they were not included in the NT.
One was The Letter of Barnabas, and one from Clement of Rome, and I think one from Ignatius (who was taught by John).

This can easily be looked up on the internet - I'm not an expert.

I'd also like to add that the original church remained faithful to Jesus' teachings till about the year 300, and then it began to crumble into something that was no longer recognizable hundreds of years later.

And then, yes, all those things on the video happened.
Tyndale is indeed a sad story...
And many others.
Thanks for the history. I plan to look up some things you mentioned. I was reading the Bible the other day and noticed Paul mentioned that a letter to the Laodiceans should be read, Colossians 4:16. So that letter to the Laodiceans was also not included in the NT.

So true that the original church is not recognized today, but we have the Holy Spirit that leads and guides us in all truth. We must still remain faithful to Jesus and pray for a true heart and discernment.

Yes it is so sad what Tyndale and others had to endure. They fought to get the Bible to the plain people, which include us today, so that all would come to know Jesus.

May Gods bless you abundantly!

Upvote 0