America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only a few years ago, Franklin was getting about $750,000 a year from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association AND the >$500,000 salary from Samaritan's Purse, at the same time!

The great irony here, is that Billy Graham founded the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) :D

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would be far less inclined to give to a ministry where the head honcho makes $200k a year and uses it to pad his accounts and accumulate wealth, than I would be inclined to give to a ministry where the man makes a million a year, but lives modestly and uses his wealth to further the Kingdom.

One man has his mind set on earthly things, and the other on heavenly things, and if the man is heavenly-minded if his personal affairs, I know his ministry will also bear fruit in keeping with the same mindset.

Righteous. Full of wisdom and goodness. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Another factor to consider, least it sound too much like I'm passing judgement on anybody here, is that many people donate to the man not the ministry. In the case with Billy Graham, there may be some who donate to his ministry out of respect and love for him, and would not do so if he were not still tied to the ministry and receiving funds from it. The gifts are given with the express intent that Mr. Graham gets a portion of the money, yet the tax deduction is also a must.

Not being in a position to fully understand this type of situation, I know I cannot determine what integrity demands. :cool:

Also, the personal needs of each individual in ministry varies from one to another. Do they have excessive medical bills? Have they been sued by someone who hates God and is striking out at them because of it, and have a large settlement to pay?

As Faulty so aptly said, the salary is meant to keep your eyes off of earthly things. This does mean different amounts for different people!

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Why would an inquiry of a public figures wealth be equated with digging up dirt?

Aren't you the one who said "you have to dig for it" in regards to finding bad stuff out about Billy Graham? Sorry if I misunderstood. However, on the other hand, I know of no scripture that talks about the ministry of "digging" into other peoples lives looking for improper use of their money.

I'm reminded of one show that I saw on MASH. In it, I believe it was Winchester had given a shipment of chocolate candies to an orphanage for the children to enjoy. He found out a few days later that the priest had sold the chocolate candies on the black market. He went to that priest and grabbed him by the throat and threatened to kill him. He told the priest he had given those candies for the children and not for the money the priest had gotten for it. The priest explained that candies would not keep the children alive. He had used the money to buy bread for the children.

PS my ref to dirt was not about a persons income but about "bad stuff" about a public figure. I understood the poster to say if you did you'll find all kinds of bad stuff about public figures....whether it's true or not.

I'm going to unsubscribe now, it's defeats the point I'm making by continuing a conversation that demeans Billy Graham.

Upvote 0