Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought this kind of thread would be fun. Post music videos or clips of tv shows and commericials from the 1980s or post some other favorite memories of the 80s. Just have fun and enjoy yourself.

And now I'll start us off...

Last edited:
Reactions: TomCS

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
..watching the video game shows on Saturday morning late 80s early 90s like "Video Power."
And of course the video game cartoons to match.

I used to like the cartoon: Captain N: the Game Master. Teenager gets sucked in to his TV & exists in a world populated with characters from Nintendo games. It was cool..

Upvote 0

Note

Borg Drone
Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
I used to like the cartoon: Captain N: the Game Master. Teenager gets sucked in to his TV & exists in a world populated with characters from Nintendo games. It was cool..

Ah, yes, Captain N. How vein Simon was... good times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
"Sixteen Candles " with Molly Ringwald is by far and away my favorite movie, especially with how un-politically correct it is. The film would never be allowed to be made today given the snowflake and SJW culture.
2 words "Molly Ringwald"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CrossTheTaiga

Ad astra per aspera
Mar 14, 2006
Zaanstreek Waterland
Visit site
✟57,498.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^Netherlands here. And I certainly remember Super Gran!:)

In the meantime, my little brother and I were blowing snot-bubbles of happiness because of:

06355ab7dec4e403f76fdc38a9b9d1f1.jpg

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but Netflix has a documentary series called, "The Toys That Made Us." It includes commercials from the time for the toys.

It talks about how toys impacted us as children, how and why they were designed and made, and what made them so popular.

I remember my sixth grade teacher telling us that the reason they make cartoons is to sell toys. I thought it was a cynical exaggeration. It turns out that in some instances, it's actually true!

I've watched the series several times. It takes me back to my childhood.

They also have a series now called "The Movies that Made Us," about movies from the 80's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0