Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The physical temple was only a shadow of Christ. Christ fulfilled it. There is no prophesied 3rd physical earthly temple building. It is a prophecy of Christ and the temple he built through his body.
2 Thessalonians 2:4 and Revelation 11:1-2 prove that there must be a Temple in the end times.

No, we won't go back to the old Covenant.
There will be thank offerings and cleansing sacrifices made in the new Temple. Ezekiel 46, Isaiah 56:7

You obviously don't have any idea of what will happen soon, or of what God requires of us.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
2 Thessalonians 2:4 and Revelation 11:1-2 prove that there must be a Temple in the end times.

Both temples are spiritual.

Then why would we go back to an old covenant temple?

There will be thank offerings and cleansing sacrifices made in the new Temple. Ezekiel 46, Isaiah 56:7

Christ's offering and sacrifice aren't enough for you?

You obviously don't have any idea of what will happen soon, or of what God requires of us.

You obviously don't have any idea of what has already happened, and how God's requirements have already been met by His Son.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Both temples are spiritual.
Impossible. There is a Spiritual Temple in heaven, but Paul is talking about a literal Temple, that Satan will enthrone himself in. Satan will be on earth by then. Revelation 12:7-9
Then why would we go back to an old covenant temple?
It will be a Temple of the New Covenant, built by God's faithful Christian people.
Christ's offering and sacrifice aren't enough for you?
Jesus has atoned for our sins, that's a fact. A new Temple will be for thank offerings and sometimes blood is needed for ritual cleansing. Ezekiel 43:18-27
You obviously don't have any idea of what has already happened, and how God's requirements have already been met by His Son.
What God plans for His people, is plainly stated by all the prophets, in a literal, earthly future. Revelation 5:9-10

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Thessalonians 2:4
prove that there must be a Temple in the end times.

Jgr makes a very good point. When Paul uses the word 'temple' in all of his epistles, it typically refers to the spiritual temple of God. So it is possible that Paul could be referring to the spiritual temple in this verse as well.

That aside, if we look at the temple as a physical jewish temple building in this verse, you are right. Before the coming of the Lord, the rebellion must occur and the man of sin must seat himself of the temple as God.

The man of sin was being restrained during the time of Paul.
2 thess 2:6 And you know what is now restraining him, so that he will be revealed at the proper time.

If the man of sin was alive during the time of Paul, he would be dead by now. Unless there is a 2000 year old man walking around somewhere?

nd Revelation 11:1-2 prove that there must be a Temple in the end times.

Again, Herod's temple had an outer court for gentiles with a partition wall to prevent gentiles from entering any farther.

Revelation 11:2 But exclude the courtyard outside the temple. Do not measure it, because it has been given over to the nations

Ezekiel's temple has no partition wall, meaning that gentiles are not restricted to just the outer court.

I think it is also important to note that the temple of God is mentioned twice in revelation 11

In the beginning of revelation 11, the temple of God appears to be on earth, but at the end of revelation 11, the temple of God is in heaven, where the ark (jesus) appears in it.

So a third covenant? because there is no animals sacrifices in the new covenant, christ is our perfect sacrifice that was ONCE for all.

Also, don't forget about sin and guilt offerings

Ezekiel 40:39
In the porch of the gate were two tables on each side, on which to slaughter the burnt offering, the sin offering and the guilt offering.

I prefer to be closer to the kingdom of God

Mark 12:32-34
Right, Teacher,” the scribe replied. “You have stated correctly that God is One and there is no other but Him, and to love Him with all your heart and with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself, which is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

34When Jesus saw that the man had answered wisely, He said, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”

And no one dared to question Him any further.

Hebrews 10:18
And where these have been forgiven, an offering for sin is no longer needed.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jgr makes a very good point. When Paul uses the word 'temple' in all of his epistles, it typically refers to the spiritual temple of God. So it is possible that Paul could be referring to the spiritual temple in this verse as well.

That aside, if we look at the temple as a physical jewish temple building in this verse, you are right. Before the coming of the Lord, the rebellion must occur and the man of sin must seat himself of the temple as God.
The man of sin was being restrained during the time of Paul.
2 thess 2:6 And you know what is now restraining him, so that he will be revealed at the proper time.

If the man of sin was alive during the time of Paul, he would be dead by now. Unless there is a 2000 year old man walking around somewhere?
Hebrews 10:18
And where these have been forgiven, an offering for sin is no longer needed.
Ezekiel's Temple could be built now, if Christians did not rely on the devil, but followed God and fulfilled His word.

116313.png
Nice drawing...............Rely on the Devil? :scratch:

John 8:44
`Ye out of a father the Devil are, and the desires/epiqumiaV <1939> of the father of ye, ye are willing to be doing...........
Luke 21:12
“But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons<5438>.
You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name’s sake.

Revelation 2:10 "tribulation 10 days"

Revelation 2:10
No yet one thou be fearing! which-things thou are being about to be suffering
Behold! the Devil is being about to be casting ye into a prison<5438>, that ye may be being tried. And ye shall be having Tribulation<2347> of ten days,
Be thou becoming faithful until death! and I shall be giving to thee the Crown of the Life.

Upvote 0

Adamina

Praise Jesus
Supporter
Feb 29, 2020
U S A
✟16,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
claninja said:
Poor illiterate and silly Jason. Caesar was king not Jesus.

and Jason has received them, and they are all acting against the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus.” And the people and the city authorities were disturbed when they heard these things.
Acts 17:7-8

I find it interesting, that just as the unbelieving Jews and authories found it disturbing that the disciples were calling Jesus king, so to do you call those silly and illiterate who believe Jesus is currently ruling as king.
No, I just call those like you silly and ignorant for disobeying God's Word about Christ's future LITERAL reign over all nations. The true Church in Jesus Christ is not blind to Satan's devices of trying to create a make-believe kingdom here on earth today without Jesus. That is the plan you are on, the plan of their 'rock', and not the Plan of my Rock.
Christ reigns over the earth thru his born again spirit filled Saints, those of the faith of our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ, both Jews and Gentiles.

Reve makes that quite clear and I believe started at Pentecost and the great Commission:

Acts 1:8 but ye shall receive power at the coming of the Holy Spirit upon ye,
and ye shall be witnesses for Me in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and Samaria, and unto the ends of the earth.'

Revelation 1:6
And makes us kings and priests to the God and Father Him. To Him the glory and the might into the ages of the ages. Amen.
Revelation 5:10
And Thou make them kings and priests to our God and we shall be reigning on the land.
============================
There will be no future earthly physical reign of Jesus ruling from a future brick and mortar Temple.
And here is why:

Hebrews 7:12
For being translated the Priesthood, out of necessity also, of Law a translation is becoming,
Malachi 2
1 “And now, O priests, this command is for you. 2 If you will not listen, if you will not take it to heart to give honor to my name, says the Lord of hosts, then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings. Indeed, I have already cursed them, because you do not lay it to heart.
3 Behold, I will rebuke your offspring,a and spread dung on your faces, the dung of your offerings, and you shall be taken away with it
7 For the lips of a Priest should guard knowledge, and people should seek instruction from his mouth, for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.
8 But you have turned aside from the way. You have caused many to stumble by your instruction. You have corrupted the covenant of Levi, says the Lord of hosts, 9 and so I make you despised and abased before all the people, inasmuch as you do not keep my ways but show partiality in your instruction.”
===============================
Josephus describes how that prophecy on the 1st century OC Temple Priesthood was fulfilled:

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

While Jerusalem was a prey to these ferocious and devouring factions, every part of Judea was scourged and laid waste by bands of robbers and murderers,.........The three factions, rendered frantic by drunkenness, rage, and desperation, trampling on heaps of slain, fought against each other with brutal savageness and madness. Even such as brou't sacrifices to the temple were murdered. The dead bodies of priests and worshippers, both natives and foreigners were heaped together, and a lake of blood stagnated in the sacred courts..............

For five days after the destruction of the Temple, the priests who had escaped, sat, pining with hunger, on the top of one of its broken walls; at length, they came down, and humbly asked the pardon of Titus, which, however, he refused to grant them, saying, that, "as the Temple, for the sake of which he would have spared them, was destroyed, it was but fit that its priests should parish also:" -whereupon he commanded that they should be put to death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davy

Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christ reigns over the earth thru his born again spirit filled Saints, those of the faith of our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ, both Jews and Gentiles.

You are deceived. Christ's "thousand years" reign does NOT BEGIN until He is physically here, on earth, with all His saints, as written in Zechariah 14.

Reve makes that quite clear and I believe started at Pentecost and the great Commission:

Acts 1:8 but ye shall receive power at the coming of the Holy Spirit upon ye,
and ye shall be witnesses for Me in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and Samaria, and unto the ends of the earth.'

Peter showed the cloven tongue of Pentecost was an example ("But this is that..."-Acts 2:16) of what was prophesied in Joel 2, which is for WHAT time per Joel?

It's for the end of this world, just prior to the "day of the Lord". Thus Pentecost was an example, not the main usage that's to happen at the end. Or do you stay away from Scripture that our Lord Jesus gave in Mark 13:9-11 about some of us at the end being delivered up to give a Testimony by The Holy Spirit?

And makes us kings and priests to the God and Father Him. To Him the glory and the might into the ages of the ages. Amen.

Are you sitting upon a throne as king right now? No! Nor have Christ's Apostles yet, and He promised they would sit upon 12 thrones judges the 12 tribes of Israel. So you can't just throw out a verse like that and try to apply it as having been fulfilled. There has to be real evidence of fulfillment.

And one must first understand what the verse actually is saying to begin with. You obviously don't know the many other events that are to happen along with that time of being made kings and priests. Until it happens in our future, we only have the Promise of that, just like His Promise to give us eternal life, which obviously we don't have yet, but only have the Promise, because we are still in these flesh bodies that get sick and die. It won't happen literally until Jesus returns, literally as written.

Upvote 0

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are you sitting upon a throne as king right now? No! Nor have Christ's Apostles yet, and He promised they would sit upon 12 thrones judges the 12 tribes of Israel.

Davy, I would not be so hard on Adamina's use of the term "...and makes us "kings and priest" because of my research of 16 Bible's that use the alternate terms "kingdom, priests...." or "kings and priests". In my research I found the following.6 of the 10...

KJV ~ And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

NKJV ~ "...and has made us kings[fn] and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

YLT ~ "...and did make us kings and priests to his God and Father, to him is the glory and the power to the ages of the ages! Amen.

DBY ~ "...and made them to our God kings and priests; and they shall reign over the earth.

GVA ~ "...and hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

WEB ~ And hath made us kings and priests to God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

(Note: It is more accurate, according to the Greek lexicons, to use the term "a kingdom, priest unto God" even though Revelations 5:10 does translate it as "kings and priest."

Commentary of 'Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament'

In Revelation 5:10 we have again "a kingdom and priests." The idea here is that Christians are the true spiritual Israel in God's promise to Abraham as explained by Paul in Gal 3; Ro 9. To be priests (ierei). In apposition with basileian, but with kai (and) in Revelation 5:10 . Each member of this true kingdom is a priest unto God, with direct access to him at all times.

A.T. Robertson, (1863-1934) was a renowned scholar of the Greek New Testament. His works were published in 1930 and 1933.

Upvote 0

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus has atoned for our sins, that's a fact. A new Temple will be for thank offerings and sometimes blood is needed for ritual cleansing. Ezekiel 43:18-27

This is an article from a Jewish website (Chabad.org) titled:

'Did the Jews Disregard Ezekiel's Prophecy of the temple?'

Dear Rabbi,
I read, with great interest, chapters 40-48 of Ezekiel in the Bible. Is it true that the Jews never built the Temple that is described there?

If it is true, why did the Jews disregard Ezekiel’s prophecy when they built the second Temple?

And why was it relevant for the prophet to describe, in great detail, something that they didn’t even end up building?

Answer:
It was in the twenty-fifth year of the Babylonian exile that Ezekiel prophesied that the Holy Temple would be rebuilt. The prophecy spans a number of chapters, describing in great detail how this future Temple would look.(1) And yet, when we look at the descriptions of the second Temple, we see that it was not built according to those specifications.(2)

The famed commentator, Rabbi Sholomo Yitzchaki (Rashi), quotes from the sages to explain these verses:

"The second ascent to the Holy Land of Israel during the time of Ezra was meant to be like the first entry through Joshua—to come about by force and through a miracle. This is what the Talmud states,(3) bringing proof from the verse where it states twice [the words] “cross over,” “Your people cross over, O God, until this nation that You have acquired crosses over.”(4)

This building would have been fit for them then, when they emerged from exile, had there been an everlasting redemption. However, their sin caused this to not happen; for their repentance was not suitable. In other words, they did not resolve to stop sinning. Therefore, they were freed only through the sanction of Cyrus and his son.

Some say that their sin in Babylon was that they stumbled regarding gentile women.(5)

This, explain the commentators, is the reason why they did not build the second Temple according to the specifications in the prophecy in Ezekiel. That Temple was to be an everlasting edifice, as the verse there states, “and I shall dwell among them forever.”(6) Instead, when it came time to rebuild the second Temple, God commanded through his prophets Chaggai, Zechariah and Malachi not to build it according to the specifications in Ezekiel.(7)

Indeed, when the Rabbis referred to the second Temple period, they would say it was a partial redemption only. For not only were the Jews still under foreign rule, but the second Temple also lacked some key components—including the Holy Ark.(8)

However, even though the second Temple did not have the everlasting quality of the Temple of Ezekiel’s prophecy, the builders did incorporate certain parts of the prophecy into its construction. (9)

In commanding Ezekiel to describe the dimensions of the Temple to the Jewish people, God says,

"You, son of man, describe the House to the House of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; let them measure its plan. And if they are ashamed of all that they have done, let them know the form of the House and its scheme, its exits and its entrances, and all its forms, and all its laws and all its teachings, and write it down in their sight so that they keep the whole form thereof and the laws thereof, and do them."(10)

The Sages in the Midrash explain that when Ezekiel heard this, he turned to God and asked,

"What is the point of saying this to the Jewish people if they are in exile and will not build this Temple now? Let me wait until they are redeemed and then I will tell them this prophecy."

God replied,

"Just because my children are in exile there should be no building of My House?! Learning in the Bible about the description of My House is as great as the building of it. Go and tell the Jewish people to occupy themselves in learning about the Temple, and in that merit I will consider it as if they are actually involved in building it."(11)

The Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, of righteous memory, adds that...

"...from here we see how important it is to learn the laws of the Holy Temple; for through this, not only do we fulfill, even during the exile, the commandment to build the Holy Temple, but we actually weaken the concept of its destruction, and we ultimately merit its rebuilding with the coming of the messianic era, may it be speedily in our days."(12)

Rabbi Yehuda Shurpin
Ask the Rabbi @ The Judaism Website – Chabad.org

By Yehuda Shurpin -
A noted scholar and researcher, Rabbi Yehuda Shurpin serves as content editor at Chabad.org, and writes the popular weekly Ask Rabbi Y column. Rabbi Shurpin is the rabbi of the Chabad Shul in St. Louis Park, Minn., where he resides with his wife, Ester, and their children.

Notes:
  • Highlights, underlines etc were inserted for clarity. The text was not changed at all.
  • The footnotes were not included by me for brevity reasons. They can be found at this link to the article:
https://www.chabad.org/library/arti...Disregard-Ezekiels-Prophecy-of-the-Temple.htm
*****************************************************************COMMENTS from the article:

Reply#1: Peter - (author of the question ?) Upstate New York - July 5, 2013

If you accept oral traditions of man over God's Word this might be an answer.
However, please explain why there is no: Ark, Lampstand, Bread and Incense in Ezekiel's Temple ???

Could this be foreshadowing a new manner of spiritual worship not hemmed in by Temple walls?

Respectfully submitted, a watchman of HIs Word

Reply #2: Kalvin - United States - January 16, 2015

On Ezekiel's Temple, its Furnishings, and a Sinful Yiśra’el

First of all, I agree with the article when it explains why the Temple of Ezekiel's (or Yeḥezeqi’el's) vision couldn't be built according to the prophet's specifications at the time of Zerubabel, governor of Yehudah. Secondly, I agree with Rashi concerning Yiśra’el's sin only in regard to his commentary on Ezekiel 43:10,11. Indeed, the prophet Haggai (1:2-7), by the word of HaShem, acknowledged that the people weren't ready to rebuild the temple, until almost 20 years after laying the foundation. Of course, Yiśra’el was under foreign powers, but they didn't let the nations help them rebuild their temple (Ezra 4:3). This contributed to a lot of problems that further contributed to a 20 year halt on the construction.

Now, as to some of the important furnishings of the first temple (i.e. ark of the covenant, menorah, etc.), none are made mention of in Ezekiel's prophecy. Indeed, Jeremiah 3:16 prophesies that the ark in particular will no longer be thought of, nor another built.

Reply #3 - Peter Sweeney - Tivoli, NY - February 19, 2015

Dear Kalvin,
You did not answer either of my two questions:

1.) Please explain why there is no: Ark, Lampstand, Bread and Incense in Ezekiel's Temple ???
2.) Could this be foreshadowing a new manner of spiritual worship not hemmed in by Temple walls?

Respectfully submitted, slightly confused,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

'Did the Jews Disregard Ezekiel's Prophecy of the temple?'

Dear Rabbi,
I read, with great interest, chapters 40-48 of Ezekiel in the Bible. Is it true that the Jews never built the Temple that is described there?

If it is true, why did the Jews disregard Ezekiel’s prophecy when they built the second Temple?

And why was it relevant for the prophet to describe, in great detail, something that they didn’t even end up building?

Answer:
It was in the twenty-fifth year of the Babylonian exile that Ezekiel prophesied that the Holy Temple would be rebuilt. The prophecy spans a number of chapters, describing in great detail how this future Temple would look.(1) And yet, when we look at the descriptions of the second Temple, we see that it was not built according to those specifications.(2)

The famed commentator, Rabbi Sholomo Yitzchaki (Rashi), quotes from the sages to explain these verses:

"The second ascent to the Holy Land of Israel during the time of Ezra was meant to be like the first entry through Joshua—to come about by force and through a miracle. This is what the Talmud states,(3) bringing proof from the verse where it states twice [the words] “cross over,” “Your people cross over, O God, until this nation that You have acquired crosses over.”(4)

This building would have been fit for them then, when they emerged from exile, had there been an everlasting redemption. However, their sin caused this to not happen; for their repentance was not suitable. In other words, they did not resolve to stop sinning. Therefore, they were freed only through the sanction of Cyrus and his son.

Some say that their sin in Babylon was that they stumbled regarding gentile women.(5)

This, explain the commentators, is the reason why they did not build the second Temple according to the specifications in the prophecy in Ezekiel. That Temple was to be an everlasting edifice, as the verse there states, “and I shall dwell among them forever.”(6) Instead, when it came time to rebuild the second Temple, God commanded through his prophets Chaggai, Zechariah and Malachi not to build it according to the specifications in Ezekiel.(7)

Indeed, when the Rabbis referred to the second Temple period, they would say it was a partial redemption only. For not only were the Jews still under foreign rule, but the second Temple also lacked some key components—including the Holy Ark.(8)

However, even though the second Temple did not have the everlasting quality of the Temple of Ezekiel’s prophecy, the builders did incorporate certain parts of the prophecy into its construction. (9)

In commanding Ezekiel to describe the dimensions of the Temple to the Jewish people, God says,

"You, son of man, describe the House to the House of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; let them measure its plan. And if they are ashamed of all that they have done, let them know the form of the House and its scheme, its exits and its entrances, and all its forms, and all its laws and all its teachings, and write it down in their sight so that they keep the whole form thereof and the laws thereof, and do them."(10)

The Sages in the Midrash explain that when Ezekiel heard this, he turned to God and asked,

"What is the point of saying this to the Jewish people if they are in exile and will not build this Temple now? Let me wait until they are redeemed and then I will tell them this prophecy."

God replied,

"Just because my children are in exile there should be no building of My House?! Learning in the Bible about the description of My House is as great as the building of it. Go and tell the Jewish people to occupy themselves in learning about the Temple, and in that merit I will consider it as if they are actually involved in building it."(11)

The Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, of righteous memory, adds that...

"...from here we see how important it is to learn the laws of the Holy Temple; for through this, not only do we fulfill, even during the exile, the commandment to build the Holy Temple, but we actually weaken the concept of its destruction, and we ultimately merit its rebuilding with the coming of the messianic era, may it be speedily in our days."(12)

Rabbi Yehuda Shurpin
Ask the Rabbi @ The Judaism Website – Chabad.org

By Yehuda Shurpin -
A noted scholar and researcher, Rabbi Yehuda Shurpin serves as content editor at Chabad.org, and writes the popular weekly Ask Rabbi Y column. Rabbi Shurpin is the rabbi of the Chabad Shul in St. Louis Park, Minn., where he resides with his wife, Ester, and their children.

Notes:
  • Highlights, underlines etc were inserted for clarity. The text was not changed at all.
  • The footnotes were not included by me for brevity reasons. They can be found at this link to the article:
https://www.chabad.org/library/arti...Disregard-Ezekiels-Prophecy-of-the-Temple.htm
*****************************************************************COMMENTS from the article:

Reply#1: Peter - (author of the question ?) Upstate New York - July 5, 2013

If you accept oral traditions of man over God's Word this might be an answer.
However, please explain why there is no: Ark, Lampstand, Bread and Incense in Ezekiel's Temple ???

Could this be foreshadowing a new manner of spiritual worship not hemmed in by Temple walls?

Respectfully submitted, a watchman of HIs Word

Reply #2: Kalvin - United States - January 16, 2015

On Ezekiel's Temple, its Furnishings, and a Sinful Yiśra’el

First of all, I agree with the article when it explains why the Temple of Ezekiel's (or Yeḥezeqi’el's) vision couldn't be built according to the prophet's specifications at the time of Zerubabel, governor of Yehudah. Secondly, I agree with Rashi concerning Yiśra’el's sin only in regard to his commentary on Ezekiel 43:10,11. Indeed, the prophet Haggai (1:2-7), by the word of HaShem, acknowledged that the people weren't ready to rebuild the temple, until almost 20 years after laying the foundation. Of course, Yiśra’el was under foreign powers, but they didn't let the nations help them rebuild their temple (Ezra 4:3). This contributed to a lot of problems that further contributed to a 20 year halt on the construction.

Now, as to some of the important furnishings of the first temple (i.e. ark of the covenant, menorah, etc.), none are made mention of in Ezekiel's prophecy. Indeed, Jeremiah 3:16 prophesies that the ark in particular will no longer be thought of, nor another built.

Reply #3 - Peter Sweeney - Tivoli, NY - February 19, 2015

Dear Kalvin,
You did not answer either of my two questions:

1.) Please explain why there is no: Ark, Lampstand, Bread and Incense in Ezekiel's Temple ???
2.) Could this be foreshadowing a new manner of spiritual worship not hemmed in by Temple walls?

Respectfully submitted, slightly confused,

God spoke to the prophets of Israel in visions, dreams, parables, and riddles:

numbers 12:6-8 And he said, “Hear my words: If there is a prophet among you, I the LORD make myself known to him in a vision; I speak with him in a dream. Not so with my servant Moses. He is faithful in all my house. With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in riddles, and he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”

hosea 12:10 spoke to the prophets; it was I who multiplied visions, and through the prophets gave parables.

Chapters 40-48 are in regards to visions given to Ezekiel by God:

ezekiel 40:1-2 In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth day of the month, in the fourteenth year after the city was struck down, on that very day, the hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me to the city. In visions of God he brought me to the land of Israel, and set me down on a very high mountain, on which was a structure like a city to the south.

So is this vision of Ezekiel 40-48 to be interpreted literally or metaphorically?

IMHO, the NT should be our guide for when to interpret the visions of the prophets as literal or metaphorical, for the NT is the revelation for how to understand the visions/dream/parables of the OT prophets.

Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

the NT is absent of any clear and specific mention of a rebuilt future physical, brick and mortar, temple building. In fact, Stephen reiterates that God does not live in a house made by human hands.

Acts 7:48 Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made by hands, as the prophet says,

So how do we reconcile Stephen's words with what "appears" to be the polar opposite of what Ezekiel's vision states?

Ezekiel 43:6-7 While the man was standing beside me, I heard one speaking to me out of the temple, and he said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the people of Israel forever.

IMHO, it seems that the NT points to the body of Christ being the temple, whose foundation is Christ, the cornerstone, and the apostles. Therefore, I would argue the vision of the temple where God dwells with his people forever, is parabolic/symbolic/metaphorical for the body of Christ.

John 2:19-22 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” 20The Jews then said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple,c and will you raise it up in three days?” But he was speaking about the temple of his body. When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.

2 corinthians 6:16 For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ephesians 2:19-22 but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God bye the Spirit.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I mention the opinions of several Rabbi's in my post #81.
They say there will be a new Temple in the last days.
Jesus will Return to it and will rule from it for the Millennium. Micah 4:1-2, Haggai 2:8-9, Isaiah 60:20, +
So is this vision of Ezekiel 40-48 to be interpreted literally or metaphorically?
Making a careful description of an earthly building and its function, into a metaphorical mixup, is to make a large chunk of Bible prophecy; meaningless.
Ephesians 2:19-22 but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God bye the Spirit.
This is the situation now.
It will not be the same in the future, Haggai 2:9 plainly awaits fulfilment. But before the Lord grants prosperity and peace, Satan will desecrate it; 2 Thessalonians 2:4

Upvote 0

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus will Return to it and will rule from it for the Millennium.

The whole sacrificial system of the OT became unnecessary when Christ's sacrificed himself. In doing so, that whole sacrificial system shifted its focus onto Jesus and His new way of doing things. What had been an elaborate visual "picture" became the future "spiritual" system though Christ's resurrection. That system ended permanently and is now no longer necessary nor should there ever be any man-made attempts to reinstate that legal system again via a man-made "memorial" that Christ did not institute nor will he come down to a sin filled world again to do a re-do to suit the whims of fallen man.

It's a system that attempts to bring a glorified Jesus back down to live once again in a sin-filled world. Once Jesus was resurrected and returned to the Father to be glorified, he than returned to earth for 40 days ONLY to those who believed in Him. He did not once mingle among with those who had rejected him.

Heb 10:12-14 ~ "But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, then to wait until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.

Christ himself instituted ONLY two rituals for us to observe:
1) Baptism
2) The Lords Supper

To create a new "teaching system" is not necessary when all dispensationalists have to do is pack up a few Bibles and hand them out to whoever ends up in a so-called 1,000 year new temple that is not going to be built anyway.

No matter what dispenationalists choose to name it, the truth is that is heretical in nature! Nowhere in the entire New Covenant/Testament can anyone find one verse that says that we have been given the authority to re-invent a system that Jesus fulfilled on the cross when he said, "It is done.- I have fulfilled all the Father has given me." The following verse in Revelation 22:18 says it all...

"I warn every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book..."

By inventing a "prophesy" that is not found in the NT, one is adding something new to scripture - even if it is verbal in nature. Be careful when one says "God says" when God did not say.

This recent doctrine came about through men like John Nelson Darby, John Scofield, Moody, Shafer and others of the Dallas Theological Seminary. Through Scofield, Moody saw an opportunity to make money by producing the Scofield Bible with his notes. Plug in the term "Origins of dispensationalism" and you will find a plethora on the history and chain of those who saw an opportunity to get rich. It was all about $$$$$ and power.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The whole sacrificial system of the OT became unnecessary when Christ's sacrificed himself.
Yes, that is why we don't do it in our churchs.
But Bible prophecy is clear, there is coming a time when a new Temple will be built in Jerusalem and offerings will be made to God in it. Isaiah 56:1-8

Those who adamantly oppose this and many other clearly stated prophesies, show a serious lack of Bible study and they simply parrot their opinions.
We do NOT know the Mind of God; His ways are not our ways.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is why we don't do it in our churchs.
But Bible prophecy is clear, there is coming a time when a new Temple will be built in Jerusalem and offerings will be made to God in it. Isaiah 56:1-8

Those who adamantly oppose this and many other clearly stated prophesies, show a serious lack of Bible study and they simply parrot their opinions.
We do NOT know the Mind of God; His ways are not our ways.

Bible prophetic fulfillment is clear that God's People are His Temple. (1 Corinthians 3:16-17; 1 Corinthians 6:19; 2 Corinthians 6:16; Ephesians 2:21)

These are Scripture's final words defining the temple. They are not reversed by futurism's denial, rejection, fantasies and fallacies.

Paul was intimately aware of Isaiah 56:1-8 when he wrote them.

He knew the mind of God, because the Holy Spirit was his inspiration.

He did not suffer from futurist recidivism.

• Winner
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
These are Scripture's final words defining the temple. They are not reversed by futurism's denial, rejection, fantasies and fallacies.
A flat out untruth!
Revelation 11:1 tells about a new Temple and 2 Thess 2:4 proves its existence in the end times.
Then in Revelation 21:22, in the New Jerusalem; after the Millennium, there will be no Temple as God Himself will dwell with mankind on earth. This fact would be unnecessary if there had not been a Temple there before.
Denial and rejection is your forte'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A flat out untruth!
Revelation 11:1 tells about a new Temple and 2 Thess 2:4 proves its existence in the end times.
Then in Revelation 21:22, in the New Jerusalem; after the Millennium, there will be no Temple as God Himself will dwell with mankind on earth. This fact would be unnecessary if there had not been a Temple there before.
Denial and rejection is your forte'.

John's first Revelation reference to a temple is a "naos" spiritual temple in Revelation 3:12.

Every subsequent Revelation reference is to a "naos" spiritual temple, consistent with Revelation 3:12, and also consistent with Paul's use of the spiritual "naos" in his epistles.

You excel in the spiritual undiscernment of the natural man. (1 Corinthians 2:14)

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Every subsequent Revelation reference is to a "naos" spiritual temple, consistent with Revelation 3:12, and also consistent with Paul's use of the spiritual "naos" in his epistles.
A 'spiritual Temple' is totally inconsistent with what is Prophesied.

During His first Advent on earth, this God-Man Jesus had nowhere to dwell (Matt.8:20; Lk.9:28). His rightful place as God would have been the Temple in Jerusalem, but He is driven from there under threat of death by the rulers of Israel.
But at the end of the age, this God-Man will become the ordained, accepted and anointed King of the whole earth by military defeat of His enemies. Revelation 19:11-16
The question is then, "WHERE WILL HE LIVE PHYSICALLY, AND OF WHAT TYPE WILL HIS HOUSE BE?

Ezekiel answers this. The House in which Emmanuel (God with us) will live must fulfill a number of qualifications.

· It must be in Jerusalem

· It must be a Palace fit for the greatest King ever to live

· It must be a House that reflects the accomplishments of this great King

· It must be a House that allows the correct service to such an Holy One

· It must be a House that everyone of every nation can come up to to pray, worship and have audience with Emmanuel

Now, Jesus, having set aside His high position in heaven, and having come to earth to serve His Father and serve men, took a very low and humble position. He was devoid of money and dwelling. He was ministered to by women. He was threatened, rejected, reviled, beaten, spat upon, insulted and finally murdered among criminals, naked. This was all done to achieve what His Father needed done to satisfy His righteousness and extend mercy to depraved mankind. So when God sends His Son the second time as military Commander to retake Government of this earth, in His righteousness and justice HE MUST VINDICATE HIS SON IN PROPORTION TO WHAT HE LOST THE FIRST TIME. And part of this vindication is;

· His personal glory. It is so strong that it can dethrone and cast away the Beast who was the most powerful man on earth (2nd Thess.2:8)

· His House. The House that the Man Jesus will live in must reflect Who He is and what He has done

· That men must bow to Him in worship IN HIS PRESENCE AND OUT OF IT. Phillippians.2:9-11, Zechariah 14:16

Upvote 0

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus will Return to it and will rule from it for the Millennium.

In the Old Testament system, blood was symbolic of the future sacrifice of Christ's life death on the cross. Hebrews 9 stresses several very important truths concerning the blood of Christ that poured out from his body for us that you seem to be avoiding instead of accepting what scripture actually says. Often you revert to repeating "there will be a new temple" and "the sacrifices will be a memorial and for teaching" without explaining who invented this "new prophesy", where it came from and when it got its roots. It certainly did not come from the mouth of Jesus while he taught his disciples because there is not one hint of a thousand years, another temple to be built after AD 70, nor do you say just what a glorified Christ will be doing for a thousand years.

Throughout the whole 4 gospels Jesus spoke of the past, the present and what future events we are to expect. Yet, NEVER did he give a hint of a "memorial" to himself in a "rebuilt temple" to be looked for in the future! If so, please show those very words out of Christs' mouth before I even begin to consider John Nelson Darby, (the person to whom many Christians began to allow themselves to be deceived,) to be worth following too.

Mark 13 ~ 1)And as he sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately, ...4)"Tell us, when will this be, and what will be the sign when these things are all to be accomplished?" 5)And Jesus began to say to them, 21)And then if any one says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. 22)False Christs and false prophets will arise and show signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect.

In the meantime, I will hold firm to the following in Hebrews 9.

"...9b)gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot perfect the conscience of the worshiper, 10)but deal only with food and drink and various ablutions, regulations for the body imposed until the time of reformation. 11)But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things that have come, then through the greater and more perfect tent *[tabernacle] (not made with hands, that is, not of this creation) 12)he entered once for all into the Holy Place, taking not the blood of goats and calves but his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption. 13)For if the sprinkling of defiled persons with the blood of goats and bulls and with the ashes of a heifer sanctifies for the purification of the flesh, 14)how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify your conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

15)Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred which redeems them from the transgressions under the first covenant. 16)For where a will is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established. 17)For a will takes effect only at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive. 18)Hence even the first covenant was not ratified without blood. 19)For when every commandment of the law had been declared by Moses to all the people, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, 20)saying, "This is the blood of the covenant which God commanded you." 21)And in the same way he sprinkled with the blood both the tent and all the vessels used in worship. 22)Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. 23)Thus it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these rites, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24)For Christ has entered, not into a sanctuary made with hands, a copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. 25)Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the Holy Place yearly with blood not his own; 26)for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the age to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27)And just as it is appointed for men to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28)so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him."

*Vine's Expository Dictionary: tent/tabernacle: Heb 9:11 ~ "the Heavenly prototype"

** Bayer's Greek Lexicon: "tent" [naos] of the heavenly sanctuary in Rev 14, 15, 15:6, 8a & b; 16:1,17, 7:15, 11:19 a & b, 14:17, 15:5 --- also Cf. 3:12. Yet there will b no temple in the New Jerusalem 21:22a; God himself is the sanctuary of the eternal city - vs. 22b.

2 Co 5:1 "For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."

Jude 25 ~ "...Now to the only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and for ever. Amen.

majesty = king now and forever
dominion = kingdom now and forever
authority = power now and forever

(now = from the cross to the end of the age)
(forever = eternity)

Upvote 0

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It must be a House that everyone of every nation can come up to to pray, worship and have audience with Emmanuel

If the world population is: 7,874,965,732 billion and...
Israel's population is: 8,729,590 million...and
if everyone of every nation went up to pray then that means that...
there would be 10,503,591 humans in a VERY SMALL AREA!!

Q- Where are they going to stay?
Q- How many planes does it take that many people to Israel on one day?
Q- Is the airport large enough for all those planes?
Q- Where is the bathroom in the temple?
Q- Will they have pork in the restaurants or is that still a forbidden food?

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It certainly did not come from the mouth of Jesus while he taught his disciples because there is not one hint of a thousand years, another temple to be built after AD 70, nor do you say just what a glorified Christ will be doing for a thousand years.
Read Revelation; it is Jesus' Words.
He will Return as King of Kings and reign from Jerusalem [the Temple] for 1000 years.
If the world population is: 7,874,965,732 billion and...
Israel's population is: 8,729,590 million...and
if everyone of every nation went up to pray then that means that...
there would be 10,503,591 humans in a VERY SMALL AREA!!

Q- Where are they going to stay?
Q- How many planes does it take that many people to Israel on one day?
Q- Is the airport large enough for all those planes?
Q- Where is the bathroom in the temple?
Q- Will they have pork in the restaurants or is that still a forbidden food?
Be good for you to actually read what is prophesied to happen during the end times. Most of the worlds population will die and only the faithful peoples of God will go into the Millennium.
Silly replies as above, show a sad lack of Bible knowledge.

Upvote 0