Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Spiritual ruler of this world is Satan. He offered it to Jesus if He would do him homage.
He offered what he didn't have to give. He is the Father of Lies, is he not? C'mon, get real.

Satan is winning.
Hold holds ALL POWER INN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH RIGHT NOW, BY HIS OWN TESTIMONY?

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I sing those songs in the Elim Church that I attend.
Jesus does reign in my heart and I look forward to the great Day that He Returns, chains up Satan, Revelation 20:2, and literally reigns over the world.

"Jesus does reign in my heart..."

Of course. And He reigns in your heart now. And He must be reigning over a Kingdom. And you, and I, must be His subjects in that Kingdom.

Isn't that what Revelation 1:6 is saying?

There's no denial of the future realities of that Kingdom. But it's in operation now, has been since Calvary, and will be until the end, when it's delivered up to the Father. (1 Corinthians 15:24)

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
He offered what he didn't have to give. He is the Father of Lies, is he not? C'mon, get real.
You need to actually read the Bible! Lots of scripture proves that Satan is the ruler of this world. God does restrain him to a certain degree. Job 1 & 2, Mark 4:15, Luke 22:3, Romans 16:20, 2 Cor 11:14, +
Hold holds ALL POWER INN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH RIGHT NOW, BY HIS OWN TESTIMONY?
Jesus does hold all power, He has earned it, but He hasn't exercised it yet.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I question anyone who says 'black is white and hot is cold' and likewise the Kingdom is here, when it rather obviously it isn't.

I agree.

So that is why I am questioning you. You are saying 'black is white'.

Revelation 1:5-6 states the following things as present realities, not future ones:
1. Jesus IS the faithful witness
2. Jesus IS the firstborn from the dead
3. Jesus IS the ruler of the kings of the earth
3. Jesus HAS FREED us from our sins
4.Jesus HAS MADE us to be a kingdom of priests

But you draw an imaginary line that doesn't exist stating some are present and some are future to fit your eschatology. Your are effectively saying 'black is white'. Hence we should question your interpretation.

Revelation 1:5-6
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus does hold all power, He has earned it, but He hasn't exercised it yet

Jesus has all power above every name in this age and the next, but doesn't exercise it? That is complete nonsense.

Hebrews 1:3
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His nature, upholding all things by His powerful word.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
But you draw an imaginary line that doesn't exist stating some are present and some are future to fit your eschatology. Your are effectively saying 'black is white'. Hence we should question your interpretation.
What a nasty twist!
I believe in realities now and in the Bible for what must happen in the future.
Jesus has all power above every name in this age and the next, but doesn't exercise it? That is complete nonsense.
Hebrews 1:3
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His nature, upholding all things by His powerful word.
What is 'complete nonsense', is the idea that Satan is superseded already.
Revelation 20:2 plainly states that doesn't happen until after Jesus Returns for His Millennium reign.

Confusing promises with future fulfilments, is your mistake.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a nasty twist!

You literally stated you question anyone who states 'black is white' or 'hot is cold'

The bible states Jesus has all authority over heaven and earth (matthew 28:18), IS the ruler of the kings of the earth (revelation 1:5), IS UPHOLDING the world (hebrews 1:3), IS above all rule and authority (Ephesians 1:21)

The bible states that we (as believers) are a priesthood built into a temple through Christ.
1 Peter 5:9
You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ .

Revelation 1:6
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

The Bible states all these things (Christ's Kingship, believers as a kingdom of priests) as present reality, but you state they are not current present realities. Since you are stating the opposite of what scripture states (black is white) should we not question that?

Sorry, but your notions of reigning at present, are just fanciful dreams.
The prophesies like Rev 1:6: is written in past tense, but is obviously still future.

Revelation 1:5b is a present reality, but Revelation 1:6 is a promise for the future.
Simple really; why do you question it?

Confusing promises with future fulfilments, is your mistake.

So Jesus is not your current king?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Bible states all these things (Christ's Kingship, believers as a kingdom of priests) as present reality, but you state they are not current present realities. Since you are stating the opposite of what scripture states (black is white) should we not question that?
Since you believe something that is plainly not a present reality, any further discussion with you is pointless.
It is noted that you don't provide any proper rebuttal and you try to label people who prove you wrong, as non-believers.
Goodbye and good luck with your beliefs in the coming changes, where the truth of Bible prophecy will be revealed.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You questioned my belief in Jesus.
My discussion with you is fruitless with that sort of talk against a brother in Christ.

It’s pretty clear you believe Jesus exists. I’m trying to understand what you believe ABOUT Jesus.

You stated that Jesus currently reigning is a fanciful dream, in other words, you don’t believe Jesus is currently reigning.

And when asked if Jesus is your current king, you don’t answer the question, but instead state I labeled you a non believer.

You have to see that this is a little confusing. I didn’t think the question of ‘so is Jesus your current king?’ would be offensive to a fellow brother in Christ.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You have to see that this is a little confusing. I didn’t think the question of ‘so is Jesus your current king?’ would be offensive to a fellow brother in Christ.
Its you that confuses personal beliefs with current world realities.
If you care to know more about me and what I believe, look at: logostelos.info

Ezekiel's Temple will certainly be built. Great will be the day and you and I will see it!

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its you that confuses personal beliefs with current world realities.

Ok, then so did the disciples:

and Jason has received them, and they are all acting against the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus.”
Acts 17:7

If you care to know more about me and what I believe, look at: logostelos.info

Thank you, I will take a look.

Ezekiel's Temple will certainly be built.

Who will build this temple?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,815.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Why did this occur?
The time wasn't right for a new Temple.
As we are plainly told; we Christians are the spiritual Temple for now. This does not preclude a future actual Temple. In fact there has to be one: 2 Thessalonians 2:4 and Revelation 11:1-2
The new Temple will be in Jerusalem, ready for Jesus to Return to.

Only after the Millennium, will there be no need for a Temple Revelation 21:22

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Zechariah 6:15 Men from far away will come and build the Temple.....

Scripture does not say men from far away will build the temple, it says they will build IN the temple.

And the far-off come in, and they have built in the temple of Jehovah, and ye have known that Jehovah of Hosts hath sent me unto you, yea, it hath come to pass, if ye do certainly hearken to the voice of Jehovah your God.'
Zechariah 6:15

The temple is built by the branch, the Shoot

and hast spoken unto him, saying: Thus spake Jehovah of Hosts, saying: Lo, a man! A Shoot -- [is] his name, And from his place he doth shoot up, And he hath built the temple of Jehovah.
Zechariah 6:12

Notice the difference? The branch builds the temple and those from afar build IN the temple.

This temple is where the branch sits as king and high priest. Is there any scripture that states Jesus is currently king and high priest? After the order of Melchizedek?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The time wasn't right for a new Temple.

And yet the Israelites did build a 2nd temple, but it wasn’t the one described by Ezekiel, why?

As we are plainly told; we Christians are the spiritual Temple for now.

This spiritual temple is where the throne is (heaven) and his feet rest (earth). It is where he dwells with his people

and he said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the people of Israel forever.
Ezekiel 43:7a

in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.
Ephesians 2:21-22

What temple did the disciples
realize Jesus was talking about from the OT scripture?

But he was speaking about the temple of his body.
John 2:21
When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.
John 2:22

Last edited:
Upvote 0