Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was a command to build the 1st temple and it was made by human hands:

1 Chronicles 28:6 He said to me, ‘Your son Solomon is the one who shall build My house and My courts; for I have chosen him to be a son to Me, and I will be a father to him.

1 Chronicles 28:11 Then David gave to his son Solomon the plan of the porch of the temple, its buildings, its storehouses, its upper rooms, its inner rooms and the room for the mercy seat;

2 Chronicles 2:1 Now Solomon decided to build a house for the name of the LORD and a royal palace for himself. 2So Solomon assigned 70,000 men to carry loads and 80,000 men to quarry stone in the mountains and 3,600 to supervise them.

There was a command to build the 2nd temple and it was made by human hands:

Ezra 1:3 ‘Whoever there is among you of all His people, may his God be with him! Let him go up to Jerusalem which is in Judah and rebuild the house of the LORD, the God of Israel; He is the God who is in Jerusalem.

Haggai 1:14 So the LORD stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and worked on the house of the LORD of hosts, their God,

The Ezekiel temple (Ezekiel 40-43) was never built, nor was there any command given to God's people to build it. Additionally, there is no command for God's people to build a 3rd literal, physical, earthly temple in the Bible.

Here is the purpose of the Ezekiel temple:

Ezekiel 43:10-12
“As for you, son of man, describe the temple to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; and let them measure the plan. 11If they are ashamed of all that they have done, make known to them the design of the house, its structure, its exits, its entrances, all its designs, all its statutes, and all its laws. And write it in their sight, so that they may observe its whole design and all its statutes and do them.12“This is the law of the house: its entire area on the top of the mountain all around shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.

So what exactly is the Ezekiel temple? It is the temple built by God himself:

John 2:19-22
Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” But He was speaking of the temple of His body. So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.

Hebrews 9:11-12
But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that have come,a He entered the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made by hands (that is, not of this creation). 12He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves, but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption

It is where God dwells with his people forever:

Ezekiel 43:9
Now let them put away their whoring and the dead bodies of their kings far from me, and I will dwell in their midst forever.

Ephesians 2:19-22
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Was there a time when the people of Israel saw this temple and were ashamed? YES

Acts 2:36-41
Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.” And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation.” So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Ezekiel temple (Ezekiel 40-43) was never built, nor was there any command given to God's people to build it. Additionally, there is no command for God's people to build a 3rd literal, physical, earthly temple in the Bible.
Not correct.
The Ezekiel Temple has not yet been built, but it will be. Many end times prophesies mention it; Haggai 2:9, Zechariah 6:15, Revelation 11:1-3, Micah 4:1, + and Paul states that Jesus will not come until after the Anti-Christ desecrates the Temple. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4
1 Peter 2:5 tell us that for this Christian era, we must be the spiritual Temple and offer spiritual sacrifices to God.

Note that the Ezekiel prophecy is directed to the House of Israel, not to Judah who currently occupy Jerusalem. There is soon to be a huge change in the Middle east and the world. It will be the Lord's Day of wrath, that will set the scene for all that is prophesied to happen in the last few years before Jesus Returns.

Reactions: Davy
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Ezekiel Temple has not yet been built,

I agree, In a literal earthly sense, that was one of the points I made

but it will be.

Please provide scripture that commands the people of God to build a 3rd literal, earthly temple.

Many end times prophesies mention it; Haggai 2:9, Zechariah 6:15, Revelation 11:1-3, Micah 4:1,

Haggai 2:9 is a reference to Christ

Zechariah 6:15 does not say they will build the temple, it says they will build IN the temple

Go back a little bit to
Zechariah 6:13. Who builds the temple and sits in it as king and high priest?

Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.
Zechariah 6:13

It’s obviously Christ:

Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
John 2:19

For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Hebrews 7:17

Micah 4:1 already fulfilled

But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Hebrews 12:22

and Paul states that Jesus will not come until after the Anti-Christ desecrates the Temple.

That’s because there was a literal physical temple at the time Paul wrote this.

tell us that for this Christian era, we must be the spiritual Temple and offer spiritual sacrifices to God.

The physical is a copy of the heavenly things. If we are the spiritual temple, which is far greater, why would God go back the physical?

Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Hebrews 9:9,11

Note that the Ezekiel prophecy is directed to the House of Israel, not to Judah who currently occupy Jerusalem. There is soon to be a huge change in the Middle east and the world. It will be the Lord's Day of wrath, that will set the scene for all that is prophesied to happen in the last few years before Jesus Returns.

Please provide scripture where God commands his people to build a 3rd physical literal earthly temple.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The physical is a copy of the heavenly things. If we are the spiritual temple, which is far greater, why would God go back the physical?
God wanted a Temple in ancient times. He will require one again and Jesus will reign from it.
Remember that what happened in the past, is a precursor for what will happen again in the future, 1 Corinthians 10:11
Please provide scripture where God commands his people to build a 3rd physical literal earthly temple.
Ezekiel 43:11...these are the Temple plans, the ordinances and the Laws for you to carry out.....

Why do you argue against having a new Temple? We Christians are the Lord's Spiritual Temple now, but that doesn't preclude another physical Temple to be built in the Lord's honor by all His faithful Christian people, as they live in all the holy Land. Isaiah 62:1-5, Ezekiel 34:11-31, Romans 9:24-26

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was a command to build the 1st temple and it was made by human hands:

1 Chronicles 28:6 He said to me, ‘Your son Solomon is the one who shall build My house and My courts; for I have chosen him to be a son to Me, and I will be a father to him.

1 Chronicles 28:11 Then David gave to his son Solomon the plan of the porch of the temple, its buildings, its storehouses, its upper rooms, its inner rooms and the room for the mercy seat;

2 Chronicles 2:1 Now Solomon decided to build a house for the name of the LORD and a royal palace for himself. 2So Solomon assigned 70,000 men to carry loads and 80,000 men to quarry stone in the mountains and 3,600 to supervise them.

There was a command to build the 2nd temple and it was made by human hands:

Ezra 1:3 ‘Whoever there is among you of all His people, may his God be with him! Let him go up to Jerusalem which is in Judah and rebuild the house of the LORD, the God of Israel; He is the God who is in Jerusalem.

Haggai 1:14 So the LORD stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and worked on the house of the LORD of hosts, their God,

Here is the purpose of the Ezekiel temple:

Ezekiel 43:10-12
“As for you, son of man, describe the temple to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; and let them measure the plan. 11If they are ashamed of all that they have done, make known to them the design of the house, its structure, its exits, its entrances, all its designs, all its statutes, and all its laws. And write it in their sight, so that they may observe its whole design and all its statutes and do them.12“This is the law of the house: its entire area on the top of the mountain all around shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.

So what exactly is the Ezekiel temple? It is the temple built by God himself:

John 2:19-22
Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” But He was speaking of the temple of His body. So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.

Hebrews 9:11-12
But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that have come,a He entered the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made by hands (that is, not of this creation). 12He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves, but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption

It is where God dwells with his people forever:

Ezekiel 43:9
Now let them put away their whoring and the dead bodies of their kings far from me, and I will dwell in their midst forever.

Ephesians 2:19-22
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Was there a time when the people of Israel saw this temple and were ashamed? YES

Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.” And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation.” So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

Below you will find the stones in that temple.

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

If we took all of the Christians in the world and placed them shoulder-to-shoulder, oh what a beautiful temple we would see, with the one who is the "cornerstone" in the midst of them.

I look forward to that day...

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lotsa luck with building that temple.

Sozomen (ca. A.D.375-447)
"Ecclesiastical History"
Book V, Chapter XXII

Though the emperor [Julian the Apostate] hated and opressed the Christians, he manifested benevolence and humanity towards the Jews. He wrote to the Jewish patriarchs and leaders, as well as to the people, requesting them to pray for him, and for the prosperity of the empire. In taking this step he was not actuated, I am convinced, by any respect for their religion; for he was aware that it is, so to speak, the mother of the Christian religion, and he knew that both religions rest upon the authority of the patriarchs and the prophets; but he thought to grieve the Christians by favoring the Jews, who are their most inveterate enemies. But perhaps he also calculated upon persuading the Jews to embrace paganism and sacrifices; for they were only acquainted with the mere letter of Scripture, and could not, like the Christians and a few of the wisest among the Hebrews, discern the hidden meaning.

Events proved that this was his real motive; for he sent for some of the chiefs of the race and exhorted them to return to the observance of the laws of Moses and the customs of their fathers. On their replying that because the temple in Jerusalem was overturned, it was neither lawful nor ancestral to do this in another place than the metropolis out of which they had been cast, he gave them public money, commanded them to rebuild the temple, and to practice the cult similar to that of their ancestors, by sacrificing after the ancient way. The Jews entered upon the undertaking, without reflecting that, according to the prediction of the holy prophets, it could not be accomplished. They sought for the most skillful artisans, collected materials, cleared the ground, and entered so earnestly upon the task, that even the women carried heaps of earth, and brought their necklaces and other female ornaments towards defraying the expense. The emperor, the other pagans, and all the Jews, regarded every other undertaking as secondary in importance to this. Although the pagans were not well-disposed towards the Jews, yet they assisted them in this enterprise, because they reckoned upon its ultimate success, and hoped by this means to falsify the prophecies of Christ. Besides this motive, the Jews themselves were impelled by the consideration that the time had arrived for rebuilding their temple. When they had removed the ruins of the former building, they dug up the ground and cleared away its foundation; it is said that on the following day when they were about to lay the first foundation, a great earthquake occurred, and by the violent agitation of the earth, stones were thrown up from the depths, by which those of the Jews who were engaged in the work were wounded, as likewise those who were merely looking on. The houses and public porticos, near the site of the temple, in which they had diverted themselves, were suddenly thrown down; many were caught thereby, some perished immediately, others were found half dead and mutilated of hands or legs, others were injured in other parts of the body. When God caused the earthquake to cease, the workmen who survived again returned to their task, partly because such was the edict of the emperor, and partly because they were themselves interested in the undertaking. Men often, in endeavoring to gratify their own passions, seek what is injurious to them, reject what would be truly advantageous, and are deluded-by the idea that nothing is really useful except what is agreeable to them. When once led astray by this error, they are no longer able to act in a manner conducive to their own interests, or to take warning by the calamities which are visited upon them.

The Jews, I believe, were just in this state; for, instead of regarding this unexpected earthquake as a manifest indication that God was opposed to the re-erection of their temple, they proceeded to recommence the work. But all parties relate, that they had scarcely returned to the undertaking, when fire burst suddenly from the foundations of the temple, and consumed several of the workmen.

This fact is fearlessly stated, and believed by all; the only discrepancy in the narrative is that some maintain that flame burst from the interior of the temple, as the workmen were striving to force an entrance, while others say that the fire proceeded directly from the earth. In whichever way the phenomenon might have occurred, it is equally wonderful. A more tangible and still more extraordinary prodigy ensued; suddenly the sign of the cross appeared spontaneously on the garments of the persons engaged in the undertaking. These crosses were disposed like stars, and appeared the work of art. Many were hence led to confess that Christ is God, and that the rebuilding of the temple was not pleasing to Him; others presented themselves in the church, were initiated, and besought Christ, with hymns and supplications, to pardon their transgression. If any one does not feel disposed to believe my narrative, let him go and be convinced by those who heard the facts I have related from the eyewitnesses of them, for they are still alive. Let him inquire, also, of the Jews and pagans who left the work in an incomplete state, or who, to speak more accurately, were able to commence it.

Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel rcvd the vision of the Temple and he was instructed to declare it to the Hebrew in Babylon captivity, which means it was meant to be built for them to replace the 1st Temple destroyed by Nebuchadnezar.

Ezekiel 40:4.....declare all that thou seest to the house of Israel.

Otherwise why would God show the Millennium Temple to those Hebrew in Babylon captivity ? They didnt even know what is Jesus Millennium as it had not been revealed to them.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ezekiel rcvd the vision of the Temple and he was instructed to declare it to the Hebrew in Babylon captivity, which means it was meant to be built for them to replace the 1st Temple destroyed by Nebuchadnezar.

Ezekiel 40:4.....declare all that thou seest to the house of Israel.

Otherwise why would God show the Millennium Temple to those Hebrew in Babylon captivity ? They didnt even know what is Jesus Millennium as it had not been revealed to them.

The house of Israel did not go into the Babylon captivity by king Nebuchadnezzar. You need to check Bible history again. The house of Israel represented only the ten northern tribes of Israel after God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms because of Solomon's sin (1 Kings 11>).

The ten tribes went in captivity first by the Assyrians to Assyria and the land of the Medes, and areas in what today is called Turkey. That was about 120 years prior to the Judah going into the Babylon captivity by Nebuchadnezzar. Ezekiel was sent to the house of Israel (ten tribes) which were still captive north of Babylon (Ezek.3).

2 Kings 17:5-7
5 Then the king of Assyria came up throughout all the land, and went up to Samaria, and besieged it three years.

6 In the ninth year of Hoshea the king of Assyria took Samaria, and carried Israel away into Assyria, and placed them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes.

7 For so it was, that the children of Israel had sinned against the LORD their God, which had brought them up out of the land of Egypt, from under the hand of Pharoah king of Egypt, and had feared other gods,
KJV

2 Kings 17:18
18 Therefore the LORD was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of His sight: there was none left but the tribe of Judah only.

KJV

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God wanted a Temple in ancient times.

Actually, it was David's desire to build a temple, as he (David) was living in a house, while the ark was in a tent. God never asked for a temple to be built, but he allowed David to build it. Because of this, there was a command by David to his Solomon to build the temple.

2 Samuel 7:5-7
Go and tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord says: Are you the one to build me a house to dwell in? I have not dwelt in a house from the day I brought the Israelites up out of Egypt to this day. I have been moving from place to place with a tent as my dwelling. Wherever I have moved with all the Israelites, did I ever say to any of their rulers whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, “Why have you not built me a house of cedar?” ’

Acts 7:45-50
It remained in the land until the time of David, who enjoyed God’s favor and asked that he might provide a dwelling place for the God of Jacob.k But it was Solomon who built a house for him.
However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says: “ ‘Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. what kind of house will you build for me? says the Lord. Or where will my resting place be? Has not my hand made all these things?’l

He will require one again

Where does it say God will require a future literal earthly temple?

Jesus will reign from it.

That is exactly what the Jews thought. The messiah would come and set up a literal earthly kingdom. But that is not what happened, hence the Jews rejected Jesus.

Remember that what happened in the past, is a precursor for what will happen again in the future, 1 Corinthians 10:11

Future? Paul states the end of the ages was upon his generation in 1 Corinthians 10:11:
These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

Ezekiel 43:11...these are the Temple plans, the ordinances and the Laws for you to carry out.....

Again, there is no command to build this temple in the verse you quoted. They are to observe all its forms, know the law, and do the statutes, but there is no command to build it.

Ezekiel 43:10-11
Thou, son of man, Shew the house of Israel the house, And they are ashamed of their iniquities, And they have measured the measurement. And since they have been ashamed of all that they have done, The form of the house, and its measurement, And its outlets, and its inlets, and all its forms, And all its statutes, even all its forms, And all its laws cause them to know, And write [it] before their eyes, And they observe all its forms, And all its statutes, and have done them. This [is] a law of the house: on the top of the mountain, all its border all round about [is] most holy; lo, this [is] a law of the house.

Why do you argue against having a new Temple?

I don't. The new temple is the body of Christ. It was Christ who would built the last temple through his death, resurrection, and ascension.

I argue against a literal earthly physical building temple, as there is no command for God's people to build a third literal earthyly temple in scripture.

Reactions: wilco and jgr
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ezekiel was shown this temple and was instructed to show this temple to the people of Israel that they may be ashamed, but there was no command to build this temple. There was no command because Jesus is the one to build the temple:

Zechariah 6:12
And say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, “Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: for he shall branch out from his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord

Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

And the Jews were shown this temple and they were ashamed:

Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.” And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation.”So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, it was David's desire to build a temple, as he (David) was living in a house, while the ark was in a tent. God never asked for a temple to be built, but he allowed David to build it. Because of this, there was a command by David to his Solomon to build the temple.

2 Samuel 7:5-7
Go and tell my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord says: Are you the one to build me a house to dwell in? I have not dwelt in a house from the day I brought the Israelites up out of Egypt to this day. I have been moving from place to place with a tent as my dwelling. Wherever I have moved with all the Israelites, did I ever say to any of their rulers whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, “Why have you not built me a house of cedar?” ’

Acts 7:45-50
It remained in the land until the time of David, who enjoyed God’s favor and asked that he might provide a dwelling place for the God of Jacob.k But it was Solomon who built a house for him.
However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says: “ ‘Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. what kind of house will you build for me? says the Lord. Or where will my resting place be? Has not my hand made all these things?’l

Where does it say God will require a future literal earthly temple?

That is exactly what the Jews thought. The messiah would come and set up a literal earthly kingdom. But that is not what happened, hence the Jews rejected Jesus.

Future? Paul states the end of the ages was upon his generation in 1 Corinthians 10:11:
These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

Again, there is no command to build this temple in the verse you quoted. They are to observe all its forms, know the law, and do the statutes, but there is no command to build it.

Ezekiel 43:10-11
Thou, son of man, Shew the house of Israel the house, And they are ashamed of their iniquities, And they have measured the measurement. And since they have been ashamed of all that they have done, The form of the house, and its measurement, And its outlets, and its inlets, and all its forms, And all its statutes, even all its forms, And all its laws cause them to know, And write [it] before their eyes, And they observe all its forms, And all its statutes, and have done them. This [is] a law of the house: on the top of the mountain, all its border all round about [is] most holy; lo, this [is] a law of the house.

I don't. The new temple is the body of Christ. It was Christ who would built the last temple through his death, resurrection, and ascension.

I argue against a literal earthly physical building temple, as there is no command for God's people to build a third literal earthyly temple in scripture.

You're just going to have to get over this 'Jesus ruling on earth now' traditions of men. Our Lord Jesus begins His eternal reign over all peoples when He returns to this earth literally, His feeting touching down upon the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem as written (Zech.14).

Only the Biblically illiterate and silly would think our Lord Jesus is now ruling over the wicked on earth today. Jesus has not returned yet, and the nations are still mad today.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟292,846.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel was shown this temple and was instructed to show this temple to the people of Israel that they may be ashamed, but there was no command to build this temple. There was no command because Jesus is the one to build the temple:
Reading all of Ezekiel 40-48, makes it quite plain that there will be an actual Temple built in the end times. What is described there doesn't relate to the Second Temple.
Jesus has built His spiritual Temple. We Christians are that 'Temple'.

Those who reject the idea of another Temple and all of the Lord's people, including alien believers; Ezekiel 47:21-23, living in all of the holy Land, have been fooled by false teachings.
Glossing over or ignoring plain Bible prophesies, is not right and just leads to mis-understandings.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only the Biblically illiterate and silly would think our Lord Jesus is now ruling over the wicked on earth today.

Poor illiterate and silly Jason. Caesar was king not Jesus.

and Jason has received them, and they are all acting against the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus.” And the people and the city authorities were disturbed when they heard these things.
Acts 17:7-8

I find it interesting, that just as the unbelieving Jews and authories found it disturbing that the disciples were calling Jesus king, so to do you call those silly and illiterate who believe Jesus is currently ruling as king.

You're just going to have to get over this 'Jesus ruling on earth now'

If you want to deny Jesus as your king that’s on you.

But Jesus is my king and no other. He is current ruler of all the kings of the earth.

and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood
Revelation 1:5

His eternal reign over all peoples when He returns to this earth literally, His feeting touching down upon the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem as written

His eternal reign began a long time ago

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Poor illiterate and silly Jason. Caesar was king not Jesus.

and Jason has received them, and they are all acting against the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus.” And the people and the city authorities were disturbed when they heard these things.

I find it interesting, that just as the unbelieving Jews and authories found it disturbing that the disciples were calling Jesus king, so to do you call those silly and illiterate who believe Jesus is currently ruling as king.

No, I just call those like you silly and ignorant for disobeying God's Word about Christ's future LITERAL reign over all nations. The true Church in Jesus Christ is not blind to Satan's devices of trying to create a make-believe kingdom here on earth today without Jesus. That is the plan you are on, the plan of their 'rock', and not the Plan of my Rock.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I just call those like you silly and ignorant for disobeying God's Word about Christ's future LITERAL reign over all nations. The true Church in Jesus Christ is not blind to Satan's devices of trying to create a make-believe kingdom here on earth today without Jesus. That is the plan you are on, the plan of their 'rock', and not the Plan of my Rock.

His future "reign" over all the nations is found in Matthew 25:31-46, and Revelation 11:15-18, at the judgment of the living and the dead.

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reading all of Ezekiel 40-48, makes it quite plain that there will be an actual Temple built in the end times. What is described there doesn't relate to the Second Temple.
Jesus has built His spiritual Temple. We Christians are that 'Temple'.

A few interested things about the Ezekiel temple

1. It is where The Lords throne is (heaven) AND where his feet rest (earth). It is where the Lord dwells in the midst of his people forever (body of Christ: whether at home with the Lord or present on earth)

and he said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the people of Israel forever. And the house of Israel shall no more defile my holy name, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoring and by the dead bodies of their kings at their high places,
Ezekiel 43:7

Thus says the Lord: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool; what is the house that you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest?
Isaiah 66:1

In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.
Ephesians 2:22

2. No wall of partition. Why? Because Christ fulfilled it:

by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility.
Ephesians 2:15-16

3. No court for women. Why because Christ fulfilled it:

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:28

4. No laver. Why because Jesus fulfilled it.

that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,
Ephesians 5:26

5. No table of shewbread. Why? Because Jesus fulfilled it:

Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.
John 6:35

6. No lamp stand. Why? Because Jesus fulfilled it

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
John 8:12

7. No alter of incense. Why? Because Christ fulfills it:

Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.
Hebrews 7:25

8. No veil. Why? Because Christ fulfilled it:

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh,
Hebrews 10:19-20

This is the temple that Jesus built and entered not made by human hands. This is the temple where Jesus sits as king and high priest after the order of Melchizedek.

It is he who shall build the temple of the Lord and shall bear royal honor, and shall sit and rule on his throne. And there shall be a priest on his throne, and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.”’
Zechariah 6:13

Jesus answered, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.”

For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe Moses said nothing about priests. This becomes even more evident when another priest arises in the likeness of Melchizedek, For it is witnessed of him, “You are a priest forever, after the order of Melchizedek.” This makes Jesus the guarantor of a better covenant.
Hebrews 7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I just call those like you silly and ignorant for disobeying God's Word about Christ's future LITERAL reign over all nations.

Yea, just like the unbelieving Jews, who were waiting for an earthly messiah to restore Israel's literal earthly kingdom, that were disturbed by Christians worshiping Jesus as their current king:

The true Church in Jesus Christ is not blind to Satan's devices of trying to create a make-believe kingdom here on earth today without Jesus.

If Christ has all authority in heaven and on earth (Matthew 28:18), and is the current ruler of all the kings of the earth (revelation 1:5), that means he owns everything. The heavens are his and the earth is his. His kingdom is everywhere and we as believers are citizens of this kingdom, whether we live as Christ or die to gain.

The kingdom of God as a present reality on earth and in heaven is not make believe. But one will not see or enter His kingdom or understand his kingship unless one is born again.

Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Do not be amazed that I said, ‘You must be born again.
John 3:5,7

Last edited:
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Genesis 14:18
And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (He was priest of God Most High.)

Hebrew 7:1
For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,

Do you know what it means to be a priest after the order of Melchizedek? It means to be both King and high priest.

Hebrews 7:15-22
This becomes even more evident when another priest arises in the likeness of Melchizedek, who has become a priest, not on the basis of a legal requirement concerning bodily descent, but by the power of an indestructible life. For it is witnessed of him,

“You are a priest forever,
after the order of Melchizedek.”

For on the one hand, a former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness for the law made nothing perfect); but on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God.

And it was not without an oath. For those who formerly became priests were made such without an oath, but this one was made a priest with an oath by the one who said to him:

The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind,
‘You are a priest forever.’”

This makes Jesus the guarantor of a better covenant.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're just going to have to get over this 'Jesus ruling on earth now' traditions of men.
Maybe you need to break the news to Jesus:

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Of course, I'm sure that's one of the many Scriptures that don't really mean what was said, right?

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The true Church in Jesus Christ is not blind to Satan's devices of trying to create a make-believe kingdom here on earth today without Jesus. That is the plan you are on, the plan of their 'rock', and not the Plan of my Rock.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

So quick, tell us what He really meant, as opposed to what He said.

Upvote 0