tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://johnpavlovitz.com/2019/01/0...l37mtn28mhn7B1XFRU5ciPVZXfSZausUSKCGDF68LXXYk
I love the look I saw this week.

It was the look of terrified dinosaurs realizing that the meteorite is on its way; the dilated pupils in the eyes of leadened, lumbering prehistoric monsters who’ve had their run of the house, now finding themselves at the precipice of extinction.

As the most diverse Congress in our history began its session, it was a harbinger of what is coming for this nation, and what it means for their species. America is growing more diverse, and its representative leadership (though still painfully lagging behind) is quickly making up ground. They can see the change in the weather and the light in the sky—and they are scrambling to avoid the coming impact because they can sense it will not end well for them.
tulc(thought this op-ed was interesting) :wave:

Last edited:

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you sure CF allows linking to hate speech like that?
Not sure how it qualifies as "hate speech", but if a mod wants me to take it down I have no problem taking it down. :wave:
tulc(is always happy to do what the mods want) :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The website froze my computer so I had to shut it down. Please don't post what amounts to a bare link with explanation as to its contents.
Not sure why that happened, but I took out the picture and gave a brief quote from the article in it's place. :wave:
tulc(hopes that helps make it clear) :)

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Where is the hate speech? Looks like a factual article, we're witnessing the decline of white supremacy. It's not going to happen overnight, but I think we'll begin to see the ebb of identity not politics that demonizes people of color finally lose power once and for all. I welcome a future where bow-tied Tucker Carlson's don't spew hate every weeknight.

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Ah. Thank you.

Hmm. Is the thesis that the Republicans are scared and acting out because old white people are racist or something? Mitch McConnell (I believe I saw his name in there somewhere before the site froze) was born in 1942, so he would have been roughly 12 years old when schools were desegregated, which I know was the cause of a lot of backlash in Alabama, his home state. So I could see how he might've grown up with racist views and such, as a lot of people did and still do. One would hope that by this point in his life he would have worked through that, if that was indeed the case (I don't know the man and do not follow politics closely, so I cannot say), so I don't know. The baby boomers certainly are or will be dying off soon, though, so that part is true. My question is whether or not things will be any better with the younger, non-boomers, for all our diversity and endless praising of ourselves for it. I suppose time will tell. I'm a curmudgeon, so I don't particularly like anything or anyone in the political world anyway, but I still do hope that things will be better in the future than they are now. I am tired of the yelling and the scapegoating and the tribalism and general nastiness. If we don't somehow learn to share the society, we could be looking at a future that is more like beautiful, explode-y downtown Beirut in 1982 than the Jetsons or whatever the utopian types see if we were to get our politics just right.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
  • Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Ah. Thank you.

Hmm. Is the thesis that the Republicans are scared and acting out because old white people are racist or something? Mitch McConnell (I believe I saw his name in there somewhere before the site froze) was born in 1942, so he would have been roughly 12 years old when schools were desegregated, which I know was the cause of a lot of backlash in Alabama, his home state. So I could see how he might've grown up with racist views and such, as a lot of people did and still do. One would hope that by this point in his life he would have worked through that, if that was indeed the case (I don't know the man and do not follow politics closely, so I cannot say), so I don't know. The baby boomers certainly are or will be dying off soon, though, so that part is true. My question is whether or not things will be any better with the younger, non-boomers, for all our diversity and endless praising of ourselves for it. I suppose time will tell. I'm a curmudgeon, so I don't particularly like anything or anyone in the political world anyway, but I still do hope that things will be better in the future than they are now. I am tired of the yelling and the scapegoating and the tribalism and general nastiness. If we don't somehow learn to share the society, we could be looking at a future that is more like beautiful, explode-y downtown Beirut in 1982 than the Jetsons or whatever the utopian types see if we were to get our politics just right.
It's not about whether people are holding racist views, it's about whether they uphold a system that promotes white supremacy and feeling threatened that such a system is coming to an end. White supremacy will go away, I think slower than people think, but faster than those thrashing to preserve it want.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The editorial wasn’t hateful, but it was provocative. The writer has a good point in that some of the older ways American society was stratified—such as by race, ethnicity, family background, and gender—are breaking down. But future society will still be hierarchical. Though by different criteria. Which will largely be educational achievement and wealth.

Edited to add: Forgot to mention occupation as another determinant of one’s place in the future social hierarchy. Though obviously, education, occupation, and wealth are all related.

Last edited:
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Not sure why that happened, but I took out the picture and gave a brief quote from the article in it's place. :wave:
tulc(hopes that helps make it clear) :)
Had no problem loading the page.

Upvote 0