The evolution creation debate can be murder.

Late_Cretaceous

<font color="#880000" ></font&g
Apr 4, 2002
Visit site
✟18,025.00
Faith
Catholic
I just gotta say wow. Somebody took having his Bronze Age worldview being threatened way too seriously, according to this article in the Brisbane Times.

A fruit picking trip to southern NSW ended in the death of a Scottish backpacker who became embroiled in a bizarre row about creationism and evolution.
English backpacker Alexander Christian York, 33, was on Friday sentenced to a maximum of five years jail for the manslaughter of Scotsman Rudi Boa in January last year.
Mr Boa, 28, died on January 27 after being stabbed by York at the Blowering Holiday Park, near Tumut.
Mr Boa and his girlfriend Gillian Brown arrived in Australia from Scotland at the end of 2005 and went to Tumut to pick fruit as their first port of call on a round the world holiday.
York had been in the country since April 2005.
The Scottish couple and York, neighbours at the caravan park, were becoming friends and spent the night of January 27 drinking at the Star Hotel in Tumut.
However, towards the end of the night, an argument between York and the pair about creationism versus evolution escalated into a shouting match at the pub.
The couple, both biomedical scientists, had been arguing the case of evolution, while York had taken a more biblical view of history.
"Although this became perhaps a little sharp edged, it did not really amount to anything," Justice Michael Adams said during York's sentencing in the NSW Supreme Court on Friday.
"For some reason, however ... the offender's mood changed suddenly and he began to abuse Mr Boa and Ms Brown.
"There was no hint of a physical confrontation and what a happened amounted to little more than a brief verbal contretemps."
Although the altercation had been defused by the time the Scottish tourists left the hotel, it became inflamed again at the caravan park when all three were quite drunk.
According to Ms Brown, York was making dinner when he attacked the couple outside his tent, stabbing Mr Boa with a kitchen knife as the argument escalated.
York said he had lashed out in self-defence, after being attacked by Mr Boa.
In the NSW Supreme Court sitting in Wagga Wagga in July, York was found guilty of manslaughter but acquitted of murdering Mr Boa.
He was sentenced to a maximum of five years in jail, with a non-parole period of three years.
He will be eligible for release on January 26, 2009.

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Someone already posted this.

The thread where you have been participating in all day, and have 39 posts in.

Wow. You really don't know where you are, what your arguing against, or what the issues are, do you? You're just here to argue at the drop of a hat.

Start paying attention to the specifics of the threads you're replying in, and this sort of embarrassment won't happen.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Wow --- I'm honored that someone would go through and count all my posts.

[rolls eyes]

Upvote 0

MoonLancer

The Moon is a reflection of the MorningStar
Aug 10, 2007
✟22,024.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Wow. You really don't know where you are, what your arguing against, or what the issues are, do you? You're just here to argue at the drop of a hat.

Start paying attention to the specifics of the threads you're replying in, and this sort of embarrassment won't happen.

so their are 3 threads? link?

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Someone already posted this.

Wow --- I'm honored that someone would go through and count all my posts.

[rolls eyes]
I got you dead to rights for being dishonest and deceptive, and your response continues in deception with this distraction post. You know as well as I, that all you have to do is click on the "Replies" number, and the info is right there. No counting involved.

Keep digging that hole, Christian.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I got you dead to rights for being dishonest and deceptive, and your response continues in deception with this distraction post. You know as well as I, that all you have to do is click on the "Replies" number, and the info is right there. No counting involved.

You guys are a barrel of fun --- ;)

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You guys are a barrel of fun --- ;)
Good answer, AV. Good answer.

BTW, there's only one of me. I represent me. I'm not a group. I wish you would stop with the [groupthink, 'you guys', 'us against them', lump everyone together] mentality.

If I say something to you, address me, not a group.

If I were you, I'd just quietly walk away from this. Everyone has already seen what you've made of yourself so far. Don't make it any worse on yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BTW, there's only one of me. I represent me. I'm not a group. I wish you would stop with the [groupthink, 'you guys', 'us against them', lump everyone together] mentality.

Woops --- sorry about that - (I really am). I forgot you didn't like that.

My apologies.

Upvote 0