Earth
✟1,464,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was once pointed out (take this for what it is worth, those of you all that actually lived it) that my generation and the ones that followed are the first that did not openly reject the morality of the parents. we took what we were given and ran with it and never stopped.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was once pointed out (take this for what it is worth, those of you all that actually lived it) that my generation and the ones that followed are the first that did not openly reject the morality of the parents. we took what we were given and ran with it and never stopped.
What one generation allows, another celebrates/enjoys

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,464,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Gxg (G²);62415441 said:
What one generation allows, another celebrates/enjoys

yeah, nowadays. it used to be, as far as I have read (hahaha), that the younger generation would rebel against the older. so the liberal parents would get a rebellious conservative next generation, and vice versa. mine is the first that took the liberal crazy of the 60's and ran with it.

Upvote 0

NicholasF

Feb 11, 2013
✟7,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The modern sexual issue has a long winded history. I would say the modern problem goes all the way back to the 1500s and we are just finally getting the payoff of centuries of strict individualism, sexual repression, and sexual liberation. I don't really know how to solve these problems other than being witnesses to the world with a loving heart and trying to convince others of the dangers which come with a sexual culture. Two of the big schools of thought that one is combating are the Critical Theorists and the Sex-Positive Feminists. Plus you're ultimately challenging the very basis of Modern Western thought and the culture itself. Truly it isn't a sexual culture that we are battling, it is a culture of violence and egoism.

Peace be with you,
Nicholas

Upvote 0