Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I got this article from Fr. Peter Preble's wall just a little while ago, and finished reading it just a bit ago as well. It both saddened me and really bothered me. I HATE inappropriate contentography and what this and the media, advertising companies, etc. are doing to our children. There's got to be a way to take action on this. Here's the link.

Children and the culture of inappropriate contentography: 'Boys will ask you every day until you say yes' - Telegraph

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I got this article from Fr. Peter Preble's wall just a little while ago, and finished reading it just a bit ago as well. It both saddened me and really bothered me. I HATE inappropriate contentography and what this and the media, advertising companies, etc. are doing to our children. There's got to be a way to take action on this. Here's the link.

Children and the culture of inappropriate contentography: 'Boys will ask you every day until you say yes' - Telegraph

Dang...

What happened to Chevonea was tragic - and even more alarming in light of how common it has become for many girls/boys exposed at early ages to sexualization.

Excellent article and glad he took the time to mention what he did since it needed to be said. I think what he noted on sexualization starts young is so true - as the "pencil cases that carry the Playboy bunny logo and Bratz dolls that look like they have just finished a shift at a strip joint" is so true.

I have never been for the ways girls are given high-heeled shoes and clothing you'd expect to be on a music diva. And the same with the make-up given to girls as young as 6yrs old and making them look like they're already young ladies needing to look attractive and get guys to stare at them. It's not necessary....and it creates a false imagery of what beauty is like, to the point that lookng modest and not having a certain size or figure is demonized.

On the issue of the article you noted, I think you'd enjoy the ministry of Boundless.org, as they've done many stellar articles on the subject of how little girls are actually being sexually exploited ...and trained to be attractive at a far earlier age than warranted....

For some good articles on the issue:

Outside of that, another one to consider is on the subject of. I don't like it when my little sister watches shows such as "Hannah Montana" or sees the dolls in stores that have sexy clothing on. Parents won't let her buy them​

Some of what the article mentioned that you gave reminded me of some of the discussions we had when it came to things like Babie - if recalling where the issue of Pregnant Barbie was discussed ( #32 #33 #49 ) and the way girls are trained early on to have a low image of themselves because of how the figures they play with as kids give the message that being pretty means being a certain size/having a certain look (as shared in #6 ). And this also goes for what is seen in Disney films, as you'll always see attractive women as the princesses but never someone who looks average. The amount of women who are overlooked because they don't have an "hour-glass" body or look like a Barbie model when they dress is amazing....even if they're the most beautiful people ever, regardless of their size or look.

Seems many want girls to not be kids and go straight to being women..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);62360415 said:
Dang...

What happened to Chevonea was tragic - and even more alarming in light of how common it has become for many girls/boys exposed at early ages to sexualization.

Excellent article and glad he took the time to mention what he did since it needed to be said. I think what he noted on sexualization starts young is so true - as the "pencil cases that carry the Playboy bunny logo and Bratz dolls that look like they have just finished a shift at a strip joint" is so true.

I have never been for the ways girls are given high-heeled shoes and clothing you'd expect to be on a music diva. And the same with the make-up given to girls as young as 6yrs old and making them look like they're already young ladies needing to look attractive and get guys to stare at them. It's not necessary....and it creates a false imagery of what beauty is like, to the point that lookng modest and not having a certain size or figure is demonized.

On the issue of the article you noted, I think you'd enjoy the ministry of Boundless.org, as they've done many stellar articles on the subject of how little girls are actually being sexually exploited ...and trained to be attractive at a far earlier age than warranted....

For some good articles on the issue:

Outside of that, another one to consider is on the subject of. I don't like it when my little sister watches shows such as "Hannah Montana" or sees the dolls in stores that have sexy clothing on. Parents won't let her buy them​

Some of what the article mentioned that you gave reminded me of some of the discussions we had when it came to things like Babie - if recalling where the issue of Pregnant Barbie was discussed ( #32 #33 #49 ) and the way girls are trained early on to have a low image of themselves because of how the figures they play with as kids give the message that being pretty means being a certain size/having a certain look (as shared in #6 ). And this also goes for what is seen in Disney films, as you'll always see attractive women as the princesses but never someone who looks average. The amount of women who are overlooked because they don't have an "hour-glass" body or look like a Barbie model when they dress is amazing....even if they're the most beautiful people ever, regardless of their size or look.

Seems many want girls to not be kids and go straight to being women..
Yes, I so agree. And just about when I read the article in my OP was when the stupid Superbowl was going on. I was thinking to myself after hubby told me about all the complaints people were making on their FB statuses about the half-time show. Really, each year, it gets worse and worse. I don't care about football and couldn't care less about the Superbowl. It gets sleazier every year if you ask me. So, Beyonce's performance at the half-time show was another example of what we are talking about here....sexualizing everything in society.

Fr. Peter Preble wrote a blog on it, and what I have to say to it...AMEN.

The Super Bowl and Morality - AOI Observer

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I so agree. And just about when I read the article in my OP was when the stupid Superbowl was going on. I was thinking to myself after hubby told me about all the complaints people were making on their FB statuses about the half-time show. Really, each year, it gets worse and worse. I don't care about football and couldn't care less about the Superbowl. It gets sleazier every year if you ask me. So, Beyonce's performance at the half-time show was another example of what we are talking about here....sexualizing everything in society.

Fr Peter hit the nail on the head. AMEN!

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Really, each year, it gets worse and worse. I don't care about football and couldn't care less about the Superbowl. It gets sleazier every year if you ask me. So, Beyonce's performance at the half-time show was another example of what we are talking about here....sexualizing everything in society.
Amazingly, in light of the issue of sexualizing everything in society, I was shocked to see how many Christians actually were praising the half-time show for being an awesome performance.

The issue of over-sexualization has gotten so pervasive that we don't even stop to consider certain dynamics anymore. If your husband is already aware of the issue, thank goodness - for it really seems that a lot of people focus only on the half-time show and not on the more intense things that have occurred. After the half-time show and during the time where the game was postponed for awhile because of a power -outage, some of the men at my Superbowl Party got to talk on how many will literally trip out at a game pausing where millions are hooked - but not many will pause the game to seriously think/consider on the people harmed and all the negative going on during the event and whether attention was given to it.

For not many were even aware of how all of the commercials played during the SuperBowl and throughout the week are a part of the reason why the Superbowl is the #1 time of the year where Human trafficking is highest in the U.S ., according to Texas attorney general Greg Abbott…and now police, NFL players and Christian ministries are aiming to take on the sex industry.

Had to do a presentation on it last year for Youth Work and I was blown away and how I thought it was the commercials alone that were the issue...and yet it was so much more intricate. The Super Bowl has been called the largest sex-trafficking event in the United States. Women, men, boys and girls are all sold on the underground for the sexual pleasure of fans caught up in football mania, parties and alcohol.

Because the hoopla surrounding the Super Bowl has expanded beyond Game Day to an entire week of parties and other festivities, large numbers of pimps and their workers flood into the host city each year.

Thousands of girls were brought into Indianapolis for this single event. Two men were arrested in 2010 for an ad on Craigslist's Miami board advertising sex with a 14-year-old girl as a "Super Bowl Special." And in 2009, Florida's Department of Children and Families reported 24 children — most of whom were runaways — as victims of sex trafficking for the Super Bowl. The 2010 Super Bowl saw an estimated 10,000 sex workers brought into Miami. Despite efforts to crack down on sex trafficking at the 2011 Super Bowl in Dallas, there was still a tremendous number of women and children sexually exploited.

Other men were arrested this 2013 year as well thankfully. Specifically, eight men were previously days before the Superbowl as part of a sex trafficking ring exposed in New Orleans. This case supports advocacy agencies' claims that the Super Bowl is the "single largest human trafficking incident in the United States."

Praise God for the men who've been arrested thus far trying to run game on others during the Super Bowl Game. But it is something that is not taken seriously by many because there has been so much sexualization that it doesn't really phase people to see the consequences and ramifications of the things allowed.

Sexualization is directly tied to the desire for fun at all costs - and as long as that is not addressed, more exploitation will occur. There was a wonderful testimony I was glad for that I wish more were aware of - as it's from a former sex trafficking victim shines light on dark underworld of Super Bowl

If wanting to give your kids or others some good reviews that have aided others in more info on how to protest on the matter:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I still wonder why so many have been a bit shocked over what happened at the Superbowl this year with the half-time show with Beyonce. She was a big time musical star when I was in highschool - but you knew EXACTLY what you were getting when you played her songs...be it with the music she made when she was in "Destiny's Child" group or when she went solo. I do think it's significant that she has gotten a lot more blantant in the symbolism she invokes in her music videos since so much of it is blantantly in line with FreeMasonry/Illumanit ideas - just as her husband Jay-Z has been notorious for doing ...with him claiming to be the Lord/praising Satan.

Another individual wisely noted that Beyonce’s half-time show in Sunday night’s Super Bowl game was all about trying to make Hell look cool (more at Super Bowl Show: Trying to Make Hell Look Cool - Catholic Sistas ) - and anyone familar with what Alexander Crowly or Anton Lavey taught will be aware of how none of what she did was by accident . Following some of the videos she has made over the years, it has gotten progressively worse and worse - with it seeming like she's reflecting what used to occur in the Heavy Metal culture with the rock/roll songs which were explictly dedicated to the enemy. O the other videos made by Beyonce and many others over the years that many have noted (some of which were on the "other side" and noted how you had to intentionally ignore things to support certain conclusions), I'm still amazed that it seems to go past people like she's just an entertainer..:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Fr Peter had some very excellent points - paticularly as it concerns the issue of spectrum and the ways that it seem morality tends to evolve. The things Elvis did seem tame to what we see - and yet in his day, it was on the edge to see his dance movements....and with the Women's Rights movement, as much as they demonize men for suppressing women/treating them in dehumanizing ways, it is interesting that very little is said on the ways that women play a big role in it - and yet it seems like there's a willingness to talk more on higher wages/pay or gender roles and feminism rather than on how women sell their bodies for power.

It seems that anything goes so long as a woman has influence - and I'm thankful Fr Peter pointed out that it makes no sense for Beyonce to do as she did if the goal is to really have women empowered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);62369215 said:
Amazingly, in light of the issue of sexualizing everything in society, I was shocked to see how many Christians actually were praising the half-time show for being an awesome performance.

The issue of over-sexualization has gotten so pervasive that we don't even stop to consider certain dynamics anymore. If your husband is already aware of the issue, thank goodness - for it really seems that a lot of people focus only on the half-time show and not on the more intense things that have occurred. After the half-time show and during the time where the game was postponed for awhile because of a power -outage, some of the men at my Superbowl Party got to talk on how many will literally trip out at a game pausing where millions are hooked - but not many will pause the game to seriously think/consider on the people harmed and all the negative going on during the event and whether attention was given to it.

For not many were even aware of how all of the commercials played during the SuperBowl and throughout the week are a part of the reason why the Superbowl is the #1 time of the year where Human trafficking is highest in the U.S ., according to Texas attorney general Greg Abbott…and now police, NFL players and Christian ministries are aiming to take on the sex industry.

Had to do a presentation on it last year for Youth Work and I was blown away and how I thought it was the commercials alone that were the issue...and yet it was so much more intricate. The Super Bowl has been called the largest sex-trafficking event in the United States. Women, men, boys and girls are all sold on the underground for the sexual pleasure of fans caught up in football mania, parties and alcohol.

Because the hoopla surrounding the Super Bowl has expanded beyond Game Day to an entire week of parties and other festivities, large numbers of pimps and their workers flood into the host city each year.

Thousands of girls were brought into Indianapolis for this single event. Two men were arrested in 2010 for an ad on Craigslist's Miami board advertising sex with a 14-year-old girl as a "Super Bowl Special." And in 2009, Florida's Department of Children and Families reported 24 children — most of whom were runaways — as victims of sex trafficking for the Super Bowl. The 2010 Super Bowl saw an estimated 10,000 sex workers brought into Miami. Despite efforts to crack down on sex trafficking at the 2011 Super Bowl in Dallas, there was still a tremendous number of women and children sexually exploited.

Other men were arrested this 2013 year as well thankfully. Specifically, eight men were previously days before the Superbowl as part of a sex trafficking ring exposed in New Orleans. This case supports advocacy agencies' claims that the Super Bowl is the "single largest human trafficking incident in the United States."

Praise God for the men who've been arrested thus far trying to run game on others during the Super Bowl Game. But it is something that is not taken seriously by many because there has been so much sexualization that it doesn't really phase people to see the consequences and ramifications of the things allowed.

Sexualization is directly tied to the desire for fun at all costs - and as long as that is not addressed, more exploitation will occur. There was a wonderful testimony I was glad for that I wish more were aware of - as it's from a former sex trafficking victim shines light on dark underworld of Super Bowl

If wanting to give your kids or others some good reviews that have aided others in more info on how to protest on the matter:

• Sex-Trafficking at the Super Bowl

I think we don't notice all this because we are immersed in it. One has to step outside that realm for a while and then step back in to see how really blatant it is on the sexual issue.

We haven't had tv (channels to watch) since June 2011, and we don't miss it, but when we happen to catch something on tv in a waiting room or at a restaurant, it kinda freaks us out because we haven't been in that realm in so long. The commercials during the Superbowl are ridiculous. I remember them and really most commercials during sports shows, are all centered on three things: Women, Booze, and Cars/Trucks. That's what I noticed. It really makes the character of a male both stereotypical and a caricature.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);62369261 said:
I still wonder why so many have been a bit shocked over what happened at the Superbowl this year with the half-time show with Beyonce. She was a big time musical star when I was in highschool - but you knew EXACTLY what you were getting when you played her songs...be it with the music she made when she was in "Destiny's Child" group or when she went solo. I do think it's significant that she has gotten a lot more blantant in the symbolism she invokes in her music videos since so much of it is blantantly in line with FreeMasonry/Illumanit ideas - just as her husband Jay-Z has been notorious for doing ...with him claiming to be the Lord/praising Satan.

Another individual wisely noted that Beyonce’s half-time show in Sunday night’s Super Bowl game was all about trying to make Hell look cool (more at Super Bowl Show: Trying to Make Hell Look Cool - Catholic Sistas ) - and anyone familar with what Alexander Crowly or Anton Lavey taught will be aware of how none of what she did was by accident . Following some of the videos she has made over the years, it has gotten progressively worse and worse - with it seeming like she's reflecting what used to occur in the Heavy Metal culture with the rock/roll songs which were explictly dedicated to the enemy. O the other videos made by Beyonce and many others over the years that many have noted (some of which were on the "other side" and noted how you had to intentionally ignore things to support certain conclusions), I'm still amazed that it seems to go past people like she's just an entertainer..:

I really don't know any of her music except the one song that I've heard on the radio, and I don't know any of her husband's music. Wow, about her husband. I didn't realize that he thought he was the Lord or Satan? What? :o :confused:

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);62369424 said:
Fr Peter had some very excellent points - paticularly as it concerns the issue of spectrum and the ways that it seem morality tends to evolve. The things Elvis did seem tame to what we see - and yet in his day, it was on the edge to see his dance movements....and with the Women's Rights movement, as much as they demonize men for suppressing women/treating them in dehumanizing ways, it is interesting that very little is said on the ways that women play a big role in it - and yet it seems like there's a willingness to talk more on higher wages/pay or gender roles and feminism rather than on how women sell their bodies for power.

It seems that anything goes so long as a woman has influence - and I'm thankful Fr Peter pointed out that it makes no sense for Beyonce to do as she did if the goal is to really have women empowered.
Yes, I agree. It makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I really don't know any of her music except the one song that I've heard on the radio, and I don't know any of her husband's music. Wow, about her husband. I didn't realize that he thought he was the Lord or Satan? What? :o :confused:
He has dissed Christ on a number of occasions. Unless you work often with folks in Hip Hop/Urban culture, it is not something a lot of folks are well aware of - but it has been very blantant for a long time and has continued to do. I always encourage folks to know the music that youth listen to because it's not just music and it has gotten a lot more intense

A lof of people used to be Jay-Z fans -- until they began to closely examine what the rapper who calls himself Jehovah really believes about God and the Bible. The song was called Izzo (H.O.V.A.)...."H-to-the-Izzo V-to-the-Izza" Jay-Z sang in his famous song wherein he deemed himself the god of rap -- playing off the holy name Jehovah, a name so precious that His chosen people used to not even utter it.

"That's the anthem, get your ^#))$&@ ! hands up!" Jay-Z commanded, and Beyonce -- appearing in a cameo of the video, got her hands up one by one. Jay-Z also wore a "Do what thou wilt" shirt, a saying derived from occultist Aleister Crowley, a man who wrote odes to the devil and called one of the most evil. That also goes in line with his referening plenty of Scripture themes in his songs, like one called Lucifer

Jay-z-Jesus-can-t-save-you-lyrics-but-Jesus-Christ-is-the-only-one-who-saves-do-what-thouh-wilt.jpg

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Interestingly enough, she supported him in the video for the song that he made on claiming he was God. Years later after the incident, Beyonce told 60 Minutes that she didn't think God minded her shaking her behind-- and the report shows prayer going on with her touring crew, and speaks of the Bible-study days that kept her out of trouble as a teenager

She needs a lot of prayer - as her father was the one who encouraged her to go from singing in Gospel Choir to being in the industry - and all in the name of the Lord sadly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think we don't notice all this because we are immersed in it. One has to step outside that realm for a while and then step back in to see how really blatant it is on the sexual issue.
It can be very difficult to disconnect so that one can see the scope of the problem.
We haven't had tv (channels to watch) since June 2011, and we don't miss it,
A lot of folks are right there with ya :)
but when we happen to catch something on tv in a waiting room or at a restaurant, it kinda freaks us out because we haven't been in that realm in so long. The commercials during the Superbowl are ridiculous. I remember them and really most commercials during sports shows, are all centered on three things: Women, Booze, and Cars/Trucks. That's what I noticed. It really makes the character of a male both stereotypical and a caricature
It is interesting to see what happens when you cease connection with media for a time - and then come back to it only to notice things you didn't see before. Thought about that after driving home last night from attending the Chrismation of one of my brothers in the Lord - as I was reminded of a show alot of kids watched back in the early 90s called Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ...and I was floored thinking on how there was a femme fatale in the show despite the fact that it was geared for kids 9-8yrs and below. Talked to my cousin afterward on the issue and he noted how so many of the shows many loved/felt were for children had a lot of sexual themes in them that got passed over... and when you go back/check it out, it is interesting.

With the Superbowl, it seemed a bit more shocking to see how many commercials were more dedicated to talking on having to sell your soul to get something - and it seemed like the formula of Women/Drinks and trucks almost got pushed to a new level..but it does promote the stereotypical view of men. That people love it alongside the sexualization of women is a great pity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);62369711 said:
Interestingly enough, she supported him in the video for the song that he made on claiming he was God. Years later after the incident, Beyonce told 60 Minutes that she didn't think God minded her shaking her behind-- and the report shows prayer going on with her touring crew, and speaks of the Bible-study days that kept her out of trouble as a teenager

She needs a lot of prayer - as her father was the one who encouraged her to go from singing in Gospel Choir to being in the industry - and all in the name of the Lord sadly.

I am vaguely aware that she had claimed she was a Christian years ago when my friend was talking about how Beyonce had veered off the path and was saying things like "What are you doing, Beyonce?!". And continued by telling me her disappointment in Beyonce.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);62369744 said:
It can be very difficult to disconnect so that one can see the scope of the problem.
A lot of folks are right there with ya :)
It is interesting to see what happens when you cease connection with media for a time - and then come back to it only to notice things you didn't see before. Thought about that after driving home last night from attending the Chrismation of one of my brothers in the Lord - as I was reminded of a show alot of kids watched back in the early 90s called Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ...and I was floored thinking on how there was a femme fatale in the show despite the fact that it was geared for kids 9-8yrs and below. Talked to my cousin afterward on the issue and he noted how so many of the shows many loved/felt were for children had a lot of sexual themes in them that got passed over... and when you go back/check it out, it is interesting.

With the Superbowl, it seemed a bit more shocking to see how many commercials were more dedicated to talking on having to sell your soul to get something - and it seemed like the formula of Women/Drinks and trucks almost got pushed to a new level..but it does promote the stereotypical view of men. That people love it alongside the sexualization of women is a great pity.

Yeah, it's unfortunate a lot of the "kid" movies and tv shows do have that underlying sexual bit. Innuendo is quite obvious in some kids' movies. I've been told, and I don't know if it's because they don't really care or don't think it's of concern, but some ppl will say that it's over the child's head so since they don't know what's going on or what it's about, it's ok. For me, it depends on how it's displayed in movies and if crude behavior is surrounding it.

My women's church grp got together this past Tuesday night and were discussing the changes in ppl over the past several generations and how being rude is no big deal these days. Examples Presbytera gave were girls speaking such foul language worse than boys and one of her fellow teachers burping loudly in front of her - younger woman - without trying to do so quietly or saying "excuse me." I'm wondering how it's going to be for our kids and their kids after them. I'm afraid I don't see it getting better.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Gxg (G²);62369668 said:
He has dissed Christ on a number of occasions. Unless you work often with folks in Hip Hop/Urban culture, it is not something a lot of folks are well aware of - but it has been very blantant for a long time and has continued to do. I always encourage folks to know the music that youth listen to because it's not just music and it has gotten a lot more intense

A lof of people used to be Jay-Z fans -- until they began to closely examine what the rapper who calls himself Jehovah really believes about God and the Bible. The song was called Izzo (H.O.V.A.)...."H-to-the-Izzo V-to-the-Izza" Jay-Z sang in his famous song wherein he deemed himself the god of rap -- playing off the holy name Jehovah, a name so precious that His chosen people used to not even utter it.

"That's the anthem, get your ^#))$&@ ! hands up!" Jay-Z commanded, and Beyonce -- appearing in a cameo of the video, got her hands up one by one. Jay-Z also wore a "Do what thou wilt" shirt, a saying derived from occultist Aleister Crowley, a man who wrote odes to the devil and called one of the most evil. That also goes in line with his referening plenty of Scripture themes in his songs, like one called Lucifer

Jay-z-Jesus-can-t-save-you-lyrics-but-Jesus-Christ-is-the-only-one-who-saves-do-what-thouh-wilt.jpg

oh Jay-Z. I know some folks were up in arms because he does that handsign where he looks through the opening of his index fingers and thumbs, with folks thinking that is a Masonic All seeing eye connection. but I never saw a Crowley connection until now. yeesh.

Upvote 0