wayseer

Jun 10, 2008
Maryborough, QLD, Australia
✟11,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Regardless Brother, it is the evil you chose to offend God with and you, as all true men of God, should renounce it while you still may, not because of the evil practices inherent in the men within but the evil of the institution itself.

Geee ... is it alright if I go to my local church? How is my theology these days? Can I smoke? I have the odd nip of scotch - is that allowed? Can I join Lions? How about the local outlaw motor cycle gang?

Upvote 0

Skip Sampson

Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
✟9,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FM does not have anything to say about spiritual matters - that is solely up to individual members. What FM does encourage is moral and ethical change.
I suggest you become better informed, or, actually, informed, before stating your conclusions. Follow this link and read the EA Candidate Guide from the Grand Lodge of California:
http://www.freemason.org/document/Candidate Guide: Entered Apprentice Degree.pdf?documentId=171

Here's a quote from that document:
While Freemasonry is an organization that has rules, regulations, archives, and minutes, only the transmission of Masonic traditions, through the proper ritual forms and ancient ceremonies, can communicate the personal, philosophical, spiritual, ethical, and moral end-state which is the fundamental purpose of Freemasonry. (pgs. 6 -7)

The idea of spiritual development occuring due to participation in Masonic ritual is not limited to California. Cordially, Skip.

Upvote 0

O.F.F.

An Ex-Mason for Jesus
Jan 22, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟9,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jim,

Where there is God, there is assurance of things, not confusion, uncertainty and debate without end. Our God is a God of absolutes. He doesn't mince His words and neither does His Son. The Father has said that He will not tolerate the least acknowledgment of any other god and His Son has said that whoever does not honor His Father, He will not even recognize before His Father; His blood will not cover the soul that dishonors His Father. How much more clear does this need to be? Christians...if we're in for a penny, we must be in for the whole pound.

Well spoken my sister! It made me think again, why do I continue arguing with stubborn Masons ad nauseam for nearly 7 years now? Especially since it has been abundantly clear that the ones I usually engage have already made up their minds that they will never leave the Lodge.

But the Holy Spirit reminded me, again, that it's not for them. They have their reward in full, and will have a rude awakening at the appropriate time. It is for those who would buy into their deception and join the Masonic Order had we (O.F.F. and other saints who defend the Christian faith) not been around to prevent that mistake from happening.

And you're right; God is not a God of confusion. And I think he uses us, and strong sisters in the Lord like you, to help clear things up. Thank you for your input; your presence is a breath of fresh air!

Upvote 0

O.F.F.

An Ex-Mason for Jesus
Jan 22, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟9,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wayne said:
I have most certainly been in for the whole pound ever since He reclaimed my life from a drug-addicted hell, December 20, 1986.

And once He reclaims your life from an idolatrous-fraternity then you'll be complete; assuming there are no other strongholds He needs to deliver you from.

Upvote 0

wayseer

Jun 10, 2008
Maryborough, QLD, Australia
✟11,131.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I suggest you become better informed, or, actually, informed, before stating your conclusions. Follow this link and read the EA Candidate Guide from the Grand Lodge of California:
http://www.freemason.org/document/Candidate Guide: Entered Apprentice Degree.pdf?documentId=171

Here's a quote from that document:

The idea of spiritual development occuring due to participation in Masonic ritual is not limited to California. Cordially, Skip.

[/LEFT]

Between you and Lord Haw Haw it is little wonder that Christians are leaving their faith.

Upvote 0

Skip Sampson

Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
✟9,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...it is little wonder that Christians are leaving their faith.
That's a non sequitur. As has been shown, freemasonry desires a "spiritual endstate" and it's rituals are how that endstate is achieved. Which makes you incorrect.

Not sure what Lord Haw Haw has to do with Christianity, but your characterization is offensive and, coupled with your lack of knowledge about Freemasonry, tells us much about you, none of it good. You might want to reconsider your statements. Cordially, Skip.

Upvote 0

Skip Sampson

Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
Fayetteville, NC
✟9,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here's more info on how GL authority gets them into conflicts:

Back in 2006 West Virginia Grand Master Frank J. Haas piloted a number of changes through his grand lodge. The changes, sometimes called the Wheeling Reforms, included among others allowing the previously and again now forbidden Pledge of Allegiance in the lodge, Masonic youth groups to use lodge facilities, materials and media not directly associated with blue lodge Masonry, Masonic funerals for cremated Masons, and donations to charities not specifically Masonically affiliated. West Virginia’s next grand master quickly reversed all the changes. When Past Grand Master Haas, a West Virginia judge, voiced his objection in lodges and media accessible to non-Masons, he was summarily expelled from membership, without trial by the then grand master.

Haas sued in court, contending that he was not given proper treatment according to the grand lodge’s procedures. As is often the case, the suit was delayed and has yet to be heard. Past findings seem to show that the courst tend to stay out of disputes on voluntary organizations so long as the organization acts within its own bylaws.

Haas moved to Ohio. After satisfying the Ohio Grand Lodge’s residency requirement, he petitioned, and was voted into an Ohio Masonic lodge. With the knowledge and approval of the Ohio Grand Lodge, they conferred all three degrees. While customary courtesy has jurisdictions honoring the expulsions and suspensions in other states, in Ohio (as in North Carolina) there is nothing in Masonic law to require such considerations.

West Virginia objected to Ohio’s actions and exercised the only authority they had – they withdrew recognition. In response, Ohio withdrew recognition of West Virginia. That is where they stand still. We can find no report on further action by the courts which were to hear the case this summer. (The North Carolina Mason, Summer/October, NC GL, pg. 5)
The issue of the Pledge is an interesting one, though I'm not sure where that stands. Cordially, Skip.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rev Wayne

Simplicity + Sincerity = Serenity
Sep 16, 2003
SC
Visit site
✟13,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Both these men work for the devil.

Pretty cute, but what does this have to do with Freemasonry, since neither of them is a Mason?

And obviously you have some kind of thing about hand signs, apparently you didn't know that in simple sign language, the hand sign made by Bush simply says "love?" A lady in one of our churches who signed, taught that one as "I love you" to our daughter years ago.

One thing we can certainly say about the devil, he doesn't have people working for him going around flashing hand signals--especially not ones signifying "love."

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus also said of a Roman centurion, that he had greater faith than anyone He had seen in Israel. He spoke in the synagogue affirming that of all the widows in Israel in the days of the prophets, the only one to whom the prophet was sent was a widow of Zarephath, a Gentile. And He pointed out that out of all those who suffered from the disease of leprosy in OT days, the only one who was healed was Naaman the Syrian.

Yes, our God is a God of absolutes: He is God and no one else. I can't speak for Jim, but I have most certainly been in for the whole pound ever since He reclaimed my life from a drug-addicted hell, December 20, 1986.

You will receive no argument from me regarding God's right to use whomever He pleases to accomplish His Will.
Jesus rewarded the centurion's respect for the authority and power of God's Word, the same Word that condemns the recognition of any other god before Him.
We learn everywhere in the Scriptures, that when God's people fall into a backslidden condition, and refuse His testimony, He turns, as it were, to those who are outside, and exhibits there the sovereignty of His grace. The Lord Himself reminded His hearers in the synagogue of Nazareth of this fact, and cited in support of it this very case of the widow of Zarephath, as well as that of Naaman the Syrian.
When Jesus said, "Go, and sin no more" to the adultress, the message was clear that a change in our behavior is expected in exchange for God's grace. The unfailing mark of a true servant of God is obedience.

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Geee ... is it alright if I go to my local church? How is my theology these days? Can I smoke? I have the odd nip of scotch - is that allowed? Can I join Lions? How about the local outlaw motor cycle gang?

Your point is what...that it's okay to claim the blood of Christ and continue in willful disobedience and brazen disrespect of God?
Is it alright if you go to your local church? By all means. I do.
How is your theology these days? Dunno, to which theology do you refer, ascetic, moral, revealed, scholastic, speculative or systematic?
Can you smoke? If you wish. I found it controlling after twenty some years so I quit. There was also something off about a butt hanging out of my mouth as I beheld the miracle of my infant son.
May you have an odd nip of scotch? Pour one for me while you're at it though I'd prefer a warm brandy if you have it.
Dunno about the Outlaws but there is nothing better than an exhilarating ride on a beautiful hog. Any other questions?

Oops, left out the one about the Lions...and tigers and bears, oh my!

Upvote 0