Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I’ll be the first to admit that president Donald Trump isn’t perfect. He said some mean things about undocumented immigrants, calling them drug-dealers, criminals, and rapists. He has a huge ego. And I certainly don’t approve of his extramarital affairs. But whatever Trump’s flaws, at least he gets one thing right: he is pro-life.

Abortion is arguably the number one issue of our time. According to the Wikipedia page called “Abortion statistics in the United States,” there have been 45.7 million abortions in the United States since Roe v. Wade. By comparison, 6 million Jews were killed in the Holocaust. This means that 7.5 times more babies have been murdered in the womb than Jews who were gassed by the Nazis. Let those numbers sink in for a moment.

The Bible consistently confirms that God believes life begins at conception. One example is Jeremiah 1:5, which says, “Before you were in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Another example is Luke 1:41, which says, “When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.”

How is Trump against abortion? Here are some facts on the matter:

1. Trump has chosen many nominees who are against abortion, including Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch.

2. Trump wants to completely ban abortion except for rape, incest, or when the life of the woman is in danger.

3. Trump showed support for a ban on abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Just In: Brody File Exclusive: Donald Trump Comes Out In Support Of 20 Week Abortion Ban

4. Trump wants to appeal the Affordable Care Act, which provides people with health insurance coverage for abortion.

5. Trump would have preferred to shut down the government rather than fund Planned Parenthood, a prominent abortion racket.

6. Trump’s VP Pence said he wants to see Roe v. Wade on “the ash heap of history,” and he has a consistent record of defending life in the womb. Democratic National Convention, the final day: 'When there are no ceilings, the sky's the limit,' Clinton says - Los Angeles Times

Because abortion is arguably the Holocaust of our day, it is of the utmost importance that we Christians vote for pro-life political leaders. We all must take a principled stand against the notable genocide that is occurring in our country. Trump isn’t perfect, but at least he is pro-life. For that reason, I believe he is the most ethical candidate to vote for next year when the 2020 presidential election takes place.

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If all one cares about is abortion, vote for Donald Trump. If what one cares about is this country and its living people, vote for anybody else.

Given the rest of how he speaks and acts, I don't believe for a minute POTUS cares two whits about abortion. I believe he cares about Donald Trump and getting re-elected. His anti-abortion stance is merely his pathway to achieve that. And anti-abortion Zealots have swallowed that hook, line, and sinker.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If all one cares about is abortion, vote for Donald Trump. If what one cares about is this country and its living people, vote for anybody else.

Given the rest of how he speaks and acts, I don't believe for a minute POTUS cares two whits about abortion. I believe he cares about Donald Trump and getting re-elected. His anti-abortion stance is merely his pathway to achieve that. And anti-abortion Zealots have swallowed that hook, line, and sinker.

is Donald Trump evil?

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
is Donald Trump evil?

That is not for me to judge. I fail to see Jesus in what he says and how he acts. A higher authority than me will judge if he is evil.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In a plurality rule, where we can't afford to split a vote, it's not a question of whether we like the person for whom we're voting, unfortunately. We need to vote for the person who has the best chance of defeating the person we most despise. We're perpetually voting for the lesser of two evils. It shouldn't have to be this way, but this is how the system is designed. Consequently, Trump could be mediocre on all points, so long as he can beat the greater evil, and then voting for him would be ethical.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That is not for me to judge. I fail to see Jesus in what he says and how he acts. A higher authority than me will judge if he is evil.
You shared your opinion on Trump. Is it based on him being evil?

Incidentally, we ARE to expose the darkness and the evil works of darkness.

If he is evil, say so.

Is he?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ll be the first to admit that president Donald Trump isn’t perfect. He said some mean things about undocumented immigrants, calling them drug-dealers, criminals, and rapists. He has a huge ego. And I certainly don’t approve of his extramarital affairs. But whatever Trump’s flaws, at least he gets one thing right: he is pro-life.

Abortion is arguably the number one issue of our time. According to the Wikipedia page called “Abortion statistics in the United States,” there have been 45.7 million abortions in the United States since Roe v. Wade. By comparison, 6 million Jews were killed in the Holocaust. This means that 7.5 times more babies have been murdered in the womb than Jews who were gassed by the Nazis. Let those numbers sink in for a moment.

The Bible consistently confirms that God believes life begins at conception. One example is Jeremiah 1:5, which says, “Before you were in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Another example is Luke 1:41, which says, “When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.”

How is Trump against abortion? Here are some facts on the matter:

1. Trump has chosen many nominees who are against abortion, including Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch.

2. Trump wants to completely ban abortion except for rape, incest, or when the life of the woman is in danger.

3. Trump showed support for a ban on abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Just In: Brody File Exclusive: Donald Trump Comes Out In Support Of 20 Week Abortion Ban

4. Trump wants to appeal the Affordable Care Act, which provides people with health insurance coverage for abortion.

5. Trump would have preferred to shut down the government rather than fund Planned Parenthood, a prominent abortion racket.

6. Trump’s VP Pence said he wants to see Roe v. Wade on “the ash heap of history,” and he has a consistent record of defending life in the womb. Democratic National Convention, the final day: 'When there are no ceilings, the sky's the limit,' Clinton says - Los Angeles Times

Because abortion is arguably the Holocaust of our day, it is of the utmost importance that we Christians vote for pro-life political leaders. We all must take a principled stand against the notable genocide that is occurring in our country. Trump isn’t perfect, but at least he is pro-life. For that reason, I believe he is the most ethical candidate to vote for next year when the 2020 presidential election takes place.
Most Republicans if not all are against abortion. So that is not unique to Mr. Trump. It is my guess with all his infidelity he most likely paid for a few of them in the past and would still do so today, IMO. As far as being ethical, I do not think he fits the description below but the Republicans really do not care and that is who is fueling his power regardless of ethics.

Being ethical means conforming to accepted moral standards. Applied to the work environment, it means that an ethical person has a higher standard than just avoiding a certain behavior or practice because it is illegal.

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You shared your opinion on Trump. Is it based on him being evil?
Incidentally, we ARE to expose the darkness and the evil works of darkness.
If he is evil, say so.
Is he?
There is not enough time nor space nor allowed, to "say so" , for all the ones who are evil. (on all sides/ everywhere)

There is also no evidence/ proof/ in God's Word or otherwise, that that is the right thing to do concerning the leaders of the countries (since God says they will all/ or all did/ commit fornication with the enemy(spiritually) ) ....
So , it is not something for Ekklesia to mess with, in the way that the society is doing. (which is not right on a daily basis about almost anything, is it ? ) .....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus is not in Trump.
Well, that might be so,
but it is written that TWO THIRDS of all mankind , AFTER the one third is killed,
(so all mankind)

REFUSES TO REPENT OF SERVING DEMONS (worshiping demons), even though they perish eternally.

They reject Jesus (the whole world does, according to the Apocalypse) ..... (thus most people today) ....

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But whatever Trump’s flaws, at least he gets one thing right: he is pro-life.

Abortion is arguably the number one issue of our time.

If you feel that Trump is wrong on most issues but right on the abortion issue, then it's worth thinking about whether abortions can be reduced in any other way besides presidential action. If there are ways to reduce unplanned pregnancies, or to make it easier for moms to raise children when they do have unplanned pregnancies, then one option is to vote for a candidate who is good for the nation in most ways, and at the same time work on these other non-governmental avenues to reducing abortions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is an exceedingly high index of suspicion that Mr. Trump’s position on abortion is a matter of political expediency. Voting for Mr. Trump is either unethical or, more likely, demonstrates astonishingly poor judgment.

He has turned a dignified office into a veritable freak show.

Upvote 0

Rev Life

pro-life values
Nov 1, 2019
Florida
✟8,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you feel that Trump is wrong on most issues but right on the abortion issue, then it's worth thinking about whether abortions can be reduced in any other way besides presidential action. If there are ways to reduce unplanned pregnancies, or to make it easier for moms to raise children when they do have unplanned pregnancies, then one option is to vote for a candidate who is good for the nation in most ways, and at the same time work on these other non-governmental avenues to reducing abortions.

Here is a better way to reduce abortions: make it illegal.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

hmmm..... "good for the nation" ..... like the last few years ? Good? (apparently) Better than the other side would have been ? Apparently.

So then, why all the shenanigans , why all the flurry of activity without "good for the nation" ?

Upvote 0